My apologies for being LOST, but now I'm found. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My apologies for being LOST, but now I'm found.

Pages : [1] 2

Kam
01-27-2010, 08:47 AM
Howdy gang!! I've missed you all and my apologies for being absent for so long on the boards here. I have a lot of catching up to do! Life, work, and the dream have really gotten overwhelming (in a good way) and it's been a very crazy time with me and I can't even remember where I left off, but just want to say keep sending the good karma because I may have exciting news soon! :)

And, of course, I had to return before the start of Lost to get things going before GM steals another Lost thread title! :D

kexodusc
01-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Hey Kamster, good to see ya!

Hope you're doing well...so what's the exciting news? You playing a used car salesman in Transformers 3?

Kam
01-27-2010, 08:51 AM
Hey Kamster, good to see ya!

Hope you're doing well...so what's the exciting news? You playing a used car salesman in Transformers 3?

dont' want to jinx it just yet, but nothing that big, and i don't want to move to michigan. LA lost out to Detroit for Transformers 3!

ForeverAutumn
01-27-2010, 09:04 AM
KAMSTER! I've been thinking about you this week and wondering if you'd show up in time for Groundhog/Lost day. Great to see you and I'm sending all my good Karma your way my friend.

So, with all the timeshifting going on...do you think that it's just coincidence that Lost starts up again on Groundhog Day? Or is it a well planned conspiracy? :D

Just to get y'all warmed up...here's a funny little read for you.

Lost: How to make a sandwich. (http://www.examiner.com/x-18971-LOST-Examiner~y2009m12d31-LOST-characters-explain-how-to-make-a-sandwich)

Kam
01-27-2010, 09:15 AM
KAMSTER! I've been thinking about you this week and wondering if you'd show up in time for Groundhog/Lost day. Great to see you and I'm sending all my good Karma your way my friend.

So, with all the timeshifting going on...do you think that it's just coincidence that Lost starts up again on Groundhog Day? Or is it a well planned conspiracy? :D

Just to get y'all warmed up...here's a funny little read for you.

Lost: How to make a sandwich. (http://www.examiner.com/x-18971-LOST-Examiner~y2009m12d31-LOST-characters-explain-how-to-make-a-sandwich)

That link is awesome!
'Call the sandwich "brother"' Love it!

And it's all a conspiracy. 2/2/2010.
2+2 = 4
10-2+(2x2x0)=8
20-2-2-1-0 = 15
2+2+2+0+10 = 16
20+1+2+(2x0) = 23
(2x2)x10+2+0=42

I mean geez, could they be any more obvious?? srsly.

ForeverAutumn
01-27-2010, 09:30 AM
And it's all a conspiracy. 2/2/2010.
2+2 = 4
10-2+(2x2x0)=8
20-2-2-1-0 = 15
2+2+2+0+10 = 16
20+1+2+(2x0) = 23
(2x2)x10+2+0=42

I mean geez, could they be any more obvious?? srsly.

:yikes:

Kam
01-27-2010, 09:44 AM
:yikes:

what? im not crazy, everyone saw the Numbers in there. because they're everywhere... everywhere i tell you... m'yeah shee, m'yeah! the Numbers i tells ya, m'yeah!!

:D hehehe :D

Kam
02-01-2010, 06:45 AM
8PM: Final Chapter
A chapter in the crash of Oceanic flight 815 on the mysterious island spotlights
inhabitants, questions that have been answered, and those that remain a mystery.

9PM: LA X (Parts 1 and 2)
The aftermath from the detonation of the hydrogen bomb is revealed.

awwwwww yeah! so i'm a fanboy, but the trailers on the abc site gave me chills! woo!

ForeverAutumn
02-01-2010, 08:21 AM
I have to watch the S5 season finale tonight. And that Final Chapter show was on in Canada last night. I recorded it. I'm not sure though whether I'll have time to watch it before tomorrow night anyway.

GMichael
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Hey Kam,

Great to see you, again. What's up in good ol' NYC these days?

LOST starts tomorrow huh? I better make sure that my DVR is ready.

ForeverAutumn
02-01-2010, 06:00 PM
How come there are never any old people on the island. I can understand there not being any old Dharma people since they're working and they would leave the island at some point. But there are no old Others. I'm watching the S5 finale and in the whole group of people that John is leading to see Jacob no one looks over 30.

kexodusc
02-02-2010, 04:53 AM
How come there are never any old people on the island. I can understand there not being any old Dharma people since they're working and they would leave the island at some point. But there are no old Others. I'm watching the S5 finale and in the whole group of people that John is leading to see Jacob no one looks over 30.
Methinks they all don't age kinda like Richard...though some are pretty old.

Then again, look at all the nasty stuff going on there...seems every week there's 4 or 5 people dying, life expectancy in Dharmaville is probably 42 years old!

Worf101
02-02-2010, 06:22 AM
(Mumbles to himself as he looks for the popcorn and a pound of butter)

"Tonight... tonight... Won't be just any night..."

(Stumbles into the living room as bright lights begin to flash, blood dribbles from his nose as the space time continum rips. Draggin himself off the floor he rushes in to check his computer... It reads June 5, 2009!)

"Arrrrgh!!!!"

Welcome back Kam, we missed ya.

Worf

ForeverAutumn
02-02-2010, 06:25 AM
(Mumbles to himself as he looks for the popcorn and a pound of butter)

"Tonight... tonight... Won't be just any night..."

(Stumbles into the living room as bright lights begin to flash, blood dribbles from his nose as the space time continum rips. Draggin himself off the floor he rushes in to check his computer... It reads June 5, 2009!)

"Arrrrgh!!!!"

OMG Worf! You just crack me up. It's a good thing that I haven't had a chance to get my morning coffee yet 'cause you know I'd be mopping it up from my keyboard and screen right now. :lol:

GMichael
02-02-2010, 06:47 AM

Smokey has to eat SOMETHING.

ForeverAutumn
02-02-2010, 09:17 AM
What questions do you want to have answered by the end of this season? Here are a few of mine just to get things started.

Where are the children that they took from the Tailies in S2?

How does Walt fit into all of this? We know he's special, but how and why?

What are the whispers? And why did Ben tell young Rouseau (when he stole her baby) to run away whenever she hears them?

What the heck is Smokey anyway...and why did he kill Mr. Ecko (one of my favourite characters)?

Let's hear your lists.

ForeverAutumn
02-02-2010, 09:23 AM
Smokey has to eat SOMETHING.

