Holy crap batman I'm a noob... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap batman I'm a noob...

euchreb
02-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Hello everyone, I have been reading alot of the threads and I cant say how great it is to see people help others so freely and quickly, and honestly. So heres the situation I have a little money left from the tax return that my wife is letting me keep. While I feel the need to horde it I also want to have a decent system. At the current time I have crap except for my projector which is a Epson 1080 UB pro series. So guys with $1500.00 dollars and this equipment what should I do? Remember I know nothing about amps benefits of 2ch vs surround yada yada. PLEASE help me. I have a 7.1 channel yamaha RX-V1400 receiver, crappy infinity speakers, 4 primus 150s for rears and sides and 2 primus 360 towers for fronts and a primus c25 center channel. This backwards ass system also has a nice active 12" klipsch subwoofer. Now please tell me what to do? I dont know if I should keep the receiver and replace the speakers, replace the receiver, buy an amp, throw everything away buy a system in a box and live with being a noob forever, so on and so on... Remember I wont have much money to work with for the next say 18 years because we had our first baby so hook me up with something I can live with and still feel decent about in years to come. Oh ya Im a total dork and love playing PS3 video games online. If this is rambling Im sorry baby doesnt sleep. Thanks ahead of time for all the help audio gods.

02audionoob
02-23-2010, 07:46 AM
This depends on your goals. I'm a music fan and a movie fan, but I'm happy with a low-end HT system and not with a low-end music system. So for MY goals, I'd leave the HT system alone and get myself a 2-channel system. With a clean slate, I might start with a new Marantz integrated amp and CD player, a Pro-Ject turntable and a nice pair of bookshelf speakers. There have been two threads here recently where forum members were very pleased with their new Mordaunt Short speakers. This could maybe even fit in under the $1500 budget.

euchreb
02-23-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks for replying so quickly. First I mostly interested in movies and gaming sorry I didnt mention that. Second the room is 12' x 15' with the screen aand couch going on the 12' walls with no way to change that, fireplace on one 15' dimension wall and bar is on the other. So what is a HT system? I dont really need a cd player since most of my music is on my Ipod. Now another question can I run an amp in conjuction with this receiver and what are the benefits of an amp? Thanks again.

kevlarus
02-23-2010, 08:32 AM
You have a good HD projector with HDMI, PS3 with HDMI which can take care of your blu-ray and dvd. Because the projector lacks any sound out connections and the PS3 only does HDMI out, you should look at replacing the receiver and at least the fronts or front & center speakers. Personally, I like Klipsch and would keep the powered sub. Because of the range of music and types of movies we watch, we have all Klipsche speakers -- I don't like the muddy sounds of some of the others, that's a personal preference and everyone is different when it comes to that.

euchreb
02-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the advice and the promptness. If I dont leave for work now I am going to do this all day. See everyone this evening.

kevlarus
02-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Actually I was wrong about the PS3. You can get an audio cable (fiber) that will give you surround sound if you didn't want to replace the receiver just yet. There are others here who have more experience using the PS3 for gaming & blu/dvd playback.

pixelthis
02-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Hello everyone, I have been reading alot of the threads and I cant say how great it is to see people help others so freely and quickly, and honestly. So heres the situation I have a little money left from the tax return that my wife is letting me keep. While I feel the need to horde it I also want to have a decent system. At the current time I have crap except for my projector which is a Epson 1080 UB pro series. So guys with $1500.00 dollars and this equipment what should I do? Remember I know nothing about amps benefits of 2ch vs surround yada yada. PLEASE help me. I have a 7.1 channel yamaha RX-V1400 receiver, crappy infinity speakers, 4 primus 150s for rears and sides and 2 primus 360 towers for fronts and a primus c25 center channel. This backwards ass system also has a nice active 12" klipsch subwoofer. Now please tell me what to do? I dont know if I should keep the receiver and replace the speakers, replace the receiver, buy an amp, throw everything away buy a system in a box and live with being a noob forever, so on and so on... Remember I wont have much money to work with for the next say 18 years because we had our first baby so hook me up with something I can live with and still feel decent about in years to come. Oh ya Im a total dork and love playing PS3 video games online. If this is rambling Im sorry baby doesnt sleep. Thanks ahead of time for all the help audio gods.

First, thingt, grow a pair.
When did the wife start wearing the pants?
Second, I would reccomend speakers, but a better pair is outta your budget.
After skepticism of the brand I am a big fan of Emotiva they make a great amp,
in several flavors. GET ONE.
Then get a receiver with pre outs, to plug into the amp, this will give you the latest
codecs.:1:

Hyfi
02-23-2010, 10:38 AM
First, thingt, grow a pair.
When did the wife start wearing the pants?

What a dick! You obviously have a one sided relationship if you are even married and have no clue what a real marriage is. When two people get married, they act as 1 which means open honest teamwork and decisions made together.

You don't need to interject your ignorance and dickheadedness into every post or reply to or make, just answer the OPs questions and keep your personal crap to yourself.

euchreb
02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks for trying to protect me Hyfi but I took it in good fun. My balls are actually in a jar in my wifes purse so to get some I have to ask for them back. LOL. And she started wearing the pants this year as she now has a MBA and makes more money then me. But seriously should I get an amp before a new receiver and speakers or should I start with speakers? By the way what are codecs?

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-23-2010, 07:49 PM
What a dick! You obviously have a one sided relationship if you are even married and have no clue what a real marriage is. When two people get married, they act as 1 which means open honest teamwork and decisions made together.

You don't need to interject your ignorance and dickheadedness into every post or reply to or make, just answer the OPs questions and keep your personal crap to yourself.

Hyfi, these kinds of outbursts are unacceptable! :lol:

paulspencer
02-24-2010, 01:21 AM
I can't believe the audacity of some people on the internet! A little courtesy is in order towards the OP!

euchreb,

In terms of sound quality, speakers are by far the most critical. Problem is, they are also the one thing you need to spend the most money on. You can use a cheap receiver, fairly low cost amps, cables, etc and get exceptional sound. But even with the most expensive of everything else, a system will only ever sound as good as the room and the speakers. On a $1500 budget where SQ is the goal, you'd be mad to do anything but focus on the speakers and room.

The best answer I can give is DIY. If you are handy enough to put something together, you can put together a killer system. All you need is to put the budget into buying parts and for $1k you can make a $5k speaker easily. The rest can go into a killer DIY sub! Pay a visit to diy audio which is a great forum for diy enthusiasts. If you can build the box, you can do it.

If this isn't something you could consider, then start hunting for 2nd hand. Either way, focus the money where it will make a difference - speakers and room.

I still scratch my head why people put so much into cables, amps, DACs and even suggest the same to those who barely even have enough money to buy decent speakers. If you have to cut corners, don't do it with the speakers.

Hyfi
02-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Thanks for trying to protect me Hyfi but I took it in good fun. My balls are actually in a jar in my wifes purse so to get some I have to ask for them back. LOL. And she started wearing the pants this year as she now has a MBA and makes more money then me. But seriously should I get an amp before a new receiver and speakers or should I start with speakers? By the way what are codecs?

I have a modest HT setup that incorporates my main 2CH system. I prefer to put the money into 2CH music playback but have slowly been upgrading parts of the HT setup.

I would start with the best speakers you can afford that have the sound characteristics you like. Some speakers have deeper bass but sacrifice mid-range. Some speakers have metal tweeters that can make your skin crawl after a few hours of loud listening.

Next I would focus on a good high current amp that will drive down to 4ohms comfortably, as many higher end speakers can be 4 or 6 ohms and require a little juice to get their full potential. You may just upgrade someday.

Cables can make a difference and many can't hear it. Definitely replace the $2 cables that come in the box but until you put your system together, don't focus too much on high end cables, just well built with proper shielding.

Hyfi
02-24-2010, 04:13 AM
Hyfi, these kinds of outbursts are unacceptable! :lol:

Joking or not, and on the internet one can never tell, all too often his opening remarks are to make people look small or stupid or whatever it is he thinks makes him look better, bigger, smarter, or more macho.

