Need help choosing next buy...... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing next buy......

wileecoyote
03-29-2004, 10:31 PM
I`ve been trying to build the system I want, more music but also movies. So far I have a yamaha RX-V2300 and cerwin vega E-715 fronts. Sometimes I like to crank it up really feel bass, the obnoxious kind, other times I`d like to just watch a movie with awsome HT. I have about 550 or 600 to spend--- should I be looking at vega rears to match fronts and a seperate sub or maybe an HT package w/sub ? I can get vega rears for 160 pr. with money left for a sub. With a package I could get all my surrounds plus center but for the money would I even notice the sub with the bass the e-715s put out?

nusiclover
03-29-2004, 11:48 PM
probably getting a good center that Matches your fronts would be the best next move. Then add the surrounds. Or , getting the surrounds later, if you must have that bassy feeling now, get the sub after the center. I think that you should look at Hsu or Svs. Both online-very-good-for-the-mula subs.

nusiclover
03-29-2004, 11:52 PM
btw, forget the HT package. All you will get is 5 bad speakers and one bad sub. Go with matching your CV. Start slow if you dont have the $$ now. You can always build up but if you get a HT-package you will surely feel like you have to start all over again in a few months. Your av receiver is decent enough that you shoukd consider getting CV all around. Also, spend a few hundred bucks on the sub since you like your bass.
i suggest the center as your next move since in surround modes (5.1/dts/etc) about 85-90% of the sound is focused on the center channel.

Bryan
03-30-2004, 05:41 AM
Looks like the matching center will be the E-76C. Should be able to pick up both that and a HSU VTF-2 for just over $600. (Note: Your ears may need to adjust to the clean bass the HSU will put out.)

omikey
03-30-2004, 05:47 AM
Given what you already have, it would be a H U G E MISTAKE to get a HTIB, don't do it !! You've got an excellent base from which you can build your HT system and you'll be FAR MORE happy by taking the time and buy it as you can rather than a HTIB.

I agree, I think you should get a center that will match up with your CV .... see if CV makes or has a center that will compliment your mains .... especially if your next move is to get that HT experience. As posted, most of the audio in HT is through the center channel.

Following that, since you really like bass, I would invest in a sub. For HT you really need that sub for the LFE of bombs and explosion effects. YES, even with your CV you will notice the added effect of the sub.

Lastly I would find a pair of surrounds to finish the system with.

Good luck !

wileecoyote
03-30-2004, 11:23 AM
Thanks alot, I think you guys have kept me from wasting money on a speaker package that I would be disappointed in. I started out to buy my system one piece at a time but get impatient. I will probly keep buying to match the cv mains and go with one of the subs i`ve seen talked about on this site later.