LOL. I posted this question at another site and someone answered, "Soylent Green". :biggrin5:

Kam
02-02-2010, 10:23 AM
What questions do you want to have answered by the end of this season? Here are a few of mine just to get things started.

Where are the children that they took from the Tailies in S2?

How does Walt fit into all of this? We know he's special, but how and why?

What are the whispers? And why did Ben tell young Rouseau (when he stole her baby) to run away whenever she hears them?

What the heck is Smokey anyway...and why did he kill Mr. Ecko (one of my favourite characters)?

Let's hear your lists.

in addition to those:
the real meaning behind the Numbers.

the skeleton adam/eve they found back in season 1, who's bones are they?

why do hurley (and others) see people who have died on the island over and over again, even off the island?

what the heck was Mulholland Drive about?

and they better answer all of 'em!!

GMichael
02-02-2010, 10:44 AM
in addition to those:
the real meaning behind the Numbers.

the skeleton adam/eve they found back in season 1, who's bones are they?

why do hurley (and others) see people who have died on the island over and over again, even off the island?

what the heck was Mulholland Drive about?

and they better answer all of 'em!!

This season is just going to introduce more and more questions. If you want answers, you'll have to wait for the movie to come out.

Buwahahahahahahahahahahaha..............

ForeverAutumn
02-02-2010, 05:54 PM
Here We Go!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kam
02-02-2010, 08:00 PM
well... at least we know who Smokey is now... kinda.

:D

That's one answer!! sorta.

kexodusc
02-03-2010, 04:26 AM
well... at least we know who Smokey is now... kinda.

That's one answer!! sorta.
I think we learned where all the kids and captured losties went, too (Temple).

GMichael
02-03-2010, 05:55 AM
It worked!

Well, at least in one reality.

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 06:40 AM
I think that the writers have just taken Confusion to a new level.

So, for the stewardess/other...how long has it been since the plane crash? Is it three years for them too?

Kam
02-03-2010, 06:47 AM
I think that the writers have just taken Confusion to a new level.

So, for the stewardess/other...how long has it been since the plane crash? Is it three years for them too?

Are the Temple folk different from The Others? I thought back in S1/2, they had lists with the kids' names and the 'good people' to take, but it seems it was the Temple folk that took them, not the Others. Since the Stewardess is with this new group with Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon enigmatic leader man.

Also more Egyptian symbolism; 4-toed Anubis and now the ankh. 14 episodes to go!!

They had a nice special on Nightline after the show where they went behind the scenes of Lost and showed the prop room, probably the most meticulously cared for prop room ever, where every prop handled by any character is kept! That's gonna make one heckuva auction!

Kam
02-03-2010, 06:51 AM
WAAAY early season finale prediction:

It's a never ending loop ala what Jacob said; "It only ends once, everything else is just progress."

The Losties in the alternate timeline land at LA-X, but through fate/destiny/chance, ALL still find their way to the Island, and start all over again back at Season 1 in a neverending loop, joining both realities back together.

What's your WAAAY early prediction??

kexodusc
02-03-2010, 07:34 AM
I think the Temple folk are definitely Others...just following Jacob's rules as Ben and everyone did. They might be more in tune with Jacob like Richard is or whatever, so my guess is the children were brought to the Temple for a purpose.

Now...evil Locke/Smokey wants off the Island. Could the Island, or the job of the others be to keep him on it forever so he can't open the gates to hell or escape from Hell or something along those lines? (vaguely recalling some mention of Cerberus on the Blast Shield door map back in the hatch from Season 2).

GMichael
02-03-2010, 07:47 AM
I am going to smoosh Kex's and Kam's predictions together and say this. The Losties in the alternate timeline end up going back, but go way back in time and become the Temple folk. From there they run everything from behind the sceens. The last episode will be of Jack coming out to kill himself and take over his new life.

Kam
02-03-2010, 07:57 AM
It does tie in with Locke teaching Walt about backgammon... a light side, and a dark side...

If Smokey wants off the island, might be along the same lines as how he killed Jacob, he can't do it himself, but has to have someone else do it for him. Maybe he has to be 'released' from the island and someone has to release him?

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 08:30 AM
I don't have a theory yet on what's going to happen. But whatever does happen has to happen and Jacob knows it. He goaded Ben into killing him by responding to Ben's, "What about me? with "What about you?". This led me to believe that Ben is insignificant to Jacob. Jacob knows that he is just Smokey Locke's pawn. His loophole. I think he's always known it which is why he never let Ben see him.

Ben asks Smokey Locke why Jacob didn't fight back. Jacob knows what's going to happen and that he has to die. Just like Richard told Locke that he had to die.

I'm just rambling out random thoughts now. I'll stop.

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 08:40 AM
My favourite line from last night:

Locke (after whooping Bram and his associates asses as Smokey) to Ben: I'm sorry that you had to see me that way.

You know, when I rewatched S5 recently, I thought it was strange that when Ben went to the Temple to be judged and he fell through the floor into Smokey's cavern, Locke went off to find a rope to help him out and conveniently reappeared right after Smokey left. His timing was perfect. Now that we know that Locke is Smokey the whole thing makes sense. Why Smokey couldn't come when Ben summoned him (he was already there in the form of Locke); how Locke knew exactly where to find Smokey; Locke's timing in coming back from getting a rope; Alex's message to Ben to follow Locke.

It's like the movie The Sixth Sense, once you see the truth, you don't know how you could have missed it in the first place.

Kam
02-03-2010, 08:47 AM
i'm curious if Smokey can "hide" within Locke, because Miles didn't seem to be able to penetrate the disguise or know that the real Locke was dead.

Which means....

Were all the apparitions of the past really just Smokey? Walt included?

kexodusc
02-03-2010, 09:45 AM
i'm curious if Smokey can "hide" within Locke, because Miles didn't seem to be able to penetrate the disguise or know that the real Locke was dead.

Which means....

FA's comments made me think of that scene in S2 where Locke and Smokey have the stare down...

Wow....what is going on?

How many episodes left?

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 09:50 AM

Which means....

Ooooh! You bring up an interesting point. Miles and dead Locke haven't been together yet. Maybe Locke will speak to Miles at some point. I mean, there has to be some bigger reason for Miles to be on the island than what we've seen so far.

In addition, I think that there has be certain things in place for Miles to speak to dead people. I recall two occasions where he told people, "it doesn't work like that". The first was when he was asked by a dead kid's father whether his kid knew that the the father loved him. The kid had been cremated and his ashes scattered. He told the Dad that "it didn't work that way" and Miles couldn't talk to him (although he pretended to). And then when Sawyer asked Miles what Juliet wanted to tell him, Miles responded the same way (only this time it worked (pardon the pun :))).

