Audio decoding question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Audio decoding question

rob_a
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
This is an odd one.
I am running my Panasonic blu-ray player to my Marantz receiver through the HDMI only. I had it running bit stream so the receiver would decode the audio, but over the weekend I put a movie in and it wouldn’t process the sound??? After messing around with the setting for a while, I finally changed the blu-ray to it's PCM option for audio and this let the audio through. I have no idea what happened, can't seem to figure out why it wont play bit stream anymore :mad2: ??? If anyone is knowledgeable with any of these devices, any help would be nice.
Im running a Panasonic DMP-BD60K blu Ray player to my Marantz SR 7001. HDMI only, Thanks

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-22-2010, 01:23 PM
This is an odd one.
I am running my Panasonic blu-ray player to my Marantz receiver through the HDMI only. I had it running bit stream so the receiver would decode the audio, but over the weekend I put a movie in and it wouldn’t process the sound??? After messing around with the setting for a while, I finally changed the blu-ray to it's PCM option for audio and this let the audio through. I have no idea what happened, can't seem to figure out why it wont play bit steam anymore :mad2: ??? If anyone is knowledgeable with any of these devices, any help would be nice.
Im running a Panasonic DMP-BD60K blu Ray player to my Marantz SR 7001. HDMI only, Thanks

Have you done a hard reset on the Blu ray player? Trying pulling the plug out of the wall for a minute or two and see if that resets the player. It could be a buffering issue, or a HDMI issue, but hard resetting should clear the problem.

rob_a
02-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Have you done a hard reset on the Blu ray player? Trying pulling the plug out of the wall for a minute or two and see if that resets the player. It could be a buffering issue, or a HDMI issue, but hard resetting should clear the problem.

Didn't think it would work, but seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks Sir Terrence :thumbsup: