Nice Neil Young Comp Set from mad rhetorik [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nice Neil Young Comp Set from mad rhetorik

Alung
03-31-2004, 03:01 PM
Many thanks to mad rhetorik for the set of Neil Young comps. Classic early Neil and very nicely put together in one acoustic and one electric CD. Pristine sound start to finish on both CD's. If you don't have Neil's early stuff, you should beg for a copy of these.

mad rhetorik
03-31-2004, 03:50 PM
Two days from central NY to Fort Worth? That's quick..by snail mail standards anyway.

Anyway, I'm glad you dug the comp. I wish I could've come up with more original artwork, but I believe the song selection leaves little to be desired for the Neil newbie. The only thing I might have changed would be to switch out one of the two versions of "Tonight's The Night" for "Alburquerque" or "Lookout Joe" (two favorites from <b>Tonight's The Night</b>) but overall I'd say the playlist came out well. I'm also glad the transfer was good, sometimes that can be a hit-and-miss proposition. I use Sony CD-R Audios, which I find to be the best-quality CD-R out there, and so far my burner has been very reliable.

To anyone interested in obtaining the above comp: At the moment I'm kinda low on discs and packaging supplies, so future orders might take longer than usual. Mebbe we can get some sort of exchange process going...you send me the blank CD's, I send back a completed comp.. ; P

Mr MidFi
04-06-2004, 05:57 AM
I listened to most of the "electric" disc on my way in from work this morning. It's damn near the perfect Neil Young album. Can't wait to chill with the acoustic disc this evening.

Many thanks. PM me w/ yer address if you'd like one of mine.

Hyfi
04-06-2004, 06:12 AM
Indeed. Thanks for the tunes.

Dave_G
04-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Yup,

excellent, many thanks, have it on tight now (acoustic)

Dave

mad rhetorik
04-06-2004, 07:24 AM
Glad you enjoyed the comps!