So if the deceased doesn't want to speak to Miles, then maybe Miles can't hear them.

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 09:58 AM
FA's comments made me think of that scene in S2 where Locke and Smokey have the stare down...

Wow....what is going on?

Oh, oh, oh, YES! You're onto something Kex. I'm sure of it!

Locke was never scared of Smokey. Even when Smokey grabbed Locke by the leg and dragged him through the jungle, Locke was never scared...it was his destiny. And then Smokey released him. It was almost like they had an unspoken trust. I wonder if Smokey knew then that Locke was the body that he'd take over. And if Locke somehow knew that he and Smokey were kindred spirits (or something like that).

Here's another question...Remember when Danielle and her crew landed on the island and Smokey grabbed one of them and his arm tore off? Her boyfriend and the others went into the tunnel to get him. Obviously they didn't get him out because Kate found his skeleten. So, what happened when they went into the tunnel? Why didn't they come out with their friend?

Kam
02-03-2010, 10:09 AM
on a side note, i still find the nuttiest thing of all, that S1-4 happenned on the island in just THREE months!!! watching the recap episode, when Ben's voice over talks about them getting rescued after 90 days... i just thought... tarnataions... that's a LONG 90 days.

GMichael
02-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I know that I may have missed an episode or two, but when did it become safe to make a circle of what looked like gun powder on the floor to keep Smokey out? That one guy should have made his circle bigger. I liked how Smokey got him to move and then BAM! Gotcha.

Kam
02-03-2010, 10:11 AM
Oh, oh, oh, YES! You're onto something Kex. I'm sure of it!

Locke was never scared of Smokey. Even when Smokey grabbed Locke by the leg and dragged him through the jungle, Locke was never scared...it was his destiny. And then Smokey released him. It was almost like they had an unspoken trust. I wonder if Smokey knew then that Locke was the body that he'd take over. And if Locke somehow knew that he and Smokey were kindred spirits (or something like that).

Here's another question...Remember when Danielle and her crew landed on the island and Smokey grabbed one of them and his arm tore off? Her boyfriend and the others went into the tunnel to get him. Obviously they didn't get him out because Kate found his skeleten. So, what happened when they went into the tunnel? Why didn't they come out with their friend?

i thought they did later, wasn't she on the beach when they came back and she shot them thinking they were infected?

and i forgot that Miles hasn't been on that side of things yet, so hasn't even seen Locke's body.

AND... what's been great, was that Christian was never on the plane. So... who's empty casket was it? And didn't Faraday's crazy mom say they needed an avatar for Christian with Locke's body? But Christian wasn't on the plane?

GMichael
02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Is Sayid Smokey now?

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 11:50 AM
i thought they did later, wasn't she on the beach when they came back and she shot them thinking they were infected?

Her other friends went into the tunnel to get the guy that had been dragged in. Then must have come back out of the tunnel again. Danielle said that the Tunnel changed them and then shot them. But when they came out of the tunnel, they must have left the armless guy behind, otherwise, why would Kate have found him still in the tunnel?

As I'm typing this I'm wondering...does anyone think that there's a possible link between Danielle and Daniel? Of all the names that the writers could have chosen...

AND... what's been great, was that Christian was never on the plane. So... who's empty casket was it? And didn't Faraday's crazy mom say they needed an avatar for Christian with Locke's body? But Christian wasn't on the plane?

I interpreted that to mean that the airline did put Christian on the plane but when they landed he wasn't there anymore. The only reasonable explanation, from the Airline's perspective, for the coffin to not be there when they landed was that it was never put there in the first place. Maybe Christian's disappearance is what caused the turbulance. Just an unfounded speculation.

But here's an interesting fact. In the series pilot when Jack comments that his drink isn't very strong, the Flight Attendant gives him two bottles of booze. He puts one in his pocket and that's what he uses to clean his wound before Kate sews him up. In last night's episode, she only gives him one bottle. Why? Because the plane doesn't crash and he doesn't need that second bottle (my interpretation, not part of the fact). Spooky.

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Is Sayid Smokey now?

I think that Sayid might be Jacob.

Another theory of mine is that Sayid is going to be ****ed up. Remember that the Temple guy told Jack that there could be some "side effects".

And...when Richard took young shot Ben to the Temple to be cured, he warned Kate and Sawyer that it will change Ben and he will never be the same.

There also has to be some significance that the "pool isn't clear".

Something is amiss at Temple Hospital. Don't drink the dirty water. :nonod:

GMichael
02-03-2010, 11:58 AM

Another theory of mine is that Sayid is going to be ****ed up. Remember that the Temple guy told Jack that there could be some "side effects".

And...when Richard took young shot Ben to the Temple to be cured, he warned Kate and Sawyer that it will change Ben and he will never be the same.

He's going to be what?!

Kam
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM

ooooo... maybe since Jacob was insistent that Sayid be taken to the temple it's because he wanted to inhabit Sayid's body so Sayid/Jacob could kill Smokey? Since Ben was taken to the water/temple as a kid and ended up being the one to kill Jacob, maybe that water/rebirth thingy is part of the loophole to let Smokey/Jacob kill each other?

Kam
02-03-2010, 12:22 PM
and more fodder, interview on news10:

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?menuid=174#/Entertainment/%22Lost%22%20interviews%20with%20creators%20of%20h it%20show/53633298001/53402931001/64618305001

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 12:58 PM
ooooo... maybe since Jacob was insistent that Sayid be taken to the temple it's because he wanted to inhabit Sayid's body so Sayid/Jacob could kill Smokey? Since Ben was taken to the water/temple as a kid and ended up being the one to kill Jacob, maybe that water/rebirth thingy is part of the loophole to let Smokey/Jacob kill each other?

I have to rewatch the scenes that take place by the Temple Pool. It seems to me that when Sayid woke up, the water was clear. But I was so overloaded by then that I couldn't take it all in. If I'm right, maybe the dirt (blood?) that was in the water was Jacob's blood and it went into Sayid.

Can anyone confirm if I'm right and the pool was clear after Sayid was out of it?

Kam
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I have to rewatch the scenes that take place by the Temple Pool. It seems to me that when Sayid woke up, the water was clear. But I was so overloaded by then that I couldn't take it all in. If I'm right, maybe the dirt (blood?) that was in the water was Jacob's blood and it went into Sayid.

