Hello, everyone. Any new fixes for onkyo 575? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, everyone. Any new fixes for onkyo 575?

antichip
02-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I have an Onkyo Tx-Ds 575x that is having the same problem some others are. No output to the speakers. However, there is minimul sound from the headphones.
When this began I could regain the output by switching between surround and stereo. Now I get nothing. And I'm not happy about it either! This receiver has excellent sound and I like the optical input for my dvds.
Any help?

harley .guy07
02-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Well the thing is is I am not sure what the problem is with your unit but this unit is old enough that it is not under warranty and getting it fixed especially if the amplifiers output circuits are damaged could run into money if the parts that are in this unit can still be found. I just looked around the web and used ones are selling for 150 to 200 bucks so If you really liked this unit you could buy another used one but if you use the home theater decoding and have 5 or more speakers in your system I would suggest looking at some of the newer receivers out there that can decode the newest formats on blue ray since most likely if you are not there yet at some point HDMI and High def will be important to you and the newer crop of receivers even the newer used ones have these capabilities and if you look around you can get one that I bet will sound at least as good if not better than your receiver did and have all the newer features. Either way getting yours fixed will probably be more of a money pit than it is worth.

Worf101
03-01-2010, 04:51 AM
What he said. Harley Guy is right the 575 is about 6 generations old. I know, I had one. Rather than go through the time and expense of getting it repaired I'd junk it and get an Onkyo 607. In doing that you get HDMI inputs, new audio formats and a new warranty.

Worf