Telling someone to grow balls as the first answer to a first time poster should not be acceptable or condoned here. The poster asked for help with an audio question and last I looked, this was not a Marriage Counseling Forum.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Joking or not, and on the internet one can never tell, all too often his opening remarks are to make people look small or stupid or whatever it is he thinks makes him look better, bigger, smarter, or more macho.

Telling someone to grow balls as the first answer to a first time poster should not be acceptable or condoned here. The poster asked for help with an audio question and last I looked, this was not a Marriage Counseling Forum.

Now you know what I have to deal with. LOL

BadAssJazz
02-24-2010, 12:33 PM
In terms of sound quality, speakers are by far the most critical. Problem is, they are also the one thing you need to spend the most money on. You can use a cheap receiver, fairly low cost amps, cables, etc and get exceptional sound. But even with the most expensive of everything else, a system will only ever sound as good as the room and the speakers. On a $1500 budget where SQ is the goal, you'd be mad to do anything but focus on the speakers and room.

Strongly agree. The speakers should be your first priority. Start your research there and audition wherever possible.

Also, make sure you touch base with the wife to see what speaker designs meet her approval. I'm not joking, I'm serious.

Unless you are building a dedicated man cave, this room falls under "common area" and the last thing that you want to hear is how your wife doesn't feel that YOUR speakers clashes with HER furniture (even if you bought the furniture...lol!) day in and day out.

My brother lives that nightmare now. Seems his wife was under the impression that he was going for an understated HT setup with bookshelf monitors, when my brother had tower arrays in mind. He brought home towers; he hasn't known a moment's peace since. :o

pixelthis
02-24-2010, 12:43 PM

Glad to see you have a sense of humour, hate to think I OFFENDED you..
I said codec but perhaps thats not entirely accurate.
Its really formats like DTS master, etc, the new ones that are on Blu ray.
They are half of what Blu is all about.
Normally I would suggest new speakers, but with HT the primary task, I think that if you can live with the current ones, I would concentrate on a upgraded receiver, maybe a
amp (something like outlaw or emotiva).
One route you might consider is a flat screen.
While smaller you can get a 52" in your price range now, 120hz.
Might be a better fit, although I KNOW YOU PROJECTOR TYPES love your
screens(GM for example).
An Onkyo for around a grand would give you some decent sound, and versatility

pixelthis
02-24-2010, 12:52 PM
And I guess I am one to talk about being "whipped", my last girlfriend was 24, I am
53, talk about no bargaining position WHATSOEVER.
Ended badly of course, but if you waste time thinking about your car hitting the ground
after going off a cliff, you wont enjoy the ride down.:1:

E-Stat
02-24-2010, 06:47 PM
And I guess I am one to talk about being "whipped", my last girlfriend was 24, I am
53, talk about no bargaining position WHATSOEVER.
Will you ever figure out how to write a paragraph without unnecessary carriage returns?

Do you expect for anyone to take this ridiculous question seriously?

rw

euchreb
02-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Sorry you didnt like my humor E-Stat. I also didnt know that my grammer was being judged in the audio forum. Sounds like the majority leans towards speakers so thats where I am going to start doing my research. Thanks again everyone.

Hyfi
02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Sorry you didnt like my humor E-Stat. I also didnt know that my grammer was being judged in the audio forum. Sounds like the majority leans towards speakers so thats where I am going to start doing my research. Thanks again everyone.

Nah, you have to look at the quoted text in a reply to see who the response was to. eStat was obviously talking to someone else

Good luck with your upgrade!

E-Stat
02-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Sorry you didnt like my humor E-Stat.
Look again at my post and note to whom I was responding. Hint: it was not you.

rw

euchreb
02-25-2010, 09:35 AM
Sorry E-Stat I thought it was aimed at me due to my lack of coherent paragraphs. Should have looked at quote. LOL

pixelthis
02-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Will you ever figure out how to write a paragraph without unnecessary carriage returns?

