Infinity speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Infinity speakers

PB1
02-22-2010, 09:26 PM
I was given a pair of Infinty studio monitor 150 speakers, and after hooking them up they don't have any mid range or high end but plenty of bass. All the foam looks good(not falling apart) and none of the cones are torn. I have the speakers hooked up to a Yamaha M-50 amp,C-85 pre amp, and a T-85 tuner. Thanks in advance.

dakatabg
02-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Those are very nice speakers. If you have them at the corners that will increase the bass!

I think it is the sound you are driving the speakers! Do you have the bass on the amplifier on max and the treble on low? Try to fix that and move the speakers around to see how it is!

PB1
02-23-2010, 08:45 AM
It turns out that one of the wires from the cross over was not connected to one of the mid range drivers. I checked the other and everthing was connected, that took care of one of the speakers but the other still dos'nt have full range of sound.

Hyfi
02-23-2010, 09:32 AM
I had an old pair of infinity's and there was a knob on the back to adjust the crossover I think. If the contacts became corroded, the sound would cut out until moving knob thru it's range several times.