Martin Logan's anyone? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Martin Logan's anyone?

kode3
03-31-2004, 03:54 AM
It seems that I’m the only one on this forum that has Martin Logan’s. Are they unpopular?

RGA
03-31-2004, 12:28 PM
This is more of a mid-fi low-fi forum. Chances are if anyone here has a Martin Logan they will have the Aerius i which while a good speaker would not be my first choice in the price range.

Many Folks over at audioasylum.com own ML and may even have a dedicated forum to electrostat/planar owners.

I like the big stats from ML - the small ones are not dynamic have bass integration problems and a small listening window. That said the Aerius i certainly gives a buyer a taste of electrostatic magic and for strings is a real treat to listen to.

thepogue
03-31-2004, 01:07 PM
send over yours...i give'em a run!! what model do you have?...I'm on the look-out for a set and sooner of later BLAM I'll snag'em

topspeed
03-31-2004, 03:15 PM
This is more of a mid-fi low-fi forum.

...or maybe they just didn't think they were a good value and bought something else, regardless of price?

kode3
03-31-2004, 03:17 PM
RGA,
Thanks for the reply. I will look at audioasylum.com :)

thepogue,
I have Ascent I's in the front and Scenario's in the back. If you can get some for a good price, I highly recommend it.

hifitommy
03-31-2004, 08:41 PM
and clear. good integration to the dynamic woofs. ANY of the martins would be a good experience. i have listened to reQuests at length and would be happy to have them. they are seemingly pricey but the value is there.

you get what you pay for.

slbenz
03-31-2004, 08:58 PM
RGA,
Thanks for the reply. I will look at audioasylum.com :)

thepogue,
I have Ascent I's in the front and Scenario's in the back. If you can get some for a good price, I highly recommend it.

Hello Kode3,

As a Martin Logan owner of Scenarios myself, I would recommend you go to www.martinloganowners.com. That is a site dedicated to Martin Logan owners like ourselves. Using them as rear surrounds but my mains are Eminent Technology LFT-IVs with an Eminent Technology LFT-XII center channel.

Ben

kode3
03-31-2004, 09:24 PM
slbenz,
I have been there :) My system is #63. I have not had them add my new Ascents to my list, but the Scenario's are up there. Do you have your system posted?

slbenz
03-31-2004, 09:34 PM
slbenz,
I have been there :) My system is #63. I have not had them add my new Ascents to my list, but the Scenario's are up there. Do you have your system posted?

Jesse,

No, I do not have my system posted on their site. Didn't feel comfortable doing it since my mains and center are from Eminent Technology instead from Martin Logans. My Eminent Technology LFT-IVs sound so much more neutral with a larger and more spacious soundstage vs. my ML Scenarios which is why I put the Scenarios for rear surround duty. Thanks for asking anyway.

Ben