Can anyone confirm if I'm right and the pool was clear after Sayid was out of it?

ok so i wanna take credit for this one, but i hadn't noticed it, read it on my searches on the interwebs but here's a theory....

Smokey takes the form of the person, but Jacob can actually take over the person's body. So if it was Christian's body that was lost on the island, then that was Jacob who took over his actual body. But the others, were just forms of the person ala Smokey-Locke vs. dead body Locke.

And also, Sayid being carried out of the pool was in a 'crucific/Christ' pose... rebirth... etc etc.

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 01:27 PM
And also, Sayid being carried out of the pool was in a 'crucific/Christ' pose... rebirth... etc etc.

I actually noticed that. The Temple People lift him out and carry him on his back, feet first and he has his arms straight out to either side. It looked like they were carrying Christ on the crucifix. But I didn't connect it to Jacob at the time.

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 01:38 PM
So if it was Christian's body that was lost on the island, then that was Jacob who took over his actual body. But the others, were just forms of the person ala Smokey-Locke vs. dead body Locke.

I was discussing this with a co-worker at lunch and we thought the opposite was true. Christian was actually posessed by Smokey.

When Ilana, Bram, et al reach Jacob's cabin, the ring of ashes has been disturbed. Ilana goes into the cabin and finds the map that Jacob left with his whereabouts. It is very old. She comes out and says that he's been gone for a long time.

So, we think that when Ben and Locke first went to the cabin and things started flying at Ben that it was Smokey throwing things. It doesn't seem like a very Jacob thing to do. Then when Locke goes into the cabin, he sees someone who says "help me". Then later, Smokey inhabits Locke's body and Locke does (involuntarily) end up helping him kill Jacob. Smokey also wants help getting off the island. Perhaps the only way he can do that is to inhabit another body.

What apparitions have we seen and who saw them?

Claire, Jack and Locke saw Christian. Who saw Walt and under what circumstances. Walt was still alive. I'm trying to figure out if the Walt apparitions could also have been Smokey or does it make more sense for them to have been Jacob?

Kam
02-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Apparatitions/Body Doubles/Ghosts/Avatars

Locke - Smokey/Locke
Walt (still alive, seen by Shannon)
Charlie (seen by Hugo)
Boone (seen by Locke, or was that while Boone was alive, Locke saw him dead?)
Christian (seen by Locke, Jack, Claire)
Yemmi (seen by Ecko)
Libby (i thought she was seen as an apparition, but i may be wrong)

ForeverAutumn
02-03-2010, 05:51 PM
I have to rewatch the scenes that take place by the Temple Pool. It seems to me that when Sayid woke up, the water was clear.

I was mistaken. They don't even show the water when Sayid wakes up.

But that would have been cool!

Worf101
02-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Well, I finally watched the re-cap and season opener of "Lost" last night here are my comments/responses/observations.

1. This parallel universe/concurrent timeline chit sucks. This premise was old when Star Trek did it. I thought they'd come up with something more "original".

2. Jacob and Smokey - Yin and Yang? Order and Chaos? God and Satan? Pretty obvious if you ask me, and it's gotta be more complicated than that. With Locke saying he wants to go home it kinda reminds me of the fallen angel wanting to return to heaven. Or Smokey/Locke is cerebus a demon and Jacob was a guardian meant to keep him in the underworld. If Smokeylockes gets out, the gods or the world is gonna pay.

3. Jacob IS now in Sayid's body and the pool did look clean once more.

4. Haven't seen that fierce guy since "The Last Samurai" remember, he was the sword master I believe.

5. What's with the red herring of Desmond on the plane, he appears then disappears?

6. Sawyer gonna try and rip-off Hugo? When does Sawyer find Lockes real Dad? Doc repairs Lockes legs? Pheh.....

7. A whole new group of Losties? Sigh... Arrrrgh!

8. My haid hurts.

Worf

kexodusc
02-04-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't think the parallel time thingy will last too long. It might be an intermediary toward the conclusion, but then I think it ends...

I think we haven't seen the last of the real, good John Locke yet either. He'll be back...

Also, there's something about Desmond - he is the constant right? Him being on the plane (when he would have been in the hatch on the island) was weird.

So was the island at the bottom of the ocean...

Worf101
02-04-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't think the parallel time thingy will last too long. It might be an intermediary toward the conclusion, but then I think it ends...

I think we haven't seen the last of the real, good John Locke yet either. He'll be back...

Also, there's something about Desmond - he is the constant right? Him being on the plane (when he would have been in the hatch on the island) was weird.

So was the island at the bottom of the ocean...
Remember when they blew the hatch was 1974. Desmond was probably 2 years old hten, not on the Island and not in the Hatch. Matter of fact that's one thing we HAVE to learn this season who all came to the Island, when and WHY. One why we know, the fountain of youth/healing that is the Island and now the pool.

As for John staying dead? Who knows? My head's already spinniing from the first episode.

Worf

ForeverAutumn
02-04-2010, 10:38 AM
5. What's with the red herring of Desmond on the plane, he appears then disappears?

If there is no island to go to, then Desmond either (a) doesn't enter the boat race that takes him to the Island or (b) completes the race without incident. I don't know what he's doing on the plane, but I'll bet it's because all of their lives will cross again regardless of the Island's existence.

The moral of the story is...you can't change fate, brother.

kexodusc
02-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Remember when they blew the hatch was 1974. Desmond was probably 2 years old hten, not on the Island and not in the Hatch. Matter of fact that's one thing we HAVE to learn this season who all came to the Island, when and WHY. One why we know, the fountain of youth/healing that is the Island and now the pool.

As for John staying dead? Who knows? My head's already spinniing from the first episode.

Worf
Nah, Desmond was on the Island when the Losties first crashed there...He was the one pushing the button in the completed hatch, the first guy they met. That was just a few weeks after the crash. Remember? How could he be on that plane if he was busy pushing the button?

Unless you read FA's post above...then it all makes sense...

JSE
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Maybe this was covered but,

What's the significance of the Island being at the bottom of the ocean in the opeing scene?

ForeverAutumn
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
My take on it is that the hydrogen bomb reset time. It sunk the island to the bottom of the ocean so it's like it never existed. And the people who were on the island go back to their lives and continue as if there was no Island. So, no plane crash, Danielle Rouseau's boat doesn't sink, Desmond never ends up there, etc.

