Rush Limbaugh threatens to leave U.S. - Hooray!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh threatens to leave U.S. - Hooray!!

emaidel
03-09-2010, 03:32 PM
Today, Rush Limbaugh said that if Obama's health care plan passes,he'll leave the U.S. I can't think of a better reason in the entire world to push to have that plan passed! Good riddance to, as he's been appropriately labeled, "a big, fat idiot."

Feanor
03-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Today, Rush Limbaugh said that if Obama's health care plan passes,he'll leave the U.S. I can't think of a better reason in the entire world to push to have that plan passed! Good riddance to, as he's been appropriately labeled, "a big, fat idiot."
Is that a threat or a promise? But heck, I wonder where he plans to go? Virtually all other developed nations have some version of universal healthcare -- and no plans to give it up.

By the way, we don't want him in Canada. Wherever (else) he chooses to go, I hope takes Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and train load of those other jackasses with him.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Pass the bill, pass the bill,Pass the bill, pass the bill,Pass the bill, pass the bill

3LB
03-09-2010, 07:47 PM
I understand that Limbaugh, like a host of other conservatives, doesn't want a healthcare plan (I too have reservations, but if we can bail out the automotive and mortgage industries...). But I'm surprised Limbaugh still has enough credibility left to warrant a discussion, let alone have any impact on public opinion, given all the contradicitons of his own personal crusades; i.e. "drug abusers are criminals" (arrested for illegal possession of pain killers and doctor shopping); "family values" (he's been divorced 3 times) and my fave, "Clinton is a draft dodger" (his ever changing reasons how he himself evaded the military draft). I haven't really paid any attention to the guy since he made a string of appearences on TV talk shows in the '90s, where he doesn't fare well at all unless he has the deck stacked in his favor (Phil Donahue ate his lunch on one CNBC show in the '90s) and he came off as a total ass on Letterman. But after that disastorous turn on ESPN (where he jimmy-the-greeked himself out of a job)...I figured the dude was done. Leave the country? I'd never know the difference and I'm surprised anyone in this thread would either.

**just incase anyone is wondering, I an not anti-divorce, but if anyone is going to be very publically vocal on issues of morality and family values, then they'd better "have all they **** in one bag"...Limbaugh is no roadmap.

thekid
03-10-2010, 02:35 AM
He will probably just move to the new "Republic of Texas" after their current governor and future Senator successfully makes good his campaign promise of seceding from the Union but not before taking the remaining TARP money coming Texas' way.......

Feanor
03-10-2010, 05:58 AM
He will probably just move to the new "Republic of Texas" after their current governor and future Senator successfully makes good his campaign promise of seceding from the Union but not before taking the remaining TARP money coming Texas' way.......
Ah! Texas. Why did the US ever fight with Mexico for the place?

Auricauricle
03-10-2010, 06:53 AM
C'mon guys....be reasonable. Mebbe Uganda will take him...as Minister of Morality, no less!

(And that, O Best Beloved, is post no. 2998....)

Ed_in_Tx
03-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Since I actually heard it, Rush said he would go to Costa Rica for health care. He said nothing about leaving the US as a resident. Get your facts straight. And I find the comments about Texas very condescending, so I won't be back on this site posting anything technical or otherwise for a while. Thanks for your revealing comments.

03-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Wow, somebody is ultra sensitive in the building......

03-10-2010, 09:30 AM

For the good Mexican food?

3LB
03-10-2010, 10:03 AM

Gee Feanor, isn't there some Canadian politics for you to harp on? I understand this is just your way of "hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names", but you always seem to be right in the middle of discussions about US politics, in a neener-nanner sort of way to boot - are you under the impression that our policies will in some way effect you?

To answer your question about Texas - once upon a time, we lived in a world where you had to fight to exist, at least to exist in a manner of one's own choosing. Same with countries. And when it came to pass that Texas chose to declare its independence, it accepted help from its nieghbor, the US. The US offered military assistance to Texas because of their mutual like-mindedness. Its what allies do. I know that's a terribly trite and simplistic accounting of that particular event, but befitting the question nonetheless.

