Given away 10 LaserDisc [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Given away 10 LaserDisc

winston
02-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Hi All" I an trying to give away A few (free) (Laser Disc) 10 of em" they are in very good condition. I can only give them to one person only due to shipping!!
Ground shipping by FedEx" would be my choice for shipping" however if one has a UPS or FEDEX account that would be great.

THE Discs are (1) Gil Evans" orchestra w/Randy and Micheal Brecker, and others!)
(2) Carmen McRae live!,) (3) Paul Simon (the African concert!,) (4) James Woods & Louis Gossett,Jr in (Diggstown!,) (5) Richard Attenborough Judy Geeson & John Hurt in (10 Rollington Place!) (6) Steve Martin in (SGT. BILKO!,) (7) Patty Hearst!, (8) Emilio Estevez in (THE MIGHTY DUCKS!.) (9) Danny Glover Tony Danza & Christopher Lloyd in (ANGLES in the OUTFIELD!,) (10) Cotter Smith and Mel Harris in (Cameron's Closet)........

if I pay for the shipping to you" you mail me back the shipping cost
Interested!! PM me (first come first served) :)

poppachubby
02-13-2010, 01:39 PM
winston, thekid has an LD player. You should PM him, he's a great guy and deserves the hook up...

winston
02-13-2010, 02:58 PM
winston, thekid has an LD player. You should PM him, he's a great guy and deserves the hook up...
Will do!! poppachubby" lol ma'an

pixelthis
02-14-2010, 01:20 AM
I threw mine out(had over eighty).
The time for laser has passed, good for nothing now but nostalgia, a
chapter in the history of AV.
EMPHASIZE HISTORY:1:

winston
02-14-2010, 06:28 PM
I threw mine out(had over eighty).
The time for laser has passed, good for nothing now but nostalgia, a
chapter in the history of AV.
EMPHASIZE HISTORY:1:
yes pix" I hear you!!.... but some people here are still into these types audio visual' and really enjoy them too, :22: (so that's the reason I'm trying to passed them before I tossed them)

pixelthis
02-15-2010, 12:02 AM
yes pix" I hear you!!.... but some people here are still into these types audio visual' and really enjoy them too, :22: (so that's the reason I'm trying to passed them before I tossed them)

I appreciate your effort.
But time spent watching an inferiour format is time you don't get back.
As much as I loved my laserdisc, truth is progressive scan from a dvd player will
beat it.
LASER IS ANALOG, and subject to analogs problems.
All I am saying.
I can barely stand standard def off of cable these days.:1:

thekid
02-15-2010, 02:32 AM
Will do!! poppachubby" lol ma'an

Winston

Despite Pix's opinion of LD's I appreciate your PM and your generous offer. I am pretty much set in the LD department or I'd take you up on it.

Pops thanks for keeping me in mind!

winston
02-15-2010, 08:25 AM
I appreciate your effort.
But time spent watching an inferiour format is time you don't get back.
As much as I loved my laserdisc, truth is progressive scan from a dvd player will
beat it.
LASER IS ANALOG, and subject to analogs problems.
All I am saying.
I can barely stand standard def off of cable these days.:1:
Pix" your a Riot" as usual :)

winston
02-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Winston

Despite Pix's opinion of LD's I appreciate your PM and your generous offer. I am pretty much set in the LD department or I'd take you up on it.

Pops thanks for keeping me in mind!
Thanks Kid" I see your topped out!!....... I'll just dropped them off at the library

pixelthis
02-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks Kid" I see your topped out!!....... I'll just dropped them off at the library

AND they will thank you and carry them right out the back door.
Save yourself the trouble and cut out the middle man, and toss em.
If they are so great why arent you keeping them?
I really loved laser, it was a cutting edge format in its day.
RIGHT NOW its just good for nostalgia.:1: