Hk Avr20 Ii [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hk Avr20 Ii

shookone
02-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Hello everyone, i was given an Harmon Kardon 20II ( in mint condition) i know it dosent do everything, but in the manuel it has two subwoofer outputs(RCA), and the manuel has it connected to a external amp. I dont want to do that, i bought a Polk PSW10 sub, will that work? Also is it possible to run 6 speakers with this HK.

dakatabg
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
It seems that you will need a subwoofer that has left and right inputs to use the receiver! With the subwoofer you have, you can still use it but it will be only one channel.

You can run 4 front speakers, 2 rear speakers, 1 center speaker and the subwoofer!

Here is a picture of how the receiver looks on the back!

http://i47.tinypic.com/oi9bif.jpg

shookone
02-16-2010, 06:41 PM
ahh that clears alot up thanks, i thought subwoofers were one channel anyway. Please explain.

dakatabg
02-16-2010, 07:00 PM
Most of the receivers have only one output for a subwoofer but the one you have have 2 outputs left and right. You will have to find a subwoofer that has for left and right input to have the stereo signal. You can still use your subwoofer but it will be only one channel either left or right!

I used to have a KLH subwoofer that had for left and right input.

I just checked and your subwoofer has for left and right too so just get a cable and connect it!

Get a cable and connect left from the receiver to left to the subwoofer and right from the receiver to right to the subwoofer!

http://i47.tinypic.com/20ijc69.jpg

shookone
02-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Hey thanks alot,

dakatabg
02-16-2010, 07:23 PM
I am glad you got it! If you have any other questions ask!

shookone
02-22-2010, 07:47 PM
I have another question. I just bought a new tv LG LCD 1080 etc. But i cant hook my receiver up to this new tv, because ("# Inputs: 3 HDMI, HD component, 2 A/V, PC RGB (D-Sub 15-pin) and audio (PC), RF (antenna/cable)
# Outputs: Digital audio (optical) )There are no outputs. Would i have to use a VCR to get my speakers to work?