Bobsticks- what a lame-o. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Bobsticks- what a lame-o.

Finch Platte
02-24-2010, 11:38 AM
Did I mention he's a lame-o?

:eek6:

bobsticks
02-27-2010, 10:27 PM
LMAO!!...I mean, I don't deny it...but what brought that on?...<snickers>

Swish
02-28-2010, 06:07 AM
LMAO!!...I mean, I don't deny it...but what brought that on?...<snickers>

Yeah, you know for sure.

Finch Platte
02-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Lol. One of the mods musta brought this out of retirement.

D'oh! :crazy:

JohnMichael
02-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Since Bobsticks is a mod my bet is on him.

bobsticks
02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Yeah, you know for sure.

Um, no I really don't...

...but what i will do to spice things up around here is wager one pristine, non-remastered cassette version of Corey Heart's "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night" in the belief that the U.S. will come home with some Olympic Hockey gold lovin'...

bobsticks
02-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Okay, I'm reading stuff aboot the hometeam winning in increments of 50 and my bookie, guido Wommer, says that first goal scoring team invariably wins...hedging my bets and only putting the ubiquitous, truck stop 8-track version up for grabs at this juncture...

bobsticks
02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Could somebody...please...make Phil Kessel go for open ice...?!?!?!?!

poppachubby
02-28-2010, 03:02 PM
Hahahahaha....ya eh!!!!??!!!?!!!

dean_martin
02-28-2010, 03:07 PM
good game and +1 to op

bobsticks
02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
good game and +1 to op

Great game...and thanks a lot...

dean_martin
02-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Great game...and thanks a lot...

yes, great and you're welcome

ForeverAutumn
02-28-2010, 06:34 PM
...but what i will do to spice things up around here is wager one pristine, non-remastered cassette version of Corey Heart's "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night" in the belief that the U.S. will come home with some Olympic Hockey gold lovin'...

Next time wager something we don't already have if you want us throw you a bone.

:smilewinkgrin:

dean_martin
02-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Next time wager something we don't already have if you want us throw you a bone.

:smilewinkgrin:
Hey, FA - I thought you'd be runnin' nekkid through the streets!

ForeverAutumn
02-28-2010, 08:02 PM

It's Canada eh! Too cold for nekkid. I did blow off my curling game tonight to stay at the party we were at and celebrate though. :)

Worf101
03-01-2010, 05:37 AM
There goes another 2.75 cent cup of coffee!!!

Bastiches....

Worf

bobsticks
03-01-2010, 05:59 AM
It's Canada eh! Too cold for nekkid. I did blow off my curling game tonight to stay at the party we were at and celebrate though. :)

How can you possibly survive with one less scintillating episode of shuffleboard-on-ice?

ForeverAutumn
03-01-2010, 07:05 AM
How can you possibly survive with one less scintillating episode of shuffleboard-on-ice?

Now, now. I know that you're hurtin' over Cindy putting your team in it's place, but you don't have to take it out on the gentlemen's game of curling.

How did the US teams do in curling again? Oooooh, that's right.

Swish
03-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Now, now. I know that you're hurtin' over Cindy putting your team in it's place, but you don't have to take it out on the gentlemen's game of curling.

How did the US teams do in curling again? Oooooh, that's right.

...to win gold. Your team was lucky and you know it. Round robin saved the day.

ForeverAutumn
03-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Such bitterness. I almost feel sorry for you. :17:

:biggrin5:

nightflier
03-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Curling? Isn't that for retirement homes? Who's idea was it to make that a "sport"? Probably a Canadian who thought that they needed another opportunity to get a medal.

Just kidding. It's just that that was too easy.

Speaking of hockey, what the heck happened to the Ruskies? Ranked No.1 going into the games and then pouf! nothing. I guess now that they no longer have the party apparatchiks breathing down their necks...

ForeverAutumn
03-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Curling? Isn't that for retirement homes? Who's idea was it to make that a "sport"? Probably a Canadian who thought that they needed another opportunity to get a medal.

I used to think that about curling until I tried it. It's a lot harder than it looks, trust me. And, it's more of a workout than it looks too (unless you're a skip, they just stand around and call the shots).

Stone
03-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I like watching curling, I think for the strategy involved. FA, I was shouting obscenities at the US curling teams (especially the women's team) during the Olympics. I always try to be a good example for my kids.

JohnMichael
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Things more fun than watching curling;

Watching paint dry
Staring at the monitor during your own colonoscopy
Root canals
A video of a clown being tortured at the Chicago Museum of Art

Just kidding I am not a fan of any sport. Well there is Greco-Roman wrestling.

Stone
03-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Well yeah, but that's more fun than just about anything.

ForeverAutumn
03-01-2010, 01:19 PM

LMAO!!! John, you crack me up. Would you believe that I'd already blocked that little gem from my memory? Thanks for the reminder. No, seriously. Thanks. :)

ForeverAutumn
03-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I like watching curling, I think for the strategy involved. FA, I was shouting obscenities at the US curling teams (especially the women's team) during the Olympics. I always try to be a good example for my kids.