Do you expect for anyone to take this ridiculous question seriously?

rw

Somebody did.
That was who I was responding to.
HERES A QUESTION that is not rediculous.
HOW long will I BE TREATED LIKE a second class citizen around here?
Just curious.
Not that I mind the abuse, being treated like dirt by stuck ups like yourself
just tends to make me post more:1:

poppachubby
02-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Somebody did.
That was who I was responding to.
Just curious.

Dude, your first response to a new poster was pretty harsh. He doesn't know you from Adam. This site is hurtin for more posters, and that's how you start?!? Can you not see how that might be perceived as rude? At least this guy is honest about his situation, He gets my respect. Honestly, where's a mod when you need one? Go to other sites and watch how much they tolerate that kind of chat...

pixelthis
02-26-2010, 12:15 PM
Dude, your first response to a new poster was pretty harsh. He doesn't know you from Adam. This site is hurtin for more posters, and that's how you start?!? Can you not see how that might be perceived as rude? At least this guy is honest about his situation, He gets my respect. Honestly, where's a mod when you need one? Go to other sites and watch how much they tolerate that kind of chat...

What a maroon.
If you can't discern an obvious joke, which even he found funny, as what it was,
you need to get a life, pronto.
Sorry if I don't gear my responses to the politically correct nazis that rule our current universe, really, when did these guys sneak in and take over?
Tell a little joke and they want to hang you , well, I am tired of walking on tippytoes
just to please you left wing types who want to throw free speech out the window
because its not possible to control everything people say.
What really bugs me is that someone on this site called me a Nazi once, no one cared about that.
And thats the whole problem with political correctness, you can aim it at whoever you want to, people you agree with get a free pass.
Get a little perspective, okay?
Guys have been talking about how whipped they are for ages, its a common thing.
Nothing to blow a gasket about.:1:

E-Stat
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Somebody did.
Curiously, you place them randomly in the middle of sentences.

As for me, my comments target the maturity level of the posts.

rw

E-Stat
02-26-2010, 03:03 PM
What a maroon.
That was a great movie!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/25/Marooned.jpg/200px-Marooned.jpg

rw

Hyfi
02-27-2010, 09:29 AM
Just curious.

The short answer is, when you stop acting like one.

There is such things as being polite, acting with integrity, etiquette, and for someone your age, the ability to write complete coherent sentences without CAPS LOCK.

I realize now that you think your funny. You seem to have a need of belittling people with your off the cuff posts. I'm guessing you are about 5'4" and have what I call "Little Man Syndrome". Always trying to look better (bigger) by putting others down.

If your memory is a good as your insults, you may remember one of your first replies to one of my posts. Instead of offering any real help, you insulted me and called me cheap (in your words) because I still have and use VHS machines.

The point I think that is trying to be made by several here is very simple.

1- Answer the OP with a useful response without insults, joke or otherwise.
2- Drop your YECH wannabe caps lock habit.
3- Try to act with some integrity, you mentioned your in your 50s, not your 20s.
4- Attempt to use the built in spell checker

pixelthis
02-28-2010, 06:36 PM
The short answer is, when you stop acting like one.

There is such things as being polite, acting with integrity, etiquette, and for someone your age, the ability to write complete coherent sentences without CAPS LOCK.

I realize now that you think your funny. You seem to have a need of belittling people with your off the cuff posts. I'm guessing you are about 5'4" and have what I call "Little Man Syndrome". Always trying to look better (bigger) by putting others down.

If your memory is a good as your insults, you may remember one of your first replies to one of my posts. Instead of offering any real help, you insulted me and called me cheap (in your words) because I still have and use VHS machines.

The point I think that is trying to be made by several here is very simple.

1- Answer the OP with a useful response without insults, joke or otherwise.
2- Drop your YECH wannabe caps lock habit.
3- Try to act with some integrity, you mentioned your in your 50s, not your 20s.
4- Attempt to use the built in spell checker

In other words post the same dry, colorless pap that has made this site such a
desert wasteland.
And I dont remember the post you are talking about (I HAVE A LIFE), but its
funny how I keep getting slammed for a lack of quality in my gear by those who still
use VCR's
If you're still using a 240 line vcr for anything other than a doorstop you are inviting
insults.
I converted all of my SVHS over to DVD with a DVD recorder a long time ago,
and never looked back.
As for integrity, what has that to do with anything?
DO YOU SERIOUSLY think that I care enough about anybody on this site(especially you)
to lie about something?
Have a pretty high opinion of yourself.
Heres a clue , ace, concentrate on improving your own prattle and quit preaching in
such a high and mighty tone to to everybody else.
In other words check out the post above that you made.
If thats not the post of some stuck up snotnose than I have never seen one.
I may have my faults, but looking down my nose at others is not one of them.
In other words you put your pants on one leg at a time like everybody else.
And the fact that you have no sense of humour whatsoever doesnt mean I have to scuttle mine.:1:

E-Stat
02-28-2010, 07:43 PM
booger (2).gif
Ever the class act.

rw

paulspencer
02-28-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm tempted to comment on what pixelthis has said, but I wonder if he is actually enjoying being the centre of attention a little too much. Euchreb has been appreciative of the input and deserves more of our time.

euchreb
03-01-2010, 07:28 AM
Its alright everyone. Disagreements will happen Im not offended. I have actually taken your advice to heart and am looking for speakers at this time. I did post another thread though that you all may be able to help me with. While looking for speakers I found a B&K 307 receiver for $600.00. Should I get this and then continue to look for speakers? It looks like a hell of a deal and someone had suggested a new receiverwith the speaker. Anyone know anything about this receiver all the reviews I have read love it but I am starting to trust the opinions on this website more then the reviews. Thanks for your time.

Hyfi
03-01-2010, 09:03 AM
First of all, my apologies to the original poster that your thread got hi jacked. It's not the norm, but neither is it the norm to take jabs at others manhood or marriage in a first response to a new poster. Obviously there are lots of people who have been around and do joke with each other but that's a bit different.

Now my responses to Pix....

In other words post the same dry, colorless pap that has made this site such a desert wasteland.

This whole set of forums became a desert when they switched to v_bulletin, people like you help to make them worse.

And I dont remember the post you are talking about (I HAVE A LIFE), but its funny how I keep getting slammed for a lack of quality in my gear by those who still use VCR's If you're still using a 240 line vcr for anything other than a doorstop you are inviting insults.

Why do you feel the need to insult someone for using a VHS? Is it any of your business? Did you offer me any useful help in the response from the below noted link? Not really, but you told me I may be interested in new inventions like a CELL FONE, but I do believe the word should have been PHONE, but maybe you don't know the difference.

Since you forget who you insult and when, because you do it so often, here is a link to the thread I mentioned.
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=29208&highlight=hyfi

Also, I don't believe I ever trashed any of your gear on these boards.

I converted all of my SVHS over to DVD with a DVD recorder a long time ago, and never looked back.

Good for you! Who cares? I don't have a collection that needs converting. I record and watch 2 tv shows a week and a working VHS machine is all that is needed to do so.

As for integrity, what has that to do with anything?
DO YOU SERIOUSLY think that I care enough about anybody on this site(especially you)to lie about something?

We all know that you don't care about anyone but yourself, you did say you were single right.....no wonder.

Secondly, maybe you need a refresher as to the definition of "integrity"

English Vocabulary and Idioms Forum discuss the word integrity
Definition of integrity (noun)
form plural: no plural
honesty; uprightness; morality; wholeness; unity

Third, nobody accused you of lying that I saw.

Have a pretty high opinion of yourself.
Heres a clue , ace, concentrate on improving your own prattle and quit preaching in
such a high and mighty tone to to everybody else.
In other words check out the post above that you made.
If thats not the post of some stuck up snotnose than I have never seen one.

Just like you, I can post anyway I like within the guidelines. I don't start off my posts by insulting people. I don't try to make others with lesser equipment feel inadequate. The post above was a simple answer to your stupid question. You know exactly why people take jabs at you but since you posses none of the qualities I listed there, you just don't get it.

I may have my faults, but looking down my nose at others is not one of them.

No criticizing others and their gear is more your style.

