New Toy: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook II [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Toy: Tyler Acoustics Linbrook II

jrhymeammo
04-05-2010, 05:27 PM
http://gallery.audioreview.com/data/audio//500/Linbrook_II_2_1.JPG

Will post a review after thorough acquintance.

JRA

poppachubby
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow, looks killer. Are you auditioning?

Ajani
04-05-2010, 06:07 PM
That looks very nice... such a shame so few speakers use that traditional 3 way design... I prefer the look to the slimline towers with dual or triple woofers for bass....

jrhymeammo
04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Wow, looks killer. Are you auditioning?

I just went ahead and bought a pair from Audiogon this time.
The Linbrook II will be replacing my Reference Monitors. They are here to stay!

jrhymeammo
04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
That looks very nice... such a shame so few speakers use that traditional 3 way design... I prefer the look to the slimline towers with dual or triple woofers for bass....
They are my first 3 way fullrange speakers in 14 years. I've been sticking with bookshelfs for a sake of simpler crossover designs. I'm happier now that I don't have to use a powered subwoofer.

Ajani
04-05-2010, 08:13 PM
They are my first 3 way fullrange speakers in 14 years. I've been sticking with bookshelfs for a sake of simpler crossover designs. I'm happier now that I don't have to use a powered subwoofer.

That's exactly why I avoid bookshelfs (apart from that I prefer the look of floorstanders)... I've yet to hear a sub I like....

blackraven
04-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Very nice, enjoy!

kexodusc
04-06-2010, 04:05 AM
I've used those Seas Excel drivers in two designs I built for someone else. They are very low distortion drivers with an excellent performance in the midrange. I've heard the 2-way Linbrook refernece monitors...fantastic speaker. If the 3-way shores up the bass authority, I'd put it up against any $5k speaker out there without hesitation in all but the largest of rooms.

Excellent buy, enjoy!

TheHills44060
04-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Interested in the review. I've never heard a Tyler speaker in person before and have wondered if they were really worth the price.

basite
04-06-2010, 10:15 AM
Congrats Hiro!

Really :)
they look excellent, and I bet they sound like that too :)

btw, how are you doing? long time no see :)

Keep them spinning bro,
Bert.

Feanor
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
{ Tyler Acoustics Linbrook II }

Will post a review after thorough acquintance.

JRA
Looks sweet!! I love those high-priced Seas drivers. Should give you great sound, but let us know.

I'll bet you'll be glad to see the tail-end of the single-driver speakers you were using.

jrhymeammo
04-06-2010, 12:32 PM
I've used those Seas Excel drivers in two designs I built for someone else. They are very low distortion drivers with an excellent performance in the midrange. I've heard the 2-way Linbrook refernece monitors...fantastic speaker. If the 3-way shores up the bass authority, I'd put it up against any $5k speaker out there without hesitation in all but the largest of rooms.

Excellent buy, enjoy!

They really are excellent.
Due to the 3 way design, midrange sounds fuller than the Reference Monitor.
I hate to make a statement at this point, but Millenium tweeters sound more open than the Revelator. Bass is very good and I don't see the point of spending twice as much to get the last 2/3 octoves.

Simply great.

frenchmon
04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Congrats jrhymeammo...they look great. Cant wait to see the review....enjoy.

frechmon

jrhymeammo
04-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Looks sweet!! I love those high-priced Seas drivers. Should give you great sound, but let us know.

I'll bet you'll be glad to see the tail-end of the single-driver speakers you were using.

Brines Acoustics FB-20 offer great sound, but I just don't like the coloration of the Fostex.
The Brines' strength wasnt good enough for me to live with their weakness.
I've been trying to sell them, but the pick-up requirement has been tough...

Thanks,
JRA

jrhymeammo
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Interested in the review. I've never heard a Tyler speaker in person before and have wondered if they were really worth the price.

I wouldn't know for a fact, but the Lin2 might sound close to the RM33LE by the Joseph Audio. I might just be dreaming though.
I will post a review sometime in June or July.

kexodusc
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
They really are excellent.
Due to the 3 way design, midrange sounds fuller than the Reference Monitor.
I hate to make a statement at this point, but Millenium tweeters sound more open than the Revelator. Bass is very good and I don't see the point of spending twice as much to get the last 2/3 octoves.

Simply great.
I've heard good and bad implementations of the Revelator tweeters...they can be quite phenomenal. Not sure they're worth the money compared to some good $60-$100 tweeters in every application, but...the Revelator woofers are even better IMO.
I like the value in Seas though - actually I'm working on two projects using Seas drivers now...

TheHills44060
04-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I wouldn't know for a fact, but the Lin2 might sound close to the RM33LE by the Joseph Audio. I might just be dreaming though.
I will post a review sometime in June or July.
ahhh yeah good point, considering the size and drivers you may just be right.

JohnMichael
04-06-2010, 05:38 PM
You gots the prettiest woofers I ever seen. Suudenly dualing banjos are playing in the distance. Seriously they are beautiful speakers. I love my RS6's and those are probably a step above. I used to subscribe to the bookshelf ideal but that extra reach in the bass sure is nice. Why the hell have we not met and listened to each others systems?

jrhymeammo
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
You gots the prettiest woofers I ever seen. Suudenly dualing banjos are playing in the distance. Seriously they are beautiful speakers. I love my RS6's and those are probably a step above. I used to subscribe to the bookshelf ideal but that extra reach in the bass sure is nice. Why the hell have we not met and listened to each others systems?

That's a damn good question!!!!
All talk and no action on my part, so I'll try to arrange something in a near future.
As uaual, work has been #1 priority in my life for past 3 years. Though I'm at home, I'm still grinding at it. I would love to spin wax thru your RS6!!!

JRA

jrhymeammo
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
btw, how are you doing? long time no see :)

Thanks Bert and same to you.
I've been in and out, but I still lurk around here from time to time.
My goal this year was to spent more time outside of work and audio, but they continue to sucked me back in.

How do you like your Graham Slee setup?
If you got the time, we would love to see the pics.

Thanks again,
JRA

jrhymeammo
04-06-2010, 05:59 PM
ahhh yeah good point, considering the size and drivers you may just be right.

If you are ever interested in TA speakers, then you might luck out and find someone who's willing to let you listen.

http://tyleracoustics.com/home_demo.html