I wonder if that also means that Miles, Charlotte and Faraday were never born?

kexodusc
02-04-2010, 07:40 PM
My take on it is that the hydrogen bomb reset time. It sunk the island to the bottom of the ocean so it's like it never existed. And the people who were on the island go back to their lives and continue as if there was no Island. So, no plane crash, Danielle Rouseau's boat doesn't sink, Desmond never ends up there, etc.

I wonder if that also means that Miles, Charlotte and Faraday were never born?
That's not bad. But then again, maybe it's too easy...and if that happened, why are the Losties still on the island? Something swervy is coming up...why save the temple and Jacob and evil smokey guy until the last season if not to blow our minds???

I think the two parallel time lines are going to have to cross over and interact somehow, and when it happens, they'll reintegrate into a single time line...that's the way it happened, is going to happen, and was meant to happen.

The two time lines are sorta presented in the show the same way the future flashes were being presented a few seasons ago.

Worf101
02-05-2010, 04:56 AM
Nah, Desmond was on the Island when the Losties first crashed there...He was the one pushing the button in the completed hatch, the first guy they met. That was just a few weeks after the crash. Remember? How could he be on that plane if he was busy pushing the button?

Unless you read FA's post above...then it all makes sense...
We're confusing "blowing the hatch" with "blowing up the Swan station". I was refering to blowing up the station which occured in 1974 WAY before Desmond got there. Not blowing up the hatch which happened 30 years later.

Worf

kexodusc
02-05-2010, 06:54 AM
We're confusing "blowing the hatch" with "blowing up the Swan station". I was refering to blowing up the station which occured in 1974 WAY before Desmond got there. Not blowing up the hatch which happened 30 years later.

Worf
I see...My mistake. Damn station was blown up twice.

Wonder how long until we see Charles Whidmore this season? You dont' think for one minute we've seen the last of him?

ForeverAutumn
02-05-2010, 11:00 AM

Worf

But the hatch was the Swan Station.

So, if I'm thinking logically (like there's such a thing in Lost :rolleyes:), the Swan station that they dropped the bomb on was being built for...what? I forget. But not for pushing a button. It gets blowed up real good. But now they have to contain the energy that has been released. So a new Swan Station must be built. But this time it will have a different purpose. It will be to contain and release the built up energy by pushing a button every 108 minutes.

Was the bomb "the incident" that Dr. Chang refers to in his Swan Orientation video? Only, he uses the name Marvin Candle in that video and only has one hand. The one hand now makes sense as his hand was crushed by flying debris when the magnetic power was released. By why the new name???

So. Many. Questions.

I can't believe that they're going to be able to wrap this all up in only 15 more episodes. It seems impossible!

kexodusc
02-07-2010, 05:35 AM
I've assumed since we saw the bomb at the original Swan that its detonation was "the incident".

i went back and watched a few scenes of Season 1. I think the Airport scenes from the season opener may have been filmed way back when...if not, kudos to the makeup folks because everyone looks younger, hair exactly the same, etc...it's uncanny.

ForeverAutumn
02-07-2010, 11:44 AM
A co-worker has convinced me that the bomb didn't go off and The Incident was the drill breaking through to the magnetic field and all the flying metal that happended afterwards. The bright light wasn't the bomb, but a timeshift back to present day.

In the world where Losties are back on the plane and the Island is at the bottom of the Ocean, the bomb went off and destroyed the Island.

But in the world where the Island still exists, the bomb didn't go off. After The Incident (which claimed Dr. Chang's hand) they had to rebuild The Swan station, only this time it was to conrol the energy by pushing a button every 108 minutes.

P.S. I can't wait for the Sun/Jin reunion!

Kam
02-08-2010, 11:33 AM
i'm with kex on the theory that the two time lines will intersect and get back together. i think the nuke caused a schism in space/time and split the timeline at 1974 where we had a
1 - timeline with the island as is after 1974, our current Losties adventure.
2 - a timeline without the island after 1974, our LA-X Landing Losties.

So both 1+2 will intersect at some point, where our current LLL will meet their 30+ year older versions of themselves and re-connect the two timelines so that schism will be healed.

Kam
02-08-2010, 11:34 AM
Maybe this was covered but,

What's the significance of the Island being at the bottom of the ocean in the opeing scene?

i think this meant in the LA-X Landing Losties time line of 2007 (was that the original flight date?) the island doesn't exist any more.

ForeverAutumn
02-08-2010, 12:06 PM
i'm with kex on the theory that the two time lines will intersect and get back together. i think the nuke caused a schism in space/time and split the timeline at 1974 where we had a
1 - timeline with the island as is after 1974, our current Losties adventure.
2 - a timeline without the island after 1974, our LA-X Landing Losties.

So both 1+2 will intersect at some point, where our current LLL will meet their 30+ year older versions of themselves and re-connect the two timelines so that schism will be healed.

Are you saying that when they land at LA-X, they are in 1974?

Kam
02-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Are you saying that when they land at LA-X, they are in 1974?

nono, just meant that in timeline 2, in 1974, the island is sent to the bottom of the oceamn, life goes on, our Losties are born, go about their lives, and get on the plane in 2007 in Australia and land in LA-X. versus the split that occured in 1974 and sent our other set of Losties still lost in time/space.

i gotta upload a graph of this....

GMichael
02-08-2010, 01:19 PM
A co-worker has convinced me that the bomb didn't go off and The Incident was the drill breaking through to the magnetic field and all the flying metal that happended afterwards. The bright light wasn't the bomb, but a timeshift back to present day.

In the world where Losties are back on the plane and the Island is at the bottom of the Ocean, the bomb went off and destroyed the Island.

But in the world where the Island still exists, the bomb didn't go off. After The Incident (which claimed Dr. Chang's hand) they had to rebuild The Swan station, only this time it was to conrol the energy by pushing a button every 108 minutes.

P.S. I can't wait for the Sun/Jin reunion!

I think that the two time lines exist together. She is still at the bottom of the pit banging on the bomb to set it off. In the fleeting moments between the bomb going off, or not going off, both time lines exist. When the bomb goes off (or doesn't go off) one time line will take over and the other will have never happened. Right now, we still don't know if she will get the bomb to go boom or not.

ForeverAutumn
02-08-2010, 02:30 PM
My brain hurts.

musicman1999
02-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Is it possible that the whole series is an explanation of Schrodinger's cat?

bill

GMichael
02-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Is it possible that the whole series is an explanation of Schrodinger's cat?

bill

That cat had flees.

