Hello Audio Review! Im new!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello Audio Review! Im new!!!

jOesavesbeEs
01-30-2010, 06:19 AM
My name is Joe and I love to listen to music. My setup is modest, but currently serves me well! Wish you all a fantastic weekend!

audio amateur
01-30-2010, 06:22 AM
Hi Joe, welcome to AR!
Perhaps you can list your equipment? We always like to know:)
Stay around for a bit!

jOesavesbeEs
01-30-2010, 06:25 AM
Any way to auto set it?

Equipment List:
Primary system
Preamp : Rotel RC-1082
Amp : Rotel RB-1050
Speakers : Kef Coda 70
CD : Rotel RCD-1072

Secondary system
Amp : Rotel RA-2030 (1976)
Speakers : JBL S-38
CD : Rotel RCD-1072

Headphones : Ultrasone HFI-700

Standby amps, Marantz PM-7000, Rotel RX-2001

Doc Sage
01-30-2010, 06:57 AM
Welcone aboard, Joe. Nice rig.

What music do you listen to? How have you got into this hobby? Do you share this passion with a friend or...? Do you get to listen to live music much?

Over the holidays, I got to spend a weekend in the big city, Vancouver. Needless to say that I took time to visit a bigger music store and bought a few CD's. I picked up one I used to own in the early 80's, "My life in the Bush of Ghosts" by Brian Eno and David Byrne. It was way ahead of its time intoducing sampling to the world, Well, it has not aged much, still a great joy to listen to.

Doc Sage

audio amateur
01-30-2010, 07:58 AM
Any way to auto set it?

You can have it in your 'signature', that is it will show up at the end of each post you write. But you can also simply write in in your profile. :)

jOesavesbeEs
01-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Hello Doc Sage! Thanx for the compliment! I mostly listen to classic rock, alternative rock, and, occasionally, some late 80s to mid 90s punk rock (from my youth years!) but I'll listen to just about anything, as long as it's good.

As far as my audio hobby, it started when I turned 18 (1996) and bought my first mini-system. I still remember the specs too!! Aiwa NSX V-20 (16 watts/channel 63hz-16Khz with no more than 1%THD) and that was the beginning of the end! Since then, I've owned (2) Technics, (4) Kenwoods, (1) NAD, (2) Marantz, and now I found my love! Rotel. A lot of speakers too... including Bose. Owned the 201s, and 301s. No longer a fan of Bose after I bought my JBL S-38s. The JBL had been my love until last year when I discovered KEF. Now I'm all confused again!

I'm pretty much solo in my life when it comes to audio. Most people seem to be content with sound that is sub-par, like laptop speakers. But, what can we do??? =P

And yes, I try to go to at least 4 live shows a year. They are the best!!!!!

jOesavesbeEs
01-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Audio Amateur!!! Thanx! My signature is now realized! By the way, how is the Fubar II DAC? I've been wanting to get one, but I'm unsure on its improvement over the DAC in my G5

:2:

poppachubby
01-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Yo Joe!

JoeE SP9
01-30-2010, 06:28 PM
Greetings Joe, from another Joe.

jOesavesbeEs
01-30-2010, 06:45 PM
-Poppachubby! You rock out old school style!!! I love it!

-Joe!! You also have one heck of a rig. =D I hope everyone is enjoying their audio this weekend!

dakatabg
01-30-2010, 11:05 PM
the older the better jOesavesbeEs

poppachubby
01-31-2010, 07:03 AM
-Poppachubby! You rock out old school style!!! I love it!

-Joe!! You also have one heck of a rig. =D I hope everyone is enjoying their audio this weekend!

I enjoy it everyday homeboy. You like the British gear. I have been researching Thorens and CR Development. I have a line on an amazing phono stage made by CR. Apparently, the owner must be addicted to hard drugs and has decided to let a mint unit go for a song.

You have opinions on either of these fine manufacturers?

http://www.crdevelopments.com/themism.gif

rakeford
01-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Welcome jOesavesbeEs (http://forums.audioreview.com/member.php?u=286738)<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_315147", true); </SCRIPT> .

I just got back in audio myself. My new Yamaha RX-797 really make my Klipsch RF-7s rock!

jOesavesbeEs
01-31-2010, 08:51 AM
The only thing I know about Thorens is that they made some very attractive turntables, but I have yet to sit down and listen to one. As far as CR, don't they make tube amps? Not much knowledge with them either. I do like the British gear, slightly laid back with plenty of detail. Once I heard the mid-range, I was a believer.

Good luck getting a killer deal on that phono stage! His loss your gain!!!

jOesavesbeEs
01-31-2010, 08:56 AM
Yamaha makes some good receivers. My sister has an older Yamaha from the late 90s and that thing even makes her Bose 301s sound halfway decent!!! I could only imagine how much rockin' you're getting paired up with Klipsch.