Most Unexpected [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Most Unexpected

MasterCylinder
02-11-2010, 08:55 AM
I logged in to this site earlier today and received this message............

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Are you kidding ?

Here ?

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Happens all the time. I'm surprised that this is the first time you've experienced it. Somewhere...might be on a different forum...Adam gives an explanation for it. I don't remember exactly the reason, but it was something like the parent company allocates server space based on traffic to each of their sites. Since AR is one of the smaller sites, we get less server space.

Don't forget too, there are a lot of forums here. I've been on the Speaker or HT forum when there have been 50 or 60 people lurking.

JohnMichael
02-11-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes a lot of times the lurkers far out number the members. Neither members nor moderators receive any greater access than a lurker.

poppachubby
02-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Yes Adam explained it, the company that owns this also own a few other review sites. Since this site is one of the slowest, less priority is given via their servers.

I get it all the time...

Finch Platte
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Yes Adam explained it, the company that owns this also own a few other review sites. Since this site is one of the slowest, less priority is given via their servers.

I get it all the time...

MtbREVIEW.com RoadbikeREVIEW.com OutdoorREVIEW.com
PhotographyREVIEW.com VideogameREVIEW.com ComputingREVIEW.com
AudioREVIEW.com CarREVIEW.com GolfREVIEW.com

And all of these have forums. In the case of MTBR, over a hundred forums, I think.

Busy, busy, busy.