Help with Ipod touch and Itunes please [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ipod touch and Itunes please

Jim Clark
02-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Say I have an Ipod touch and a compilation file on my PC that I want to get into said Ipod as a whole "cd". So we're clear, this is a mix cd already in MP3 form, already on my computer and I want to move the whole thing - songs in order - over to my Ipod Touch.

How exactly does one accomplish this via Itunes.

I wish my Creative Zen Vision M was still alive : (

Thanks,
jc

Feanor
02-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Say I have an Ipod touch and a compilation file on my PC that I want to get into said Ipod as a whole "cd". So we're clear, this is a mix cd already in MP3 form, already on my computer and I want to move the whole thing - songs in order - over to my Ipod Touch.

How exactly does one accomplish this via Itunes.

Thanks,
jc
Here's quick answer; I don't have a Touch nor do I use iTuns much any more so maybe others willl have a better idea.

You can always drag individual songs or groups of songs from iTunes to your iPod, but I would guess is you want to have your compilation to been seen as a "CD" you need to give all the songs a single 'Album' title. Select all the songs by clicking the first one, then Ctrl+click for the rest; then right click and select 'Get Info'. There you will be able to change the Album title to whatever you want. Then in any Album view, you should be able to drag the whole Album, i.e. compiliation, to your iPod.

Unfortunately if the files to which you are adding the new Album title aren't physical copies, you will be loosing the integrity of the original Albums, (let's say ripped CDs), in which case you will need to go back and rename the Album title to the original one

Jim Clark
02-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Thanks Feanor. I appreciate your response.

This thread is now dead - killed- abandoned as I moved it over to RR for a spirited discussion.

jc

Feanor
02-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks Feanor. I appreciate your response.

This thread is now dead - killed- abandoned as I moved it over to RR for a spirited discussion.

jc
Ah! Didn't see that.

Noddin0ff's solution is the same as mine; creating a Playlist is the other.