Kam
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
ok, so what was the last we heard from Claire from last season? I totally forgot what happenned to her. Was it when she saw Christian and he led her to the shack and then... what? i can't remember where they went after the shack where Jacob supposedly was?

Is Smokey possessing Sayid now too? I guess Smokey can possess multiple people from within as well as a doppleganger (ala Locke)?

Is Claire the new Rousseau?

Great title to the episode with a nice callback to season (?) What Kate Did to What Kate Does. I liked that.

EDIT: Oh and why do i get a feeling when Locke/Smokey says "I'll tell you everything" in that teaser for next week that... he really won't tell anything. just a hunch.

GMichael
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
ok, so what was the last we heard from Claire from last season? I totally forgot what happenned to her. Was it when she saw Christian and he led her to the shack and then... what? i can't remember where they went after the shack where Jacob supposedly was?

Is Smokey possessing Sayid now too? I guess Smokey can possess multiple people from within as well as a doppleganger (ala Locke)?

Is Claire the new Rousseau?

Great title to the episode with a nice callback to season (?) What Kate Did to What Kate Does. I liked that.

EDIT: Oh and why do i get a feeling when Locke/Smokey says "I'll tell you everything" in that teaser for next week that... he really won't tell anything. just a hunch.

I think that Locke/Smokey will tell someone everything. It just won't be on camera. We won't get to hear the answers. Yet.....(Get ready for the movie)

kexodusc
02-10-2010, 10:18 AM
I like how time is self-correcting itself in the alternate timeline - Kate and Claire meet, Ethan involved in delaying the birth...

Loved Miles' comment about Hurley being in charge now...

Kam
02-10-2010, 10:25 AM
I like how time is self-correcting itself in the alternate timeline - Kate and Claire meet, Ethan involved in delaying the birth...

Loved Miles' comment about Hurley being in charge now...

i like that 'self-correcting' idea, that what is *supposed* to happen (season 1-2+) is going to happen. kind of lends itself to a destiny/fate/predetermination argument. love the philosophical debates this show brings up.

ForeverAutumn
02-10-2010, 11:13 AM

I was thinking that too. Kate was there when Claire gives birth on the island and it looks like she may be there when Claire gives birth off the island. It's like whatever is going to happen is going to happen regardless of location. Fate is fate. Who wants to bet that somehow in LA-X, Claire ends up deserting Aaron and Kate still ends up with him?

I also liked that Ethan Rom is Ethan Goodspeed. If the Island is sunk, he keeps his Dharma name. I'd like to know more about him though. How did he end up going from Dharma kid (Horace's son) to an Other?

I think that the last time we saw Claire was in the cabin with Christian. So, Claire is infected according to Dogan (was that his name?). Did she disappear before or after Rousseau died? I'm wondering if Rousseau was the one who was infected and was somehow being used by Smokey. Was Claire "claimed" to take Rousseau's place?

I LOL's when Ethan told Claire that he didn't want to stick her with needles if he didn't have to. :D

Worf101
02-11-2010, 06:19 AM
Sucked. Except for Claires resurgance, I found it to be nothing but filler. And WTF, we have an escaped murderer, wanted by the Feds driving around IN A STOLEN YELLOW CAB and they can't track her? Kate just happens to find a an ex-con running a chop shop wiht a heart of gold who's unconcerned about AIDING AND ABETTING????? Stolen car to a hospital where Police are always around and they don't catch her? Are you chittin' me? Who wrote that load of cobblers? All so Claire and Kate can swap hugs? WTF? I want that hour BACK!!!!!

Worf

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2010, 07:38 AM
Sucked. Except for Claires resurgance, I found it to be nothing but filler. And WTF, we have an escaped murderer, wanted by the Feds driving around IN A STOLEN YELLOW CAB and they can't track her? Kate just happens to find a an ex-con running a chop shop wiht a heart of gold who's unconcerned about AIDING AND ABETTING????? Stolen car to a hospital where Police are always around and they don't catch her? Are you chittin' me? Who wrote that load of cobblers? All so Claire and Kate can swap hugs? WTF? I want that hour BACK!!!!!

Worf

Well...when you put it that way...

I agree actually. It was one of the worst episodes that I can remember. Not a whole lot happened other than the return of Claire at the end. With only 14 or so hours left to wrap it all up, I can only assume (and hope) that episode was a lead-in to bigger and better things.

Here's (http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2010/02/6x0102-la-x-recap.php#more) a pretty amusing write up on the season premiere that I think you'll enjoy. :)

Worf101
02-12-2010, 06:05 AM
Well...when you put it that way...

I agree actually. It was one of the worst episodes that I can remember. Not a whole lot happened other than the return of Claire at the end. With only 14 or so hours left to wrap it all up, I can only assume (and hope) that episode was a lead-in to bigger and better things.

Here's (http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2010/02/6x0102-la-x-recap.php#more) a pretty amusing write up on the season premiere that I think you'll enjoy. :)
I enjoyed that recap immensely. Glad to see some other folks don't take this so seriously either. LOTS of big plot holes detailed in great tongue in cheek. I'll be going back there believe me.

Worf

ForeverAutumn
02-12-2010, 06:46 AM
I'll be going back there believe me.

Because you "need to go back"? Because we all need to go back?

:ihih:

Kam
02-12-2010, 09:45 AM
Because you "need to go back"? Because we all need to go back?

:ihih:

pffft... and *I* get ripped on for my Numbers running.... :p

Kam
02-16-2010, 07:03 PM
great gem: "Weirdest damn funeral I've ever been to."

ok, so i got serious chills with: "No James, that's why you're here... that's why you're all here."

The NUMBERS!!! :D
4 - locke
8 - hugo
15 - sawyer
16 - jarrah
23 - shepard
42 - kwon

And crossed out:
(175 - costa?)
(119-?)
(272 - kali?)
(313 - little...?)
(20- rolle?)
(316 - grant)

ForeverAutumn
02-16-2010, 07:31 PM
The NUMBERS!!! :D
4 - locke
8 - hugo
15 - sawyer
16 - jarrah
23 - shepard
42 - kwon

Where's Austin??? What about Kate?

My favourite line was when Locke was talking to the kid and said, "Don't tell me what I can't do". LOL.

It was an interesting episode.

Kam
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
Where's Austin??? What about Kate?

My favourite line was when Locke was talking to the kid and said, "Don't tell me what I can't do". LOL.

It was an interesting episode.

yep, didn't jacob go visit kate as well when she was a little girl?

