M100's in the game... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : M100's in the game...

thekid
02-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Finally got around to fixing these up a bit. They are modded a little bit as I used a pair of refoamed Genesis I woofers rather than the original EPI woofers. I can certaintly see why everyone raves about the tweeters in these things. Very nice for classical music and they did pretty well with Eric Clapton as well.

Geoffcin
02-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Sweet!!!

poppachubby
02-28-2010, 03:50 AM
That wood is beautiful on those. I bet your wife even likes them. So overall, what's the sound after Frankensteining the woofs? Normally I would be objected to desecrating a Genesis but in this case it looks like the result could be beautiful music.

thekid
02-28-2010, 04:31 AM
That wood is beautiful on those. I bet your wife even likes them. So overall, what's the sound after Frankensteining the woofs? Normally I would be objected to desecrating a Genesis but in this case it looks like the result could be beautiful music.

Well the wife rolled her eyes a bit as she saw visions of the "speaker wall" coming back...

I can't really compare stock EPI woofers to the Genesis but I can say that the histories of the two companies were fairly intermixed. The last time I looked on Human speakers which is/was a site where you could buy replacement drivers for both EPI and Genesis speakers I think he sells the same replacement woofer for the 100's as he does the 1's which tells me that they are probably audio twins. The strength of the 100's was always reported to be there tweeter.

I had posted something about these speakers when I first picked them up of off CL along with a pair of Optimus 5's and Marantz Imperials but I just kept accumulating stuff that I never got around to them. These were bought from the original owner and it seems like he really took care of his gear as all 3 pairs of speakers I got from him were in mint condition.

Well I'm off to the airport...hopefully I will be able to check in with everyone while I am on the road next week. I can't wait to get back because I have a line in on a high end Laser Disc player that the owner is saying they will hold until I get back but you never know....

poppachubby
02-28-2010, 04:55 AM
Sounds good. Just remember to keep an eye out for those CDP's, if for nothing else, for your buddy Chubbs.