Help with my Onkyo turntable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Onkyo turntable

cgibsong002
04-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey guys, it's been a little while since I've been here. I've slowly built up a decent little sound system. I just added to my collection an Onkyo auto-return turntable from my dad. Problem is this piece that isn't connected obviously stops me from being able to properly lower and raise the arm. I can't figure out if i'm missing a piece, or if that white plastic tube isn't supposed to be there. Anyone know how this piece goes back in?

btw, if anyone knows about Presonus Fireboxes, let me know... I'm having trouble setting it as my default sound card.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/1517/1001380.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8697/1001379g.jpg

JohnMichael
04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
My best guess is the arm riser which is black and on it's side in the picture should be placed with the pin in the empty hole closest to the pivot point. The white tube should raise up and down to elevate the tonearm and the part in the hole must be a guide to keep it in position.

cgibsong002
04-01-2010, 04:26 PM
that's exactly what it looks like, yes. except there's a screw on the point farthest away from the pivot, and that needs to screw into something to hold it in. as it is, it would screw right where the white tube is... but you can't screw it into that tube, it has no threads.

poppachubby
04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Have you checked the Vinyl Engine for a manual? It will have an exploder plus assembly info.

cgibsong002
04-01-2010, 04:51 PM
they don't have the manual for this model. i'm looking through the others to see if i can find anything useful, even a good picture... nothing so far.

lmccay
06-07-2010, 08:11 AM
Correct the arm riser should be placed on the white tube which does raise the tone arm. It goes in about the same direction as it is sitting now. By the way I have this same model I purchased off Ebay. i don't have a manual. He said it plays great but when I received it, all adjustments must be made. i am figuring some out but do not know how to adjust the weights. it is trying to sound like music but it is not what is on the record. any help.