You're not in, Rave Recs, any more. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : You're not in, Rave Recs, any more.

Swish
03-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Yeah, so my NCAA thread got moved. Whatever. I've had numerous posts moved in the past, so if you're wondering why I rarely post here any longer, wonder no more.

ForeverAutumn
03-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Because you're in Off-Topic posting in your NCAA thread?

Stone
03-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Because you're looking at The Gregg Reference Manual to learn proper usage of commas?

Man, this used to be such a tight-knit group of people that, despite some sentiments to the contrary from outsiders and moderators, welcomed anyone who wanted to join. With it being such a tight-knit group, it possessed a certain camaraderie that included the desire and ability to discuss nearly anything because we were (and in some respects still are) just a group of friends hanging out (albeit in an electronic web-based setting). Multiple things have changed that aspect of this particular board, and a big one is the (sometimes) dictatorship-like attitude from those who are running this site that we MUST discuss music on this board and nothing else.

I guess I could see the complaint and thread moving if every other thread was off-topic, but the vast majority of threads on this board are still music related, so newcomers (which are also dwindling) still can come and see it's really about music, not just a complete mishmash like hipinion or something. Anyway, I know it'll never be what it once was, but it's really too bad we can't have a little fun and treat this board like a community, instead of having to be subjected to the strict "letter of the law," especially when it's someone who was frequented this site for 10 or so years and is just trying to have a fun coversation with friends.

[/soapbox]

Swish
03-29-2010, 11:54 AM
Because you're looking at The Gregg Reference Manual to learn proper usage of commas?

Man, this used to be such a tight-knit group of people that, despite some sentiments to the contrary from outsiders and moderators, welcomed anyone who wanted to join. With it being such a tight-knit group, it possessed a certain camaraderie that included the desire and ability to discuss nearly anything because we were (and in some respects still are) just a group of friends hanging out (albeit in an electronic web-based setting). Multiple things have changed that aspect of this particular board, and a big one is the (sometimes) dictatorship-like attitude from those who are running this site that we MUST discuss music on this board and nothing else.

I guess I could see the complaint and thread moving if every other thread was off-topic, but the vast majority of threads on this board are still music related, so newcomers (which are also dwindling) still can come and see it's really about music, not just a complete mishmash like hipinion or something. Anyway, I know it'll never be what it once was, but it's really too bad we can't have a little fun and treat this board like a community, instead of having to be subjected to the strict "letter of the law," especially when it's someone who was frequented this site for 10 or so years and is just trying to have a fun coversation with friends.

[/soapbox]

I nearly spit out my coffee dude. That was killer. I'll have to get you a plain old Webster's dictionary so you can look up 'hipinion' and 'coversation'. :wink5:

But seriously, I even mentioned that I was listening to Pavement during the game because the announcers are idiots. Did you catch the Puke/Baylor game (yes, I meant to type Puke)? There was a horrible offensive foul called against Baylor at a crucial point of the 4th quarter and that hack Jim Nance didn't give it a second thought, yet the defender was under the hoop in an area where you can't draw an offensive found and he had just moved into place. Instead of a hoop + a free throw, it results in a foul to Baylor and loss of possession. Talk about a turning point.

Stone
03-29-2010, 12:05 PM
I didn't see that part of the game (maybe because there was no 4th quarter?). Once I saw Duke was ahead (even by a small margin) in the second half, I quit watching it so I wouldn't ruin our TV by throwing something at it. But yeah, Nance is a dufus.

Oh, and hipinion was intentional (http://forums.hipinion.com) (although coversation certainly was not).

And so we don't get scolded, have you heard this latest piece of ukulele pop?

http://birdssometimesdance.com/wp-content/uploads/51jZbuFSapL._SS500_-300x300.jpg

Swish
03-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I didn't see that part of the game (maybe because there was no 4th quarter?). Once I saw Duke was ahead (even by a small margin) in the second half, I quit watching it so I wouldn't ruin our TV by throwing something at it. But yeah, Nance is a dufus.

Oh, and hipinion was intentional (http://forums.hipinion.com) (although coversation certainly was not).

And so we don't get scolded, have you heard this latest piece of ukulele pop?

http://birdssometimesdance.com/wp-content/uploads/51jZbuFSapL._SS500_-300x300.jpg

..so my mind is shot. College has 2 halves, not 4 quarters, so yes, I should have said 'late in the second half'. My odd use of commas was also intentional, like your hipinion, or did you know that. I thought my 'You're not in, Kansas, any more' was quite witty, but apparently I'm the only one who thought so. :cryin:

3LB
03-29-2010, 12:23 PM
I agree with Finch, Swish and Stone. Are we using valuable bandwidth or something? Is the thread competing with all those other threads that aren't getting posted?

No, it'll never be like it was...shame too. Funny, none of my Heywood posts ever got moved.

GMichael
03-29-2010, 12:24 PM
You're just too smart for most of us. (yeah yeah, ok, me) What you think of as witty goes right over my head.

Stone
03-30-2010, 04:45 AM
..so my mind is shot. College has 2 halves, not 4 quarters, so yes, I should have said 'late in the second half'. My odd use of commas was also intentional, like your hipinion, or did you know that. I thought my 'You're not in, Kansas, any more' was quite witty, but apparently I'm the only one who thought so. :cryin:

I have to admit, I didn't get it at first, but after looking at it again once you mentioned it, it is pretty witty.

Swish
03-30-2010, 08:59 AM
I have to admit, I didn't get it at first, but after looking at it again once you mentioned it, it is pretty witty.

Thanks for the validation. Hehe. I wasn't sure if you were being obtuse on that prior post or not. I try to inject humor into most things but it doesn't always work, as I'm sure you've noticed. As a sales manager, it's always fun to embarrass my reps though. Geezers rule!