malt liquor, chili and donuts, kung fu treachery [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : malt liquor, chili and donuts, kung fu treachery

dean_martin
02-26-2010, 07:07 PM
and BLACK DYNAMITE!

What a fun movie. I enjoyed this take on black cinema from the 70s. Michael Jai White plays it straight to great effect. The plot thickens as BD digs deeper but that doesn't mean it makes sense. The unraveling of the Anaconda Malt Liquor mystery is sheer genius. You'll never guess who's behind it all.

Rich-n-Texas
02-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Samuel L. Jackson? Spike Lee?

Gawd I hope that didn't come across as racist!

At first I thought this thread was one where I could talk about the BEER I'm drinking tonite.

dean_martin
02-26-2010, 09:27 PM
Samuel L. Jackson? Spike Lee?

Gawd I hope that didn't come across as racist!

At first I thought this thread was one where I could talk about the BEER I'm drinking tonite.
Hey Rich
I know what you're drinkin' - a 40 of Anaconda Malt Liquor. We know that's been your choice of brew for years. (See Black Dynamite to find out how we know.)

Rich-n-Texas
02-26-2010, 10:14 PM
No. Tonite was a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. WOW!!! :biggrin5:

dean_martin
02-27-2010, 07:14 AM
No. Tonite was a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. WOW!!! :biggrin5:
mmmm, sounds good. I have a Terrapin (Athens, GA) coffee oatmeal stout waiting in the fridge.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Oatmeal stout?????:crazy: Coffee oatmeal stout???:crazy: What in the h e double toothpicks is this?

Mr Peabody
02-27-2010, 09:15 AM
The title did sound like the makings of a good party. I thought I was the only one that ate donuts with my chilli :) Malt liquor, or liquor in general, also always seems to make the Kung Fu seem more potentially powerful. Haaaaaaaa....splat!

dean_martin
02-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Oatmeal stout?????:crazy: Coffee oatmeal stout???:crazy: What in the h e double toothpicks is this?

Variations on a classice style of beer - the Russian Imperial Stout first made in England for the Russian Czars. Old Rasputin made by North Coast Brewing is a very good example of this style and its made in California.

I've been sampling from the U.S. craft beer scene for almost a year. There's so much more out there than Budweiser-Coors-Miller. California is a hot spot for craft beer and some of it has made its way east. AleSmith, Stone, Bear Republic, Lagunitas, Russian River and North Coast come to mind. Being in SoCal, you have a huge variety of excellent brews available to you. Check'em out.

dean_martin
02-27-2010, 11:24 AM
The title did sound like the makings of a good party. I thought I was the only one that ate donuts with my chilli :) Malt liquor, or liquor in general, also always seems to make the Kung Fu seem more potentially powerful. Haaaaaaaa....splat!

A word of caution, Mr. P: "Donuts don't wear alligator shoes!" Check out Black Dynamite to see how chili and donuts become chicken and waffles.

Mr Peabody
02-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Trust me, I will be on the look out for this movie. This thread is better than any trailer :)

atomicAdam
02-27-2010, 08:31 PM
I've been sampling from the U.S. craft beer scene for almost a year. There's so much more out there than Budweiser-Coors-Miller. California is a hot spot for craft beer and some of it has made its way east. AleSmith, Stone, Bear Republic, Lagunitas, Russian River and North Coast come to mind. Being in SoCal, you have a huge variety of excellent brews available to you. Check'em out.

You should try Stone. With RIS is by far one of the best beers in the world!

Worf101
03-01-2010, 05:43 AM
I saw the trailer for this "masterpiece" a month or so ago and I almost pee'd myself laughing. Not quite as groundbreaking as "I'm Gonna Git you Suckah" or "Undercover Brother" but it's gotta be better than "Pootytang". Errrh, I think I just made myself sick. I'll be putting it in my queue even as we speak.

Worf

Troy
03-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Saw a preview of this a few weeks ago and laughed our asses off. Couldn't recall the name later tho, so I couldn't stick it in the Q. Thanks for the reminder!