Sometimes allies help you fight for your existence, sometimes allies make it so you don't have to (hint hint). Your country gets it. Canada has been lockstep, arm-in-arm with the US through several major military campaigns, putting its military in harm's way along side the US because of shared interests. That's what allies do.

GMichael
03-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Since I actually heard it, Rush said he would go to Costa Rica for health care. He said nothing about leaving the US as a resident. Get your facts straight. And I find the comments about Texas very condescending, so I won't be back on this site posting anything technical or otherwise for a while. Thanks for your revealing comments.
Take Rush with you.

JSE
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
For the good Mexican food?

You haven't lived until you've had some good Tex-Mex.

And don't try telling me Cali has better mexican food. You guys wimped it out! :dita:

Don't make me "remind" you what Tex-Mex can do to a person! :yikes:

Rich-n-Texas
03-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Ah yes, another left-wing liberal thread, and who do we find right in the middle of it? AR.com's own America hater, big Bill Bailey. How NOVEL! :rolleyes:

Right at home now aren't ya Bill?

(Pssst... Cartman, I'm back)

thekid
03-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Geez make a little joke about Texas and the thread goes in a whole different direction...

If it will salve the wounds of my AR bretheren from Texas let me say that I am originally from Michigan. It is home of three of the most backward thinking corporations in the US which has helped Michigan to lead the country in unemployment the last couple of years. Our football team and state are associated with a mammal (Wolverine) that the scientific record indicates never lived in the state. And our most important city Detroit is quickly beginning to look like the set for "I Am Legend" because of all the vacated houses and buildings.

And worst of all Rich it borders Canada........ :D

Everyone feel better now?????

nightflier
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
While I'm sure Uganda will take Rush with open arms, I just don't think he'll feel that comfortable with so many "Bloods and Crips" around him. Of course he'll only be welcome until he tells another person to "take that bone out of their nose." Then again, I doubt he'll really feel at home in Costa Rica, either.

For more of Rush "wisdom," see: Top 10 Rush Limbaugh Racist Quotes (http://newsone.com/obama/casey-gane-mccalla/top-10-racist-limbaugh-quotes/).

emaidel
03-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Ah yes, another left-wing liberal thread,

Hardly. While the anti-Texas comments may not have been entirely "PC," the recent, and VERY disturbing events regarding re-writing history textbooks in Texas to include creationism, and to offer a "different slant" on civil rights movements in the 60's is enough to make anyone with a level sense of fairness gag. There's nothing worse than "revisionist" history. I would hope that level-headed Texans do everything in their power to stop this outrageous assault on historical honesty. (And, yes, I do believe there are plenty of "level-headed" Texans.)

As the one who started this thread, the primary topic was Rush Limbaugh. He's a total moron, but with a huge following. To me, that's downright terrifying. Even several conservative Republican groups have told him to cool it, especially when he declared himself the head of the Republican party. Seems to me someone in Africa did the same thing many years back. Does the name "Idi Amin" mean anything to anyone?

Perhaps (hopefully) Limbaugh will share the same fate.

Feanor
03-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Ah yes, another left-wing liberal thread, and who do we find right in the middle of it? AR.com's own America hater, big Bill Bailey. How NOVEL! :rolleyes:

Right at home now aren't ya Bill?

(Pssst... Cartman, I'm back)
Stilll don't get it, eh, Rich. I love American that's why certain things happening there make me so sad.

Feanor
03-11-2010, 06:40 AM
Gee Feanor, isn't there some Canadian politics for you to harp on? I understand this is just your way of "hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names", but you always seem to be right in the middle of discussions about US politics, in a neener-nanner sort of way to boot - are you under the impression that our policies will in some way effect you?

To answer your question about Texas...

There's plenty I could harp about in Canadian politics, 3LB. But would you really be interested?? I could complain to you, for instance that the Conservative Party of Canada is just a damned Republican want'abe. But like I said ...

In fact for a furriner I know quite a lot of American history -- I dare say more that the average 20 y/o American -- and I'm damned sure I have better understanding of the relationship of American history to world history than an average 40 y/o American.

Look: if your attitude towards Canadian is, "shut up, sit down, and be grateful", then you're going to be disappointed.

