Anyone heard of Blues BCS 62? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of Blues BCS 62?

zkorsgaard
01-31-2010, 09:44 PM
Any info on these speakers would be appreciated, thanks Zak.

JoeE SP9
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Never heard of them. What did a Google search turn up?

Welcome to AR.

zkorsgaard
02-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Google came up with nothing, I did find this forum thread though... "These were built by a company owned by Don Mitchell. Don was one of the founders of Stillwater Designs Kicker...Blues speakers went out of business many years ago, the plant located across the street from Kicker in Stillwater, Oklahoma, was bought by MTX and then closed down. The Blues brand name was sold a few times and ultimately ended up being owned by Audiovox when they bought out the remnants of Recoton. Don is now in the garage cabinet business."

Heres the url: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-450605.html

dakatabg
02-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Those are car speakers and I have never heard of them! Must be something cheap! Are you in process of buying them or you own them?

gotsqtoo
04-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Google came up with nothing, I did find this forum thread though... "These were built by a company owned by Don Mitchell. Don was one of the founders of Stillwater Designs Kicker...Blues speakers went out of business many years ago, the plant located across the street from Kicker in Stillwater, Oklahoma, was bought by MTX and then closed down. The Blues brand name was sold a few times and ultimately ended up being owned by Audiovox when they bought out the remnants of Recoton. Don is now in the garage cabinet business."

Heres the url: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-450605.html

That is correct. The same company that made Blues car audio made these home speakers. I am actually a big fan of them. If they are in good shape and you are willing to sell them, I would be interested in purchasing them for a decent price. Please let me know. Thanks!

blackraven
04-10-2010, 05:04 PM
I went to college at OSU in stillwater from 1976-80 and remember Kicker and its store.

KET66
04-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I am new to the site, but immediately saw the reference to the "Blues" speakers. Don is a friend of mine and those speakers are a real collectors item. I would love to get hold of a pair... of any model. As time goes on, I think you they will find a dedicated following.

notaclue
05-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Quote: MF
Blues Loudspeakers were originally formed by Don Mitchell who was one of the original founders of Stillwater Designs(Kicker) in Stillwater OK (The building housing Richmond-Hill Company, parent co of Blues, was located across the street from Kicker at the time which is what caused the confusion that Stillwater Designs also owned Blues). Don parted ways with Kicker because he wanted a better sound quality speaker and felt kicker was moving away from that goal. Later Jerry Hubbard (Altec Lansing) and Chris Underwood (Stillwater Designs) joined him to build a high quality no frills speaker to compete in the market place of (at the time) high dollar speakers. Ray Rayfield (Stillwater Designs Linear Power Blues) also left Kicker and brought his knowledge of car audio competition and engineering of speakers and amps (designed the original stitched Kicker Subs and Separates and worked one on one with Jerry M and Ruth Werbac at Linear Power) to the table. They were in business from 1989 till 1995ish when Soundquest bought the rights to Blues.
Now Blues/Linear Power is one company(presently in Mississippi) owned by Ray Rayfield. In keeping with the original idea behind the Blues name (more with less) Ray (with help from countless friends) has developed a speaker that hits incredible lows and reproduces unbelievable vocal mids from the same speaker.

The new Blues website is http://www.bluescaraudio.com
Still getting things up and running but worth a look. Be sure to check out the News page.

amarmistry
05-10-2010, 12:24 PM
Isn't Blue is one of the model by Audes? I remember seeing them at one dealer in NJ. I did not hearing them but they for sure were built solid and had beautiful laquer finish. Audioreview has reviews on Audes Blues.

joshrainwater
04-13-2015, 02:13 PM
Quote: MF
Blues Loudspeakers were originally formed by Don Mitchell who was one of the original founders of Stillwater Designs(Kicker) in Stillwater OK (The building housing Richmond-Hill Company, parent co of Blues, was located across the street from Kicker at the time which is what caused the confusion that Stillwater Designs also owned Blues). Don parted ways with Kicker because he wanted a better sound quality speaker and felt kicker was moving away from that goal. Later Jerry Hubbard (Altec Lansing) and Chris Underwood (Stillwater Designs) joined him to build a high quality no frills speaker to compete in the market place of (at the time) high dollar speakers. Ray Rayfield (Stillwater Designs Linear Power Blues) also left Kicker and brought his knowledge of car audio competition and engineering of speakers and amps (designed the original stitched Kicker Subs and Separates and worked one on one with Jerry M and Ruth Werbac at Linear Power) to the table. They were in business from 1989 till 1995ish when Soundquest bought the rights to Blues.
Now Blues/Linear Power is one company(presently in Mississippi) owned by Ray Rayfield. In keeping with the original idea behind the Blues name (more with less) Ray (with help from countless friends) has developed a speaker that hits incredible lows and reproduces unbelievable vocal mids from the same speaker.

The new Blues website is Blues Car Audio (http://www.bluescaraudio.com)
Still getting things up and running but worth a look. Be sure to check out the News page.

Okay, I went to school in Stillwater and out a Blues box with an 8" on the bottom and two 10" inside. I've never had the power to actually push this box, so I just never have used it. I know very little about it. I don't even have a model number. Any help would be much appreciated!!