Nice Memory [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nice Memory

MasterCylinder
02-18-2010, 05:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCI5wZRn9iE

In 1973 I was employed by a major sound & light touring company............I was on a Beach Boys tour for a while and was impressed each night with this song...........Carl did an amazing job each time..............a nice break from all the songs about surf and hot cars...........and a classic from a classic album.

I remember back stage there were two beer coolers............one for band members and one for crew members. The crew cooler had Miller............the band cooler had Heineken.
When the brothers found out my last name is Wilson, they considered me family and I got to drink from the band cooler..............true story............fun stuff !

ForeverAutumn
02-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Great story MC! :)

Swish
02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCI5wZRn9iE

In 1973 I was employed by a major sound & light touring company............I was on a Beach Boys tour for a while and was impressed each night with this song...........Carl did an amazing job each time..............a nice break from all the songs about surf and hot cars...........and a classic from a classic album.

I remember back stage there were two beer coolers............one for band members and one for crew members. The crew cooler had Miller............the band cooler had Heineken.
When the brothers found out my last name is Wilson, they considered me family and I got to drink from the band cooler..............true story............fun stuff !

...aren't you? Let's see, you were working in 1973 and drinking beer, so I'm guessing you were born somewhere in the late 40s or early 50s. Now I don't feel so old, so Always Fall and robertbranches can bust on you instead of me.

I can't imagine working on tour with the Boy. Unreal and you were one lucky dude. Pet Sounds is fantastic and sounds better as each year passes. Very cool indeed.

Swishdaddy - I'm not the resident geezer

MasterCylinder
02-18-2010, 01:10 PM
...aren't you? Let's see, you were working in 1973 and drinking beer, so I'm guessing you were born somewhere in the late 40s or early 50s. Now I don't feel so old, so Always Fall and robertbranches can bust on you instead of me.

I can't imagine working on tour with the Boy. Unreal and you were one lucky dude. Pet Sounds is fantastic and sounds better as each year passes. Very cool indeed.

I was on the road with the Beach Boys and many, many others in 1972 & 1973 with SHOWCO SOUND out of Dallas, Texas...........during those two years I was 19 and 20 years old..........so yes, I was born in 1953. And BTW, the legal drinking age in Texas during that time was 18.

3LB
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Holy crap yer old!

so you got to drink from the band's cooler

but did you get to smoke from the band's stash? :ihih:

MasterCylinder
02-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Holy crap yer old!

so you got to drink from the band's cooler

but did you get to smoke from the band's stash? :ihih:

Most people are surprised when I tell them that smoke was a rare function on the road...........at least socially.............I do know that smoke occurred, just not openly.

ForeverAutumn
02-18-2010, 03:28 PM

I got news for ya Swishdaddy...you're not the resident genius either.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I kill me. :ciappa:

;)

3LB
02-18-2010, 04:21 PM
All y'all get AARP fliers in the mail

bwaaahaaahaaahaaaa!!!!!