Speaker Recommendations... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Recommendations...

CrazyCanuck
04-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Hello Guys,

New Member looking for some information on my current speakers, and for some help pairing up the rest of the system with them...
Currently i have a set of tower Energy 5.1e loudspeakers... they have done me good for the last 10 years or so... and i cant really give them up i dont think... have no reason too... but i recently blew my centre channel of a different brand... Ive been looking on my local classified ads..and found a Energy EC-100 i believe it is.... Will this speaker pair will with the 5.1e towers?? I also was planning on using two Small 40w Denon for the rear speakers... All being powered by a Denon AVR-990 amp...

Im really new to this scene... before i always just mashed together systems without any really regard for brands, and clean sounding speakers...

Cheers

blackraven
04-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Go with an Energy center channel

eisforelectronic
04-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Stick with Energy all around if at all possible.

CrazyCanuck
04-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the input guys... the center im looking at is a EC-100 Energy Center Channel.... My plan is to fill the three front energy speakers.. with these smaller Denon rears that i have.. Any Recommendations for what side and rears i should be on the hunt for to round out the 5.1e towers with EC-100 center??

Thanks for the Help..
Cheers