Wireless speakers & Home theatre package... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wireless speakers & Home theatre package...

ken88
03-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Do wireless speakers produce the same tonality and musical fidelity as wired speakers?? What I mean is are these wireless speakers just as good as wired speakers as far as sound is concerned. Why can't speakers manufacturers produce more wireless speakers so that we can get rid of all the clutter and mess associated with all the wires.

My second question is what do members think of the "home theatre package" which includes the receiver and blue-ray player which is increasingly popular and offered by the electronic shops when someone buys a large flat screen TV. Is the package a good quality combo product?? Thanks for all your comments.

Mr Peabody
03-01-2010, 09:09 PM
My guess it's not so much the sound quality as it is the delivery system. I've played with some decent wireless headphones and there is still interference. One pair, some Sennheiser wireless, I bought for my daughter could pick up our neighbors cordless phone conversations. Even wireless microphones are still prone to radio interference. I have not used or played with any of the speakers to see how they do but all I've seen them on is HTIB which leads me to believe they aren't bug free enough for higher end applications yet.

The "Home Theater In a Box" (HTIB) you mentioned, the all-in-one units can be alright depending on room size and what you want. They generally have cheezy little speakers with a bass module that tend to leave a good size frequency gap. They also won't have the power a separate receiver would have. I think picture quality would be on par with entry level players. So it depends on how serious you think you might be about surround sound and what your budget is.