Problem with Sennheiser headphones [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Sennheiser headphones

james101
03-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Hello All,

Some of you may remember my posts about purchasing Sennheiser HD595 Headphones. Well, I did purchase them in December, and I've been very happy with them- up until a few weeks ago. Recently, I've been experiencing some crackling noise sporadically that lasts for 5-10 seconds then goes away. Its hard to say at what interval- because it is happening randomly. Can you offer any advice?

Thanks,
James

poppachubby
03-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Hey james, have you contacted Sennheiser?

Geoffcin
03-13-2010, 09:56 PM
Hello All,

Some of you may remember my posts about purchasing Sennheiser HD595 Headphones. Well, I did purchase them in December, and I've been very happy with them- up until a few weeks ago. Recently, I've been experiencing some crackling noise sporadically that lasts for 5-10 seconds then goes away. Its hard to say at what interval- because it is happening randomly. Can you offer any advice?

Thanks,
James

Sounds like a dirty plug. It doesn't take much oily residue to cause static/crackling with headphones. Clean the plug with an alcohol prep. DON'T use baby cloths or hand cleaning cloths. Only pure alcohol, either Isopropl or denatured ethel should be used.

winston
03-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Sounds like a dirty plug. It doesn't take much oily residue to cause static/crackling with headphones. Clean the plug with an alcohol prep. DON'T use baby cloths or hand cleaning cloths. Only pure alcohol, either Isopropl or denatured ethel should be used.
yes' James" that advise works ever time!!.... in addition to that it also happens with the headphone out connection from the source your using" if your still having that problem" (unplug the unit" use cotton swabs with the same cleaning suggestion) give it some time to dry" before you power it back up....... good luck:12:

Headphone_Guru
03-14-2010, 10:32 AM
What do you have the headphones connected to?

james101
03-14-2010, 02:34 PM
So the problem is the actual plug, not the connection from the cable to the physical headphone. I should mention I'm using a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adapter...

poppachubby
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
If it was me, I would buy a new one and solder it on. As far as adaptors go, make sure you have a nice fit to avoid abusing the plug/cord.

I asked you about Sennheiser because you should be under warranty...

james101
03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I am under warranty- but what will they do?