Yamaha Rx-v2065bl [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Rx-v2065bl

mjames4208
01-30-2010, 08:58 AM
does anyone have any info on YAMAHA'S RX-V2065BL A/V Receiver?
i was looking to purchase one, but i can't find any reviews.

harley .guy07
01-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I looked around the net and I could not find any magazine or online publication reveiws but I did find a few customer reviews from people who bought one from amazon and other sites and it gets mixed reviews, pretty good but not great. I used to sell yamaha in the 90's and they were a very good quality unit for the money back then and I have a Yamaha receiver that I use for a preamp from around 2001 that is pretty good but it has seemed that Yamaha's quality and overall features and following has fallen off in the last few years. I see more people going with Marrantz,Onkyo,Integra,Pioneer Elite,Rotel, and Arcam over Yamaha in fact a lot of people that were Yamaha devotees in the 90's are not using them now. I am not saying that Yamaha is junk or anything I just think that they are spending to much time worrying about their best buy models and not their higher end models. Its the same type of thing Sansui did in the 80's and plenty of other companies have done in the past. And you see how popular Sansui is now. The only thing that keeps their name coming up around here is the vintage models that people are still using because they did make very good products in the 70's. I would try to read some of the customer reviews at sites that sell the unit and see what is said and go from there. I do know that there are quite a few people on here that say the Onky and marrantz are a smoother sounding unit than the newer Yamaha's are but this is just an opinion and not fact.

dakatabg
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
It was made 2009 and it is rated 130W per channel

Nice looking 7.2 surround receiver!!!

It cost 1K so for the money it better be good!