Favorite snack for watching movies [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite snack for watching movies

Smokey
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
What is your favorite snack when watching movies at home?

I know pop corn is the old standard. But to make them taste good, one have to load them up with butter and salt which mean heartburn city after eating a big bowl of it. And found other snacks like tortilla or potato chips too filling.

So my favorite movie watching snack tend to be [shelled] sunflower seeds as one small bag can last the whole movie and it suppose to be healthy also. And of course a cold soda to wash it down.

ForeverAutumn
04-09-2010, 05:22 AM
I still like popcorn. I bought the most awesome popcorn maker (http://www.cuisinart.com/products/specialty_appliances/cpm-900.html) a couple of years ago. This thing makes the crispest, nicest popcorn that I've ever had at home. I just use a little bit of oil so it's not too fattening and then dust it with salt or Kernels White Chedder seasoning. Mmmmmmmm. So good.

If I'm not in the mood for popcorn then we'll have veggies with dip, or a bowl of grapes. Grapes are kind of like popcorn for me. You can grab a handful and they have that nice crisp crunch.

We rarely have chips in our house, that's a serious danger zone...chips are for company. :)

Groundbeef
04-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Depends on the movie. But I'm partial to popcorn. The microwave kind from Orville is just fine, the salt-n-pepper one is really good.

I don't like the 'butter' stuff. When we go to a movie I don't get the 'butter' either. Too greasy.

And a nice cold beer is good.

dean_martin
04-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm a chip-a-holic, but when i mix it up a little, I like Junior Mints, Goobers, pistashios or Cheeze-its.

With the right beverage - asiago, smoked gouda and english cheddar cheeses.

The wife likes Hot Tamales, grapes and pop ice.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I usually have veggies and dip, wheat thins, lemon or carbonated water, and on occasion a beer or cosmopolitan. I stay away from chips, popcorn(too fattening) and other salty snacks.

BallinWithNash
04-09-2010, 06:56 PM
To me popcorn in the microwave doesn't cut it ... so if I am going out to the movies popcorn all the way but if I am at home, chips n salsa are always good ... Nachos yea im going with nachos and salsa haha!

bobsticks
04-10-2010, 01:51 PM
With the right beverage - asiago, smoked gouda and english cheddar cheeses.

Now yer talkin' my style Deano. I love popcorn but one of my favorite snacky-snacks is to cut up some tomatos, sprinkle with cayenne pepper and seerve with a nice cheese ( I prefer a Wisconsin Black Wax) and maybe some sushi.

Glad I'm not th eonly cheese-head...

dean_martin
04-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Now yer talkin' my style Deano. I love popcorn but one of my favorite snacky-snacks is to cut up some tomatos, sprinkle with cayenne pepper and seerve with a nice cheese ( I prefer a Wisconsin Black Wax) and maybe some sushi.

Glad I'm not th eonly cheese-head...
We need to get together for beverages and snacky-snacks.

bobsticks
04-10-2010, 04:05 PM
We need to get together for beverages and snacky-snacks.

Amen...and some tunes!

Can one find some proper unagi in your area?

Smokey
04-10-2010, 06:27 PM
Beside popcorn, grapes, veggies with dip, cheese and of course nachos and salsa seem to be favorite movie munching snacks.

Bobstick mentioned cayenne peppered tomato with cheese which does sound good. Has anybody tried sour white grapes with cheese and crackers. Very refreshing.

dean_martin
04-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Amen...and some tunes!

Can one find some proper unagi in your area?
Yes, tunes. I'll be posting some pics of my new listening space soon.

I know of a few places for unagi, but I really don't have a point of reference for "proper" or best. Eel and such has come on strong in our area in just the last couple of years. I know some hardcore sushi-ites who have favorite haunts. Shouldn't be a problem.

Tarheel_
04-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Red Bull and Vodka....less filling and tastes great.

Smokey
04-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Red Bull and Vodka....less filling and tastes great.

Not much of a drinking fan (I'm a dude :D), but if offerd a drink, I usually go with Margaritas with extra lime.

Worf101
04-12-2010, 04:39 AM
I'm at work, and now I'm hongry!!!!!!!!! ARRRRRGH!!!!!

We eat Orville's Redenbackers... but it's a poor substitute. At the Spectrum Theatre we get real popcorn with real, heart clogging, vein popping, cholesterol laden butter. Once you get used to that, OR's crap tastes like... crap. When we have it, pepper jack and crackers does pretty good, as does grapes and cheese. Salted Pistachios in the shell however are the best. Gurrrgle... groan... moan...

Worf

Hyfi
04-12-2010, 08:11 AM
I'll have to go with using pretzels to scoop up and eat ice cream.

Kam
04-12-2010, 09:36 AM
i like almonds, peanuts, mixed nuts, iced tea, carrots and hummus, coconut water. i try and stay healthy but there's a few theaters that still make some amazing popcorn i can't resist. the arclight in LA has some old fashioned movie butter popcorn and it is just deeeelish.

GMichael
04-12-2010, 09:47 AM
I like cheese. Sometime a nice sharp cheddar, other times, a mild gouda.

ForeverAutumn
04-12-2010, 09:57 AM
I'll have to go with using pretzels to scoop up and eat ice cream.

You're weird. ;)

Hyfi
04-12-2010, 10:03 AM
You're weird. ;)

If you never tried it, don't knock it.......curler!

GMichael
04-12-2010, 10:24 AM
If you never tried it, don't knock it.......curler!
My wife likes to use sour cream and onion chips to scope up her butter pecan ice cream.

TheHills44060
04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't like chips, goodies or snacks. They just upset my stomach and make me feel full. When watching flicks I like drinking beer.