Any reccos for vintage audio in Toronto? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Any reccos for vintage audio in Toronto?

cwood74
02-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Hey everyone. I'm looking for recommendations on places to get good vintage gear in Toronto. I have my sights set on a Marantz 2325 receiver or something comparable in a Sansui. I'm looking for speakers as well but I don't expect those to be too hard to hunt down. There appears to be some solid looking stuff on craigslist but I'd prefer to buy from a place that's serviced the gear and can vouch for it's performance. Thanks.

poppachubby
02-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Ring Audio, Queen St E.

cwood74
02-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks. I stopped by Ring Audio yesterday and saw quite a few decent looking pieces (Yamaha A760, CT410) for next to nothing. Then, I accidentally found a spot just around the corner from my place that's got a decent selection of stuff. Now I have almost too many choices. So, here I am....looking for some expert opinions.

Here's what the choices are:

1) Sansui G5700 or a G6700. Both look to be in decent shape. Each one is going for $100. I won't be able to listen to either so I have to take it on good faith that they actually work

2) A near mint Marantz 2245 with a wood sleeve for $400. I can audition it but the price seems a bit steep.

I know this isn't really an apples to apples comparison since the Sansuis are both quads but is that really going to be a problem? Many thanks!!