Denon POA-2200 I got it... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon POA-2200 I got it...

dvjorge
01-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Hello everyone,

Finally, I got it from the GoodWill ($20.00) I hooked up it with the Studio 100 and the Yamaha preamp. I only got more power but the sound didn't improve. The Yamaha alone sounds more melodic and musical. Denon has a different sound. I believe the Studios are asking for something better. Anyway, this is an easy sell. I have owned several Denon receivers, one Onkyo, one Pioneer elite, and two Yamaha. Overall, Yamaha is my wineer so far.
P/S I couldn't connect it with my DH lab cables because it doesn't bring banana jacks. I am going to bring a B&K to see what happen.

02audionoob
01-28-2010, 07:31 PM
I believe the Studios are asking for something better.

Maybe they're saying, "Pssst...hey, dvjorge...what's a brutha gotta do to get a GFA-555 around here?"

dakatabg
01-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Nice amp man, hope you enjoy it! You got good speakers?

blackraven
01-29-2010, 05:50 PM
I think you will like the B&K sound and it will probably be a good match with the Studio's,

nightflier
01-29-2010, 06:04 PM
What B&K amp will you be getting? I used to own the Ref. 4420. Wonderfully underrated amp, IMO. It was warm and powerful and matched very well with brighter sounding gear. B&K amps sell for very little on the used market, and frankly I think that is undeserved. I hope you have an equally satisfying experience with yours.