Technics Receiver SA-GX505 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Technics Receiver SA-GX505

johnC
02-13-2010, 01:26 PM
I have a technics receiver, model SA-GX505 and the LED display does not work and as a result I cannot see any of my settings. Is there a simple solution? If there is a part I need to replace, do you know where I can find it?

Thank you for your help.

dakatabg
02-13-2010, 09:42 PM
I had a problem with my Yamaha and I had to replace a the front bulb but I don't know what the deal is with the Technics receivers! Check to see if it has a bulb!

pixelthis
02-14-2010, 01:34 AM
Dont worry about it.
I wouldnt fix it unless its a cheap fix.
There gets a point where the cost of fixing something far outweighs the cost of replacing it,
and you're at that point for a Technics receiver, which they don't make anymore, I beleive.
Panasonic used to make this stuff, check their site, maybe they can offer some help.
But it didn't cost that much new.
You can still enjoy it without the light, you know.
You can buy a new receiver, two channel for 125 bucks, a new 5.1 for 200 bucks.
COST about that much to fix this receiver, which, if you do get it fixed, will be outta date.
Sorry:1:

audio amateur
02-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Dont worry about it.
I wouldnt fix it unless its a cheap fix.
There gets a point where the cost of fixing something far outweighs the cost of replacing it,
and you're at that point for a Technics receiver, which they don't make anymore, I beleive.
Panasonic used to make this stuff, check their site, maybe they can offer some help.
But it didn't cost that much new.
You can still enjoy it without the light, you know.
You can buy a new receiver, two channel for 125 bucks, a new 5.1 for 200 bucks.
COST about that much to fix this receiver, which, if you do get it fixed, will be outta date.
Sorry:1:
I agree with Pix. Your Technics receiver seems pretty outdated, as it looks like it doesn't even sport Dolby Digital decoding. My suggestion would be to investigate on repair costs/what the problem is. If it's very cheap to do, then have it fixed. But just to let you know you can find good pre '05 surround receivers that are very cheap, yet boast many more functions than yours (not to mention decoding capabilities). Granted, you might not use them all but they are worth having.

pixelthis
02-15-2010, 12:09 AM
Also be carefull poking around in any electronic device.
But if you can find a cheap bulb with the specs of the old one....
Wouldnt waste much on it tho.:1:

johnC
02-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Thank you all for your advice and help; it' much appreciated!

John