Need some advice [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

cvarley
01-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Hi, I'm completely new to anything audio-related. And I'm in need of some help :)

I have £200 or so and I'm looking to buy some good quality speakers. I currently have crappy £15 Logitech ones and they seem quite poor. As I'm always listening to music it'd be nice to have some good quality speakers. Would it be sensible to buy just some pc speakers or buy some kind of a sound system? I usually play music through itunes but I have an iPod Touch as well. The speakers would be for my room and would play things ranging from the Prodigy, to MGMT, to Metallica, to Jimi Hendrix - so a large range of genres. I don't necessarily need to spend all £200 so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you think some headphones are sensible let me know. Recommendations are very welcome.

Bare in mind I'm looking into going into music production. Music Tech and all that, potentially recording guitar and singing in the foreseeable future. Any advice on kit in regard to that would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance ;)

cvarley
01-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Thus far I've found these, any thoughts on them?

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileBX5aDeluxe.html

Mr Peabody
01-27-2010, 08:22 PM
I can vouch for the excellence of Audio Engines powered speakers. I have not heard M-Audio but the buzz on them is good.

rob_a
01-28-2010, 05:13 PM
KRK makes good speakers, m-audio are good.

dakatabg
01-29-2010, 12:36 AM
I just check the KRK and the M-Audio speakers on ebay!

To be honest I have never heard this brand and I don't know how they will sound but for the money they go you can do a lot better!