New Website Dirt Cheap Prices [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Website Dirt Cheap Prices

BallinWithNash
03-15-2010, 09:50 PM
http://speakershoppe.com/
Are they legit? They have great prices but I mean are they just taking your money??
Thanks in advance

dakatabg
03-15-2010, 10:11 PM
wow they are really cheap.

BallinWithNash
03-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Yea I know dude and I am wondering if I should give them my credit card info or not ... probably shouldn't may go on a buying spree haha

harley .guy07
03-16-2010, 03:52 AM
they are pretty cheap on some things but others they are just about the going rate. I am surprised to see them selling Axiom since Axiom has their own online store and I thought only they could sell their products. I would definitely check into them before making a order or giving them your CC info. I would check out there info and see where they are in operation and give the Better business bureau in their area a call to make sure they are legit.

bfalls
03-16-2010, 06:04 AM
I was checking out the Scandyna line. I bought two pairs of Minipods several years ago. The first was a pair of black which cost $275/pr, the others a pair of Lucente/clear which allows you to see the internal components. I paid $300 for them. Now they seem to be pretty outrageous. The speakers are OK sound-wise and pretty unique in design. I just don't see the justification in cost now. I'd like to have a Cinepod center to go with the others for a 5.1 system, but I'm not paying $599 just to complete the set. If anyone out there has one they want to sell.......

Hyfi
03-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Also make sure they are authorized dealers of every brand listed. I could not find that info with a quick look at the site.

dakatabg
03-16-2010, 06:53 AM
BallinWithNash, if you are going to purchase I just checked that the same things go on ebay, most of them with free shipping and some even cheaper than on the site you recommend.

blackraven
03-16-2010, 08:53 AM
There appears to be no contact telephone number. I would not buy from this site.

bfalls
03-16-2010, 09:09 AM
I agree. They use Amazon as their checkout, but still apprehensive about any sales company who deliberately doesn't list their contact information.

dakatabg
03-16-2010, 09:17 AM
So remove them from your list

BallinWithNash
03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
alright thanks guys!!

BallinWithNash
03-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Just thought I would let everyone know I found another website that has pretty good prices
etronics.com and onecall.com both are legit

TheHills44060
03-17-2010, 05:21 AM
onecall is pretty decent although i haven't used them in years and their selection and prices don't seem to be as good as they used to be. i bought a really nice Onkyo minidisc player from them a while ago.

ForeverAutumn
03-17-2010, 11:43 AM
This was in the FAQ section on Axiom’s web site. It looks like they are the only seller of their products.

Do you have any dealers?
Axiom is an internet based direct to consumer speaker manufacturer enjoying over 25 years of manufacturing award winning products. Eliminating the retail dealer network allows us to offer you the best price/performance products available.

This was on the Boston Accoustics web site:

Boston Acoustics does not authorize mail order or online sale of its products except for authorized Boston Acoustics Internet Partners.

Buyer Beware
There are some dealers who resell our products that are not authorized to do so. Some of these dealers run advertisements in the back of magazines or sell online via the Internet. The goods they sell are, in most cases, acquired via unauthorized practices. Often these goods are damaged, defective, or used. Most unauthorized dealers do not offer any service after the sale. Also, some of these dealers change their name and location to avoid responsibility for any problems, which may have occurred after the sale. Products sold by an unauthorized dealer are not entitled to Boston's warranty. Boston Acoustics is actively pursuing unauthorized dealers to stop them from selling our products.

Speakershoppe.com is not listed as an authorized on-line dealer. http://www.bostonacoustics.com/DealerLocator.aspx

They are also not listed on Klipsch’s site as an authorized on-line dealer. http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/where-to-buy/online/

I see no reason to check any further. You are wise not to order from them.

nightflier
03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
P.S. etronics.com is not authorized for all the brands they carry. Buyer beware.

BallinWithNash
03-17-2010, 09:00 PM
ok and thanks guys again!