Kimber Kable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Kable

Enochrome
03-17-2010, 07:02 PM
My friend just gave me a pair of older 8TC Kimber Kables. I was going to swap
them with my Audioquest budget ones. Is their that much of a difference in audio quality, especially for mixed use with digital (PS3) and analog (turntable) sources through a Pioneer VSX919AH-K?

Mr Peabody
03-17-2010, 07:06 PM
You've got both pairs give it a try and let us know. My guess is the Kimber should sound better.

poppachubby
03-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Yes, please do. I would be interested on your thoughts. My guess is the analog would reveal any differences, if any are to be audible.

basite
03-18-2010, 01:17 AM
what Audioquests are you looking at?

The Kimber 8TC is a great cable, and it'll cost you some serious $ to do better. sound is entirely different though, the audioquest is very likely warmer sounding, but rather dark actually, and less sparkle & detail in the highs. If you listen to rock and pop, I wouldn't recommend them...

Feel lucky to get the 8TC's, you don't often get "gifts" of these worth :p

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

Feanor
03-18-2010, 06:18 AM
My friend just gave me a pair of older 8TC Kimber Kables. I was going to swap
them with my Audioquest budget ones. Is their that much of a difference in audio quality, especially for mixed use with digital (PS3) and analog (turntable) sources through a Pioneer VSX919AH-K?
I'm not saying there will be no difference, only that there won't be "much of a difference". But then again whether a difference is a minute difference or "much of a difference" is ... uhmm ... personal & subjective.

So you'll know only by trying them in your system. For one thing, differences in speaker cables are highly dependant on the particular amp + speaker combo.

Mr Peabody
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi Bert, good to see you stopping in.