ForeverAutumn
02-16-2010, 07:35 PM
He did. She stole a lunchbox and he paid for it on the condition that she wouldn't steal anymore.

Kam
02-16-2010, 08:11 PM
He did. She stole a lunchbox and he paid for it on the condition that she wouldn't steal anymore.

such a sweet guy. wonder if he's really the good guy....

edit: and wonder if the kid is now jacob reborn....

kexodusc
02-17-2010, 05:11 AM
If last week's episode was a bit sub-par, this one was sure made up for it.

Loved the bit about the rocks on the scale - very reminiscent of Locke with the backgammon pieces early in season 1.

Wonder what the significance of the kid telling evil Locke that he couldn't kill Jacob was? Maybe loophole's violate the spirit of the island rules and evil Locke is in trouble?

With the fair hair I think we're meant to think the kid is lil' Jacob.

"Jacob had a thing for numbers" lol.

ForeverAutumn
02-17-2010, 06:58 AM
such a sweet guy. wonder if he's really the good guy....

edit: and wonder if the kid is now jacob reborn....

I thought it was interesting that it appeared that Richard couldn't see the kid. Although IIRC he had his back to him and the kid was gone when Rich turned around. So maybe he could have seen him if he stuck around, but it left me with the impression that only UnLocke could see him.

But then Sawyer saw the kid. And UnLocke seemed very surprised by that. :shocked:

I loved the scene in the cave where UnLocke tosses the white rock into the ocean and says simply, "inside joke". LOL.

After all the years we've spent trying to figure out the numbers wouldn't it be funny if they mean nothing more than "Jacob had a thing for numbers"? The joke is on us my friends.

So is the serial number on the hatch door the number for that particular go around? If the numbers were 3 - Autumn, 7 - Kam, 12 - Kex, and WE were on the island then would the numbers on the hatch door have been 3 7 12 etc? Does this just happen over and over and over again with different people until the MIB finds his loophole.

As I typed that last paragraph it occured to me that would make sense. If you think about how many times Desmond saved Charlie's life only to realized that he can't, it makes total sense that they are in a loop...and looking for the loophole. Following that same train of thought...Faraday's mommy told Desmond that the Island isn't done with him. So maybe UnLocke hasn't found the loophole after all.

OMFG! Sometimes I blow my own mind!

Kam
02-17-2010, 07:52 AM
I thought it was interesting that it appeared that Richard couldn't see the kid. Although IIRC he had his back to him and the kid was gone when Rich turned around. So maybe he could have seen him if he stuck around, but it left me with the impression that only UnLocke could see him.

But then Sawyer saw the kid. And UnLocke seemed very surprised by that. :shocked:

I loved the scene in the cave where UnLocke tosses the white rock into the ocean and says simply, "inside joke". LOL.

After all the years we've spent trying to figure out the numbers wouldn't it be funny if they mean nothing more than "Jacob had a thing for numbers"? The joke is on us my friends.

So is the serial number on the hatch door the number for that particular go around? If the numbers were 3 - Autumn, 7 - Kam, 12 - Kex, and WE were on the island then would the numbers on the hatch door have been 3 7 12 etc? Does this just happen over and over and over again with different people until the MIB finds his loophole.

As I typed that last paragraph it occured to me that would make sense. If you think about how many times Desmond saved Charlie's life only to realized that he can't, it makes total sense that they are in a loop...and looking for the loophole. Following that same train of thought...Faraday's mommy told Desmond that the Island isn't done with him. So maybe UnLocke hasn't found the loophole after all.

OMFG! Sometimes I blow my own mind!

i thought that too about the Kid vs. Richard/Sawyer. Either it is that the Kid just ran away before Richard saw him OR... Sawyer could see him because he's one of the "Candidates" so could see what others couldn't.

And remember when they went to the Watching Hatch and saw those long pages of numbers which were another set of numbers. That could fit in with your idea of the Island/Jacob resetting after bringing a different set of people to the Island to find that right 'Candidate.'

I wonder if Eko's name is crossed out on that ceiling, or if Ben's name is even on there, or Desmond, if Desmond is one of those 'Other Numbers'...

Kam
02-17-2010, 12:41 PM
found this one the e! lost reviews....

What if #23 shephard isn't Jack, but Aaron. Since he is technically a shephard, not "littleton" which was claires last name, and which was already crossed out as 313! :D

ForeverAutumn
02-19-2010, 07:57 AM
found this one the e! lost reviews....

What if #23 shephard isn't Jack, but Aaron. Since he is technically a shephard, not "littleton" which was claires last name, and which was already crossed out as 313! :D

No. Aaron wouldn't go by Sheppard. Assuming that Clair kept him, she would give him her name. She didn't want anything to do with Christian, so why would she give Aaron his name?

Nope. I ain't buying that one.

Kam
02-19-2010, 08:14 AM
No. Aaron wouldn't go by Sheppard. Assuming that Clair kept him, she would give him her name. She didn't want anything to do with Christian, so why would she give Aaron his name?

Nope. I ain't buying that one.

oh i know, definately claire would be very anti-christian/sheppard, but maybe the Island could think of the 'sheppard line' that isn't up to claire?

i still think it's jack too, though, when Smokey showed Sawyer that name, i didn't think he indicated any that it was another sheppard (kinda like the obi wan-yoda exchange of 'there is another' in empire).

i think that episode back in season 1 where that psychic said horrible things would happen if her baby is raised by anyone other than claire. hopefully that won't just be a red herring among many red herrings, but a key to it all.

ForeverAutumn
02-19-2010, 09:01 AM
oh i know, definately claire would be very anti-christian/sheppard, but maybe the Island could think of the 'sheppard line' that isn't up to claire?

i still think it's jack too, though, when Smokey showed Sawyer that name, i didn't think he indicated any that it was another sheppard (kinda like the obi wan-yoda exchange of 'there is another' in empire).

By that logic, Claire is a Shephard too.

UnLocke made a point of saying that he did't know whether Kwan referred to Sun or Jin. By not commenting about Shephard, I think that even UnLocke thinks that Shephard is Jack.

Kam
02-19-2010, 09:13 AM
By that logic, Claire is a Shephard too.

UnLocke made a point of saying that he did't know whether Kwan referred to Sun or Jin. By not commenting about Shephard, I think that even UnLocke thinks that Shephard is Jack.

yeah true, but littleton was crossed off the list.

and oooo! just had a thought, didn't un-christian take aaron from claire? could the little kid we saw be aaron grown up and not a jacob re-incarnation?