3LB
03-11-2010, 09:53 AM
There's plenty I could harp about in Canadian politics, 3LB. But would you really be interested?? doh! ya got me

In fact for a furriner I know quite a lot of American history - interesting hobby... That means you must really be concerned that both US' foriegn and domestic policies have an affect on you and yours (I guess we here in the US are lucky in that regard, Canadianly speaking). Maybe you could offer up some insight instead of the usual neener-nanner, unless of course you just like to neener-nanner, then you'll get the usual disdain.

3LB
03-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Look: if your attitude towards Canadian is, "shut up, sit down, and be grateful", then you're going to be disappointed.

uh, nice try...my comments were to you, and not a commentary on Canada.

Feanor
03-11-2010, 11:00 AM
doh! ya got me

Indeed.

- interesting hobby... That means you must really be concerned that both US' foriegn and domestic policies have an affect on you and yours (I guess we here in the US are lucky in that regard, Canadianly speaking). Maybe you could offer up some insight instead of the usual neener-nanner, unless of course you just like to neener-nanner, then you'll get the usual disdain.
I guess you haven't read very many of my posts.

I have offered insight, not all welcome, on many subjects to date. But stay tuned: there will be more to follow -- whether you will appreciate them of not.

Feanor
03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
uh, nice try...my comments were to you, and not a commentary on Canada.
Either way ...

Auricauricle
03-11-2010, 11:55 AM
"Neener-nanner" ?!

nightflier
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Is that a picture of Rush caught in the act with a RNC page?

3LB
03-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Is that a picture of Rush caught in the act with a RNC page?
that'd be GOP page...

caught in what act?

nightflier
03-12-2010, 01:14 PM
It appears to be Rush cought in the act of doing something considered damnable by the evangelist right, Anne Coulter, and some misguided Ugandans, but for the rest of humanity, simply natural.

Anyhow, if it is a damnable offense, then why should any living human be in a position to judge any of it? Isn't that like one of the biggest sins (assuming the place of God and all that...)? What do these politics-in-the-bedroom-Rush-fans want, a return to the inquisition? Yeah those were grand ol' times!

emaidel
03-13-2010, 04:23 AM
Rush's partner in crime and irrational political nonsense, Glen Beck, did something pretty dumb a couple of days ago: he went on a tirade about the expression "social injustice," and "advised" ANY member of ANY church to "run like hell" if their minister or priest ever utters these words, or if these words are printed anywhere in church literature, as they are (are you ready for this?) a "NAZI plot!"

I've rarely agreed with anything from the far right, but Limbaugh and Beck have fallen off the edge of the planet with their beliefs and "advice." And, I pity Texas schoolchildren who will now be reading textbooks, recently approved by the conservative-far right-revisionist historian-Republican party in which Thomas Jefferson is practically eliminated as ever having existed, and Senator McCarthy and his horriblly misguided and hateful campaign is actually treated with respect. Good Lord! I hope level-headed Texans rise up in revolt! this is NO DIFFERENT than the teachings of radical Islamic countries that the Holocaust never happened, and it's happening right here in our back yard.

Feanor
03-13-2010, 09:07 AM
Rush's partner in crime and irrational political nonsense, Glen Beck, did something pretty dumb a couple of days ago: he went on a tirade about the expression "social injustice," and "advised" ANY member of ANY church to "run like hell" if their minister or priest ever utters these words, or if these words are printed anywhere in church literature, as they are (are you ready for this?) a "NAZI plot!"

I've rarely agreed with anything from the far right, but Limbaugh and Beck have fallen off the edge of the planet with their beliefs and "advice." ....
It's an astounding irony that Beck, et al., can condemn mention of "social justice" as a "NAZI plot". These right wing crazies are close kin to the Nazis in their exploitation of the bigotry, ignorance, and fear of people so many of whom would benefit from some more actual social justice.

03-13-2010, 09:31 AM
It's an astounding irony the Beck, et al., can condemn mention of "social justice" as a "NAZI plot". These right wing crazies are close kin to the Nazis in their exploitation of the bigotry, ignorance, and fear of people so many of whom would benefit from actual social justice.

This is the irony of it all.

nightflier
03-23-2010, 12:13 PM
So has Rush left yet? Or is he going to pull a Sean Hannity?