B&W Zeppelin??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : B&W Zeppelin???

deaconblues06
01-28-2010, 02:35 PM
I am seriously considering buying a Zeppelin for my bedroom audio... has anybody heard one and does anyone have any thoughts on this product? Thanks in advance for your input!!!

dakatabg
01-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Never heard them

Hyfi
01-29-2010, 04:46 AM
I hear one at Harrods in London and was really impressed. I did not know where the music was coming from until the sales guy pointed it out. It was rocking a rather large display room with no trouble and good bass.

I sure would go with this one over any Bose item.

deaconblues06
02-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Ok, so I pulled the trigger and....................
I'm amazed at how good this thing sounds!!! And secondly, it looks great! Even my wife thinks it sounds AND looks great. Admittedly, I was skeptical, thinking "how good can an Ipod speaker sound?" I was truly shocked by how full and effortless the sound is. Naturally, you can't get much stereo separation because it's a one-piece unit, but otherwise, I am truly floored by the sound. And I love the remote, simple and comfy in the hand. If anybody has any questions or thougnts, speak up!!!

Hyfi
02-05-2010, 05:41 AM
Ok, so I pulled the trigger and....................
I'm amazed at how good this thing sounds!!! And secondly, it looks great! Even my wife thinks it sounds AND looks great. Admittedly, I was skeptical, thinking "how good can an Ipod speaker sound?" I was truly shocked by how full and effortless the sound is. Naturally, you can't get much stereo separation because it's a one-piece unit, but otherwise, I am truly floored by the sound. And I love the remote, simple and comfy in the hand. If anybody has any questions or thougnts, speak up!!!

Cool Beans! I told ya it was amazing for what it is. It eats Bose Waves for breakfast.

nightflier
02-05-2010, 11:17 AM
What did you pay for it?

deaconblues06
02-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I talked my local B&W dealer (I've been dealing with Audio Warehouse here in Savannah, GA for about five years) into $600 even (cash). I'm still very happy with my purchase, I'm still very impressed every time I turn it on.

And yes, it does eat Bose Waves for breakfast...

eisforelectronic
02-08-2010, 08:54 PM
best sounding dock I've heard

nightflier
02-09-2010, 11:22 AM
$600 is the going rate, but compared to Bose, well, there is no comparison. Congrats.