new turntable [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : new turntable

ryanianmckinnon
02-02-2010, 07:29 PM
so today i picked up a lcc electronics turntable, i dont know anything about it and i cant find any pics about it but the model number is lc-801 fg servo and its got a audio technica cartridge on it and it came with a shure cartridge and the serial number on it is m91ed and i dont know anything about it but it sounds good but i think im gonna try the shure cartridge on it once i figure out how to make it work cause im still kinda figuring it out but i hope i get some feedback or help with it thanx

poppachubby
02-02-2010, 08:34 PM
ryan, that was the longest sentence ever!! Dude, take a photo of it so we can check it out...

ryanianmckinnon
02-02-2010, 08:48 PM
yeah sorry i got to put in some periods. but i will try soon my comp isnt working right now and i already made a noob mistake on it , i was trying to change the cartridge and i broke one of the four wires im so mad i dont know how long im gonna have to wait till i get it fixed. i know thats such a noob mistake but im still learning and i kinda used force and not finess so this is what i ended up doing.

JoeE SP9
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
I suspect that most of us have snapped a stylus at least once. Be glad they're moving magnet cartridges. With moving coil "carts" the stylus assembly is not user replaceable.

ryanianmckinnon
02-03-2010, 09:32 PM
yeah well i just need one of the wires to get reconnected so i gotta take it in to a local place that fixes TT's and see how much its gonna cost