Stands needed for Allison Four Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stands needed for Allison Four Speakers

phileserver39
03-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Hello to all members of audioreview.com! I am glad to be a new member to a community of folks who can appreciate my obsession with experiencing great audio and learning all I can about the gear which makes it all happen. God knows my live-in girlfriend wants to punch me in the face every time I try to talk to her about it.

Does anybody have any ideas on stands for my newly acquired Allison Fours? I think they are similar in size and shape to the Bose 901s. The problem is that the 901 stands appear to have screw holes where the 901 cabinets rest. I don't want to go drilling holes in these puppies (unless need be).

Thanks for any help offered. Again, it's great to be here!!

J

Worf101
03-04-2010, 11:21 AM
They're made to hung on walls. If you look in the back there should be two recessed holes with metal hook clips on them for slipping off of nails. Other than that regular bookshelf stands will do. The most important thing is to put them at about ear height and make sure you've nothing obscuring the top firing 8" woofer. Hope this helps.

Worf

markw
03-04-2010, 05:55 PM
I remember hearing these deonstrated by Roy Allison at a hi-fi show in NYC in the late 70;s when they first came out. They can be quite impressive.

Unlike "stand mount" bookshelf class speakers, these are actually designed to perform best with their backs against a wall and with as much free space above them as possible. The speaker couples with the wall to provide bass reinforcement.