Vintage McIntosh, Tandberg, etc. Equipment I want to Sell [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Vintage McIntosh, Tandberg, etc. Equipment I want to Sell

thatoldaner
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
My husband passed away 6 years ago and I have several pieces of his vintage stereo equipment I would like to sell (McIntosh, ADS, Tandberg and dbx). I did a little (very little) research a few years ago trying to determine the value of this equipment. Some pieces I located; some I did not. Some of the equpment is in good condition; some of it in poor condition. My early research showed that even in poor condition, some of the equipment I have is quite valuable. It appears the most valuable piece I have is a McIntosh MC2500 Stereo Power Amplifier.

I really need to get rid of this stuff, so I am resuming my research in an attempt to determine a selling price and the best place to advertise it for sale. Can anyone recommend some web sites where I might find the value of this equpment and also some web sites where I can place it for sale. I have the following equpment:

McIntosh MC2500 Stereo Power Amplified
McIntosh XR6 Speakers Isoplanar Radiator System
McIntosh C32 Stereo Preamp
McIntosh MX113 Stereo AM/FM Tuner Preamp
ADS Model 10 Acoustic Dimension Synthesizer
Tandberg TCO 440A Cassette Deck
dx 3BX 3 Band Dynamic Range Expander

Thanks you for your help.

JohnMichael
02-17-2010, 04:54 PM
You are welcome to list them in Classsifieds here at AudioReview. Many members also have had success both in selling and buying on Audiogon.

dakatabg
02-17-2010, 09:23 PM
thatoldaner put the price and we might buy!

blackraven
02-17-2010, 10:05 PM
I might be interested in buying that 130lb MC2500 amp or the MX-113 from you. List some prices or I can email you an offer.

Mr Peabody
02-17-2010, 10:07 PM
Audiogon also has a Bluebook you can look up the value of gear and what prior same model units sold for. I believe the Bluebook has a monthly fee. Could be worth a month to get a handle on what you have. You could also check local hi fi shops to see if any have a Bluebook.

Depending on how comfortable you are face to face with people you can also list for free on www.craigslist.com

poppachubby
02-18-2010, 04:53 AM
thatoldaner, I can speak to your Mccintosh pieces. They are EXTREMELY valuable. Don't let anyone talk you into selling those for cheap. I can say with certainty the MC2500 and the C32 are extremely valuable IN GOOD CONDITION. You could easily get $500 for the C32 and as much as $1500 for the MC2500.

These are sought after items, again, when in good condition. I would contact the guys at Oak Tree Vintage. They buy and sell vintage audio, very knowledgable. Explain your situation exactly as you have here. At the very least, they can give you some help with price and such. They may even make you an offer.

http://www.oaktreeent.com/contact_us_general.htm

My suggestion to you is to photograph each item, front and back. Also, make sure each item powers up ok. Please keep in touch with us if you still need help...

Chubbs

JoeE SP9
02-18-2010, 05:13 PM
Very good advice pc.

eziggy21
02-28-2010, 04:26 PM
How much do you want for the MC2500? I'm interested in buying it from you.

Do you have any pictures? In what condition is it?

Thanks,

Liz

PeteBleyer
04-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Greetings,
I am new 2 this site, notice Ur posting is now approaching 6 weeks old, so my reply may B 2 late anyway. Ur husband obviously had good taste in his stereo gear because he chose all great stuff. Unlike most of the junk out there, this stuff indeed still has a following + has retained it's value over time. I am interested though in your least valuable piece, the little ADC Unit. Circa 1980, these were a very bid deal when these products were new + few. But since, dozens of others came to market. Curious 2 know if U still have it 4 sale, can tell me what U want 4 it + if U have any pictures 2 show condition? Thank U.

Best,

Pete