In other words you put your pants on one leg at a time like everybody else.
And the fact that you have no sense of humour whatsoever doesnt mean I have to scuttle mine.:1:

I have a sense of humor. I also know when it's appropriate to use it. Answering a first time poster with wise ass crap is not very helpful and I see it from you time after time.

So here is what I propose to you, Pix, keep your so called humor to yourself, or share it with those who consider you a friend (not 1st time posters), answer peoples questions with useful responses and without adding insults, and I will stay out of your threads.

pixelthis
03-01-2010, 02:49 PM
First of all, my apologies to the original poster that your thread got hi jacked. It's not the norm, but neither is it the norm to take jabs at others manhood or marriage in a first response to a new poster. Obviously there are lots of people who have been around and do joke with each other but that's a bit different.

Now my responses to Pix....

This whole set of forums became a desert when they switched to v_bulletin, people like you help to make them worse.

Why do you feel the need to insult someone for using a VHS? Is it any of your business? Did you offer me any useful help in the response from the below noted link? Not really, but you told me I may be interested in new inventions like a CELL FONE, but I do believe the word should have been PHONE, but maybe you don't know the difference.

Since you forget who you insult and when, because you do it so often, here is a link to the thread I mentioned.
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=29208&highlight=hyfi

Also, I don't believe I ever trashed any of your gear on these boards.

Good for you! Who cares? I don't have a collection that needs converting. I record and watch 2 tv shows a week and a working VHS machine is all that is needed to do so.

We all know that you don't care about anyone but yourself, you did say you were single right.....no wonder.

Secondly, maybe you need a refresher as to the definition of "integrity"

English Vocabulary and Idioms Forum discuss the word integrity
Definition of integrity (noun)
form plural: no plural
honesty; uprightness; morality; wholeness; unity

Third, nobody accused you of lying that I saw.

Just like you, I can post anyway I like within the guidelines. I don't start off my posts by insulting people. I don't try to make others with lesser equipment feel inadequate. The post above was a simple answer to your stupid question. You know exactly why people take jabs at you but since you posses none of the qualities I listed there, you just don't get it.

No criticizing others and their gear is more your style.

I have a sense of humor. I also know when it's appropriate to use it. Answering a first time poster with wise ass crap is not very helpful and I see it from you time after time.

So here is what I propose to you, Pix, keep your so called humor to yourself, or share it with those who consider you a friend (not 1st time posters), answer peoples questions with useful responses and without adding insults, and I will stay out of your threads.

And heres a helpfull little hint for you.
MIND YOUR OWN DARN BUSINESS.
I guess that jab about "having a pair" hit a little close to home, em?
Or maybe you're a woman(not a streach) who is going further in the attempt to castrate
the AMERICAN male.
As for trashing my gear, feel free.
I WILL never understand people who are so emotionally insecure that they get their feelings hurt by someone "trashing" their gear(which I don't do very often, just check).
THINK YOU HAVE THE PERFECT SETUP?
Well, congrats, you are the first in audiophile history to have such a thing.
Not to mention that people have different priorities, comparing gear is like apples
and oranges.
Real sorry but I DONT have a thin skin, and nobody on this site has ever given one whit about my feelings.
I will try to tone it down in the future for shrinking violets such as yourself.
But you will have to look out for the "jokes".
I dont concern myself with people with no sense of humour whatsoever.:1:

pixelthis
03-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Ever the class act.

rw

I respond kind in kind.
Dont want a punch, dont start a fight.:1:

paulspencer
03-01-2010, 04:16 PM
euchreb,
You have a good outlook on this. My suggestion is if your budget is $1500 total, spend it all on speakers or get the receiver if it's a good deal, keep the rest of the budget, add to it later and spend more on the speakers. I wouldn't share that money between the two, unless you're getting into DIY! In that case, about half your budget could build a $5k equivalent, which you might buy second hand for $2.5k.

hyfi,
This reminds me of a little saying. Internet arguments are like wrestling with a pig in the mud - after doing it for hours, you realise the pig likes it!

blackraven
03-01-2010, 04:32 PM
I agree, dump the money to new speakers. Here's a suggestion for a HT set up-

http://saturdayaudio.com/picturepages/image_specials_march.htm

Front speakers- T55
Rear speakers- B15's
Center speaks- C60

Hyfi
03-02-2010, 06:07 AM
And heres a helpfull little hint for you.
MIND YOUR OWN DARN BUSINESS.
I guess that jab about "having a pair" hit a little close to home, em?
Or maybe you're a woman(not a streach) who is going further in the attempt to castrate
the AMERICAN male.
As for trashing my gear, feel free.
I WILL never understand people who are so emotionally insecure that they get their feelings hurt by someone "trashing" their gear(which I don't do very often, just check).
THINK YOU HAVE THE PERFECT SETUP?
Well, congrats, you are the first in audiophile history to have such a thing.
Not to mention that people have different priorities, comparing gear is like apples
and oranges.
Real sorry but I DONT have a thin skin, and nobody on this site has ever given one whit about my feelings.
I will try to tone it down in the future for shrinking violets such as yourself.
But you will have to look out for the "jokes".
I dont concern myself with people with no sense of humour whatsoever.:1:

Well you have spent plenty of time concerned with my responses even though I have no sense of humor.

I have never trashed your gear, nor do I compare mine to what others have. The only thing on your list I ever heard of is Vizio, which they sell at my local Sams Clubs and K-Marts High End Departments.

Perfect setup? Ha, far from it. Actually, because I am so cheap, my main setup I am using right now only cost me $700 and is close to 20 years old, resurrected from a heap in someones garage.

What posts can you point to where I brag about how great compared to everyone else setup my gear is? Why do you even keep bringing it up in each response instead of addressing the points I make? Oh never mind, you have too much of a life to write a clear response, without caps locks or spelling corrections even when it's underlined in red.

For the record, my feelings did not get hurt because you insulted me for still owning and using a VCR, I just lost respect for you and your holier than all opinions. And again, I have never commented on your gear, yet you have now repeatedly brought up my setup leading me to believe you may be feeling a little jealous for some reason.

Oh yeah, I am just another female that wouldn't waste the time of day on someone like yourself. Single for good reasons huh?. Sounds like you have some deep seeded issues around women, and partnership. Oh poor me, women are always trying to castrate me!

And for someone who has a life, you seem to have plenty of time searching for childish GIFs.

I'm through wasting any more time with you and it's not fair to the rest of the people posting here. Enjoy your pathetic lonely life.

pixelthis
03-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Well you have spent plenty of time concerned with my responses even though I have no sense of humor.

I have never trashed your gear, nor do I compare mine to what others have. The only thing on your list I ever heard of is Vizio, which they sell at my local Sams Clubs and K-Marts High End Departments.

Perfect setup? Ha, far from it. Actually, because I am so cheap, my main setup I am using right now only cost me $700 and is close to 20 years old, resurrected from a heap in someones garage.

What posts can you point to where I brag about how great compared to everyone else setup my gear is? Why do you even keep bringing it up in each response instead of addressing the points I make? Oh never mind, you have too much of a life to write a clear response, without caps locks or spelling corrections even when it's underlined in red.

For the record, my feelings did not get hurt because you insulted me for still owning and using a VCR, I just lost respect for you and your holier than all opinions. And again, I have never commented on your gear, yet you have now repeatedly brought up my setup leading me to believe you may be feeling a little jealous for some reason.

Oh yeah, I am just another female that wouldn't waste the time of day on someone like yourself. Single for good reasons huh?. Sounds like you have some deep seeded issues around women, and partnership. Oh poor me, women are always trying to castrate me!

And for someone who has a life, you seem to have plenty of time searching for childish GIFs.

I'm through wasting any more time with you and it's not fair to the rest of the people posting here. Enjoy your pathetic lonely life.

Thats great, since your comments were unsolicited and unwanted anyway.
And the chap I made the comments to wasnt bothered, so why should you be?
Heres a clue, guys are always kidding each other about the wife running things.
Its an inside joke for guys, and its generally understood its not serious.
You took it out of context and stuck your nose in.
Maybe next time you will mind your own business.
I am sure that women have things that a guy would never understand, either.:1: