MyVolume Leveling Adaptor? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : MyVolume Leveling Adaptor?

bright.green
01-28-2010, 12:44 PM
I work nights which makes my after work wind down time around 6 in the morning, and I like to watch TV. I have a wireless headphone system currently that my boyfriend gave me cleverly disguised as a birthday present, and I hate it. I understand that he wants to sleep in the morning boo hoo, but I don't want to wear headphones.

My question is, are there other solutions out there for me? Like a more focused sound system that won't travel through walls or something? Google gave me some suggestions for a MyVolume level adapter which seems to be for leveling television commercials, but if it levels the volume it should help with my problem too right? Any suggestions would be appreicated as all get out, and I'm prepared to financially back my absolutely FERVENT desire to never wear headphones again.. Ever... Thank you.

poppachubby
01-28-2010, 12:51 PM
That level adaptor is for keeping the volume level at a constant level. Commercials have compressed audio which means virtually no dynamic range. What the hell is he talking about you ask?

You know when a commercial comes on after you've fallen asleep on the couch and wakes you like a bomb siren? That's what I'm talking about.

I hate to say it but the headphones seem like a reasonable idea. I work 3 as well and wear headphones when needed...

Hyfi
01-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Hey, not sure what your budget is, or what wireless cans you have, but did you ever consider a nice Headphone amp and a good set of cans? does it need to be mobile or just lower volume while in use?

blackraven
01-28-2010, 04:47 PM
I would trade your boyfriend in for a new model! Seriously though, I work seven different shifts and we run a floor fan for the white noise it generates to help drown out any daytime noise so that I can sleep during the day when I'm working nights. Combine the fan with turning down the TV some and you may have a solution. Otherwise get a headphone amp and a good set of headphones. Another option would be a pair of wireless powered speakers that you could set by your chair or couch.

rob_a
01-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Maybe a set on computer speakers might work. You can put them close to you and then control the volume a little better.

But I will say the headphones are probably the best for the situation. Maybe a different pair that will have more comfort for your head. :2: