big thanks [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : big thanks

big mc
03-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks to all who welcomed me in, especially the vintage realistic guys. I have a STA 64 (putting out 22 watts rms) with the beautiful silver dial and face.I bought it in 1975. Currently one channel is out but I know of a shop who can fix it. So I can hardly wait to hear it again. The STA 47 is very nice. That one was a classic find at GW. My pride and joy though is a Marantz 2245. What a doll! I'm running AR 1's but only the woofers are selected. They are custom tuned to put out up to 100 mhz. Linked with those are some I believe to be Harmon Kardon two ways that are running as midrange and high end. I have not often heard a warmer, sweet, sounding rig. well enough about my gear.

I just saw some EPI 100v speakers @ GW. When I pulled the grills I found the surrounds completely gone. What bothers me are the cone /voice coils. They had been pulled out of the paper cone. I relocated them back into the hole at about where they should be. I don't know if they will rattle if I refoam them. Price on them is $9.99. The dome tweeters are supposed to be excellent for highs anyway. So any oppinions out there?
Big MC

poppachubby
03-10-2010, 03:03 AM
I just saw some EPI 100v speakers @ GW. When I pulled the grills I found the surrounds completely gone. What bothers me are the cone /voice coils. They had been pulled out of the paper cone. I relocated them back into the hole at about where they should be. I don't know if they will rattle if I refoam them. Price on them is $9.99. The dome tweeters are supposed to be excellent for highs anyway. So any oppinions out there?
Big MC

EPI made great speakers. The people to contact are here... http://www.humanspeakers.com/

They specialize in EPI and Genesis aside from their own Human line. The owner used to work for Genesis...

In the meantime, for 10 bucks why not? The cabinets alone make it worthwhile.