casual soundguy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : casual soundguy

mgblarry
01-30-2010, 04:25 AM
Looking forward to learning and sharing. I am one of the sound technicians, amateur, at our church and an old audiophile.

IRG
01-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Hola,
I just got back into this hobby after about a 5 year break (spent all my time and money buying and playing on guitar equipment). So I just put together a really modest 2 channel system, with a total cost of about a mid range pair of interconnects, lol. But it sounds really good. I got great advice from the guys here, and I put it to good use. There's a separate thread that I stated about it here. I'll post some finished pics of it soon. I'm actually going to spend more time (and a little money) on room treatments next.

But it's a fun hobby, easy to obsess over too, which I'm not trying to do this time. I think some enjoy the equipment more than the music - I did in the past, trying to keep it in balance this time. Anyways, welcome - what are your audio goals?

poppachubby
01-30-2010, 05:26 AM
Welcome to AR!! How about a list of your equipment??

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Looking forward to learning and sharing. I am one of the sound technicians, amateur, at our church and an old audiophile.

Ahhh, Church sound, one of my favorite things to do on a Sunday morning. I am a the Minister of Audio and Visual at my church, and it is a huge deal there. Do your work with excellence is our motto.

Welcome to the board!

JoeE SP9
01-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Welcome, we can always use more cases of "Audiophilia Nervosa".