Are you ready to be....heartbroken...are you ready... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready to be....heartbroken...are you ready...

Swish
03-30-2010, 09:14 AM
..to be-e-e...heartbroken.

My wipers are kaput (relay switch on the way) so I had to use my wife's car today as it was raining, so without my usual Sirius XM I was 'stuck' with XPN on the radio. They play a lot of really good tunes but get into the bland 'singer/songwriter' stuff too, and they give way too much praise to run-of-the-mill crap.

Anyway, on my way to the office, about a 45 minute drive, they hiccuped at first with some awful ballad by Barenaked Ladies of their new CD. The lyrics were comprised of a much of cliches strung together and I actually turned off the radio for a few minutes. Next was one from Nina Simone, 'My Baby Just Care For Me', off her debut "Little Girl Blue' way back in 1958, a great year by most accounts (I was born in '58). Next was Waylon Jennings' "I'm a Ramblin Man', then something new from Jakob Dylan with Neko Case helping on vocals. Then I heard the opening notes from that great tune by Lloyd Cole and the Commotion, "Are You Ready to be Heartbroken' off their great debut record, 'Rattlesnakes'. I got interrupted with a couple cell calls after that, but that was a nice run of tunes you wouldn't hear on a routine basis.