thanks FP and Nobody & other stuff. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : thanks FP and Nobody & other stuff.

-Jar-
03-31-2004, 09:47 AM
for the nice packages.. when I have some time to breathe here in the next week or so I'll give 'em a spin and give some thoughts. audiobill, that Wheat is very nice.. thanks! Thanks also to MadR for the incoming NY + DEP. And whoever else I forgot, thanks!
I think I owe a CRS song. I'm sorry for being a slacker, JD.. I should put together something tonight to send if it's not too late..

-jar

JDaniel
03-31-2004, 10:00 AM
Nope Jar - not too late. I think I'm still waiting on Stone and Tug to contribute as well. No problema.

Hey FP - your latest comp is a dud. I know, I know, you are saying "how is that different from all my other comps?" Well, not the music. Ok maybe a couple of the songs are duds. But when I load the disc, it just sits there spinning for probably 30 seconds before it recognizes any songs. Then song 1 doesn't play - just skips in between periods of silence. But the rest of the disc is ok. Pretty good comp actually. Interesting and diverse selection of tunes. Many bands I've never heard of. And there's one song that just blew me away Tisbury Lane by Mae. That should have been your CRSv9 selection - it is outstanding. But your pick was good as well. Nice drummage work throughout too.

But it's still a dud.:D

JD

Stone
03-31-2004, 10:24 AM
Nope Jar - not too late. I think I'm still waiting on Stone and Tug to contribute as well. No problema.
JD

Damn, I completely forgot. I'll get something out to you soon. Thanks for the reminder (even if you didn't intend it to be one :)).

Finch Platte
03-31-2004, 11:21 AM
...when I load the disc, it just sits there spinning for probably 30 seconds before it recognizes any songs. Then song 1 doesn't play - just skips in between periods of silence. But the rest of the disc is ok. Pretty good comp actually. Interesting and diverse selection of tunes. Many bands I've never heard of. And there's one song that just blew me away Tisbury Lane by Mae. That should have been your CRSv9 selection - it is outstanding. But your pick was good as well. Nice drummage work throughout too.JD

Feel free to use the Mae song. My selection isn't written in Stone (no pun intended). I can always use the Tantric song when someone needs songs for a cover comp.

Do what you want. :cool:

fp

Finch Platte
03-31-2004, 01:06 PM
Have you tried playing that comp in another player?

I've had probs before, and I try to listen to every comp in a different player afore it goes out.

Curiously,

fp

JDaniel
03-31-2004, 04:01 PM
Have you tried playing that comp in another player?

I've had probs before, and I try to listen to every comp in a different player afore it goes out.

Curiously,

fp

Gaayree,

Nope I haven't, but will drop it in the DVD/CDP tonight. I listened to most of it again on the way home. I gotta say I like it. A few are a bit "heavy" for my normal tastes, but overall it gets a :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: outta 5 (which might be a record for one of your comps;) ).

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2004, 04:55 PM
I received your comp and while I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, I thank you anyway.

It was nice to see that The Trews and Treble Charger made it onto the disk. Keep it up and we may just have to make you an honourary Canadian. :D