The storm comes, or is it just another shower? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The storm comes, or is it just another shower?

Stone
03-30-2004, 10:44 AM
Damn, The Chameleons are good.

I spun Strange Times for the first time in a few years and ended up listening to most of it twice, and I listened to "Swamp Thing" probably 5 times - what a fantastic song and every bit as good as I remember it being when the album came out. I still think Script of the Bridge is their best, but all of the first three albums are top notch stuff.

Any thoughts on The Chameleons or other albums you spun recently for the first time in quite a while?

Ex Lion Tamer
03-30-2004, 11:10 AM
As much as I like Script of the Bridge, I think I like Strange Times a little better. Seems to have slightly stronger tunes from beginning to end, (though Don't Fall is probably my favorite of both albums). It's the one I'm more likely to pull out if I'm in need of a fix today.

Did you hear their "Strip" album, from 2000, accoustic versions of some of their early "hits". "Soul In Isolation" sounds great as does "Pleasure and Pain". I have it on a vinyl picture disc, unfortunately it is quite noisy, enough to interfere with my enjoyment of the album.

I had a similar experience with The Jam's "Sound Affects" which I hadn't listened to in a number of years. It had become the lost Jam album for me, I always listened to one of "All Mod Cons", "In The City" or "Setting Sons" when I wanted a Jam fix. But pulling out SA reminded me how good it is along side the other three.

Mark

Stone
04-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Did you hear their "Strip" album, from 2000, accoustic versions of some of their early "hits". "Soul In Isolation" sounds great as does "Pleasure and Pain". I have it on a vinyl picture disc, unfortunately it is quite noisy, enough to interfere with my enjoyment of the album.

Mark

No, I've never heard it. Do you think it's worth picking up (probably on CD)?

I mentioned For Against in the overlooked classics thread. Have you heard these guys? They weren't very well known, and were from Lincoln, Nebraska. Their first couple albums are really really good and are long OOP. If you're interested in hearing some of their stuff, lemme know.

Ex Lion Tamer
04-05-2004, 05:00 AM
No, I've never heard it. Do you think it's worth picking up (probably on CD)?

Only for the real die-hard fan. I'm not a casual Chameleons fan, probably listened to it 5 or 6 times when I first got it and not really much after that...not tat I didn't enjoy it, just nothing real special.

I mentioned For Against in the overlooked classics thread. Have you heard these guys? They weren't very well known, and were from Lincoln, Nebraska. Their first couple albums are really really good and are long OOP. If you're interested in hearing some of their stuff, lemme know

Sure, I'd love to try an overlooked classic.

So???? Are the Wings gonna win the cup? I think I like Dallas this year.