turntable find at GW [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : turntable find at GW

big mc
04-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Hello to everyone. Hey, I found a turntable. It is an onkyo cp1000a with a few parts missing, ie. table matt, headshell, cartridge/stylus and the belt seems a bit old. I need some imput on whether or not to spend some cash to resurect this guy. in other words is this unit a keeper or should I look for a better find. There seems to be some quality in this unit not withstanding there are $15,000 turntables out there, of which I probably will never own. Any way, any info here would be helpful. I have researched this a little and know there are some things to check right off ie., does the turntable spin smoothly without the belt in place. Don't know about tone arm drag or alignment etc. So, help me out if you can. Big thanks,
Big MC.

hifitommy
04-25-2010, 10:05 AM
of course is mandatory. the headshell and mat should be easy to find. LPgear.com is a likely place to start looking and even cartridges are available there like the at95e. you could be up and running quite soon.

its too bad nobody answered your post sooner. hopefully you didnt give up the idea of using the tt.