Obscenities? At curling?!

You really need to cut back on the caffeine.

Well yeah, but that's more fun than just about anything.

Actually it was! John, Hubby and I went on a wild tour of the Chicago Art Institute. If you're ever looking for a good laugh at what some people consider art, take a walk through their modern art wing some day. We came across this little room that, based on the sounds coming out of it, we were a little afraid to go into. Turned out be some sort of demented clown snuff film...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yyYs8Z_G_M0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yyYs8Z_G_M0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nightflier
03-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Hey, that used to be how I felt about all modern art and I dared say I had lots of fun at the expense of Maplethorpe and that whole genre, several years ago. But taken more seriously, much of modern art (even modern video art, for which I still don't have much appreciation), makes serious references to our own preconceived notions of what art should be. The piece you're referring to, Clown Torture, perhaps isn't meant to be displayed next to a Rembrandt, but it is there to evoke strong reactions, which it seems for most of us here, it has.

Perhaps more importantly, modern art pieces, from Rothko all the way to even Clown Torture have had and continue to have a profound effects on the people who make the movies, music, clothes, and cars we drive. Art and its function in society is much harder to define today than in the time of Vermeer or even Mary Cassatt, to be sure, but it's impact is much more pronounced on everything around us than we realize. Every generation has its Rauschenbergs and Pollocks, so perhaps Bruce Nauman is one of this generation's important artists, too.

When I was younger, I would never have dreamed of putting anything non-representational on the walls in my home, but today I have more abstract art in my home than any other kind. I liken it to my growing appreciation for Jazz, something that also takes a leap of taste from the traditional music most of us enjoy first. My kids are growing up with these influences all around them, and I hope they will look at all art in a more critical light because of it. Likewise, Schonberg isn't something I put on to relax by or as background music for a party, but it has its moments. The fact is, where do each of us draw the line as to how abstract we want our entertainment to be? Were Memento or Mulholland Drive such leaps? A decade or two earlier they would never have seen the light of day. The same can be said for fashion, cars, even the speaker designs we have in our homes. Modern art influenced all of these.

Sadly I still can't bring myself to reconcile "Curling" with "sport." It was hard enough to make that leap with golf, so I guess we all have our limits, LOL.

"Art is the signature of civilization" - Beverly Sills.

ForeverAutumn
03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
The piece you're referring to, Clown Torture, perhaps isn't meant to be displayed next to a Rembrandt, but it is there to evoke strong reactions, which it seems for most of us here, it has.

You're absolutely right. If the strong reaction that the artist was going for is "I want my money back", it was a great success.

Admittedly, it wasn't as bad as the room filled with bags of kitty litter. :crazy:

JohnMichael
03-01-2010, 06:47 PM
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/1807/eek.gif (http://deuzelle.com/page01.html) Wow thats seems really interesting. Thanks for sharing ...

Wow Bobsticks a friend of yours or someone we need to watch.

jrhymeammo
04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
WHATTA F*@K!!!!!!!
When and how did this happen?

Congrats on your success. Now you must learn to embrace others.

bobsticks
04-27-2010, 04:10 PM

I had a co-worker who is deathly afraid of clowns. A few years ago, on a trip through Little Havana, I came across one of those cornerside stand dealios with the cheap carpets, gaudy jewelry, and, yes, horrific paintings...stopped at the light and what did I see?

You betcha...dayglow clown on black velvet. It looked great in his office and I'll never forget the scream...hehehe

...and speaking of hockey...'cuz we were at one point in this misbegotten thread...congrats to GSwish-daddy whose Flyers skated into the playoffs backwards and actually won their first series despite a series of adversities.

Finch Platte
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
Seeing this thread popup reminds me of a story I had published in a mountain bike mag a few years back.

I called a guy a lame-o in the story (fiction), and they published it as "lam-o." Bet there were some scratched heads over that one. :smile5:

Lol- here's the story, and they left it that way for the online edition. :(

http://www.dirtragmag.com/print/article.php?ID=331&category=features

Heh- it was back in the day when you could be "bad."

dean_martin
04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Lower the moon bong.

This thread should be bumped once a month.

ForeverAutumn
04-29-2010, 05:48 AM
This thread should be bumped once a month.

I agree. Just for the title alone. :)

JohnMichael
04-29-2010, 06:19 AM
I could make it sticky. As in bob sticky.

3LB
04-29-2010, 07:44 AM
/\ heh heh

:ihih:

you said sticky

bob's a verb

dean_martin
06-16-2010, 08:52 AM
let's do the bump!

bobsticks
06-16-2010, 09:11 AM
/\ heh heh

:ihih:

you said sticky

bob's a verb

Damn sticky, T...

bobsticks
06-16-2010, 09:13 AM
let's do the bump!

Nice.

dean_martin
08-19-2010, 07:50 AM
I heard it was old post resurrection day.

Feel da luv, 'sticks.

bobsticks
08-20-2010, 08:10 AM