ForeverAutumn
02-19-2010, 10:27 AM
yeah true, but littleton was crossed off the list.

Exactly. If Claire's not a Shephard then I don't buy Aaron being a Shephard. Maybe I'll have to eat my words...but I doubt it.

and oooo! just had a thought, didn't un-christian take aaron from claire? could the little kid we saw be aaron grown up and not a jacob re-incarnation?

That's a good thought. I like it.

Kam
02-23-2010, 07:16 PM
"Is leaving an option?"

"Turns up wherever he wants, like Obi Wan Kenobi."

I liked the episode, but it feels like they are still taking their time getting to the end. Feels like there a LOT of stuff to get through and each episode that goes even a little slow almost is a waste. maybe it's just because of a buildup of a ridiculous amount of questions that any answers can't come fast enough.

ForeverAutumn
02-24-2010, 05:17 AM
"Is leaving an option?"

"Turns up wherever he wants, like Obi Wan Kenobi."

I liked the episode, but it feels like they are still taking their time getting to the end. Feels like there a LOT of stuff to get through and each episode that goes even a little slow almost is a waste. maybe it's just because of a buildup of a ridiculous amount of questions that any answers can't come fast enough.

I agree that it was another slow episode. But not a bad one. Its just a slower burn to the end than I was expecting. The Lighthouse (the building, not the episode) was a total disappointment to me. My first thought was, "how could they have never seen that before?" So when Jack actually asked the question, it felt forced. Like the writers thought "let's put in a lighthouse, but we'll have to explain why it's never been seen before". :rolleyes: Then the lighthouse itself was a disappointment. I wanted to learn something from it. But it was all just to get Jack to stare at the ocean and be introspective. Booooooooring. I want to know whose name was at 108 degrees dammit!

BTW...108, LOL. :thumbsup:

An inconsistency that bothered me was that it appeared that the directions that Jacob gave Hurley had to do with the Temple and finding heiroglyphics and hidden doors and he had to do it with Jack. But then when he got Jack to join him, they went off in a totally different direction, off into the jungle. That didn't make sense to me.

I liked Jin's realization that Claire is not the sweet little girl that he once knew. I see a nice big cage fight between Claire and Kate coming our way. Which one will survive? My guess is Kate.

Oh, and Jack's reason for returning to the island..."I was broken and I thought it could fix me". Blech! I am really getting sick of his sappy character. For some reason, he did look unusually hot last night though. :)

kexodusc
02-24-2010, 07:35 AM
An inconsistency that bothered me was that it appeared that the directions that Jacob gave Hurley had to do with the Temple and finding heiroglyphics and hidden doors and he had to do it with Jack. But then when he got Jack to join him, they went off in a totally different direction, off into the jungle. That didn't make sense to me.

I think Hurley was finding the hidden passage out of the temple they referred to a few times times...Hurley and Jack just left the temple that way.

At first I wasn't interested in the alternate timeline Losties..but now that Jack's got a kid, I'm really curious to see where it all goes now.

As for the lighthouse..the Island is pretty huge and the lighthouse wasn't that big...I can't see a water tower that's just a few minutes away from me, so I had no problem with that.
Except it hasn't turned out to be anything except maybe a way for Jacob to watch/travel places.

Still waiting for Desmond to pop-up...And that Whidmore dude...

Kam
02-24-2010, 08:08 AM
read on cnn that a freeze frame shows 108 as "Wallace"

ForeverAutumn
02-24-2010, 08:58 AM
read on cnn that a freeze frame shows 108 as "Wallace"

Kam, I think that you'll find this link interesting, http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2010/02/images-from-6x05-the-lighthous.php#more.

You can clearly see that Sheppard and Jarrah are written in darker pen than the rest, including Ford (#15) and Austen! Austen is #51 and is not crossed out. 51?

108 is Wallace...and is also crossed out.

Kam
02-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Kam, I think that you'll find this link interesting, http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2010/02/images-from-6x05-the-lighthous.php#more.

You can clearly see that Sheppard and Jarrah are written in darker pen than the rest, including Ford (#15) and Austen! Austen is #51 and is not crossed out. 51?

so does that mean there are only 360 "candidates" in the world? looks like everyone has pretty much been crossed out as a candidate and these are the last of the last.

kexodusc
02-24-2010, 09:51 AM

Ooh...neat find! :thumbsup:

ForeverAutumn
02-24-2010, 12:16 PM
so does that mean there are only 360 "candidates" in the world? looks like everyone has pretty much been crossed out as a candidate and these are the last of the last.

I thought that it looked like Sheppard might have been written over something else. That would explain why it was darker than the others. Maybe Jack and Sayid's numbers are being reused.

It would be pretty unfortunate if Jacob had to go through every single possible combination of numbers before finding his candidate in the last combination. How frustrating. :)

Kam
02-24-2010, 02:15 PM
I thought that it looked like Sheppard might have been written over something else.

that'd be a pretty funny scene. with jacob up in the lighthouse scribbling over peoples' names once he found out the names of the people on the island.

"yeah... sheppard, that's what i meant to write..."

I wonder if the lighthouse is where the "list" came from in the first season of the people/kids the Others took away, they were all 'candidates' that had to be checked and crossed off?

ForeverAutumn
03-02-2010, 06:50 PM
My boyfriend Sayid is coming to Toronto!!!

I'll need a new dress to wear when I pick him up from the airport. :D

GMichael
03-03-2010, 09:22 AM

Did you dump Sawyer again?

Kam
03-03-2010, 10:32 AM

i think he might be side tracked by that whole 'trying-to-prove-he's-a-good-person-by-killing-people' thing he's got going on.

so it's shaping up to be an us vs. them, good vs. evil, light vs. dark showdown... just... who's on which side of what?

(edit: Almost seems too easy that Un-Locke is the bad/evil/dark one.)

i wonder if ben is gonna make it out of the whole thing being the good guy.

ForeverAutumn
03-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Did you dump Sawyer again?

No. Shhhhhh. Don't tell.

so it's shaping up to be an us vs. them, good vs. evil, light vs. dark showdown... just... who's on which side of what?

(edit: Almost seems too easy that Un-Locke is the bad/evil/dark one.)

i wonder if ben is gonna make it out of the whole thing being the good guy.

I agree with all of that. This is Lost, so there has to be a twist. Nothing is obvious. Assume that whatever you think is correct is actually dead wrong. Then assume that whatever you think is dead wrong is also dead wrong. :shocked:

Questions:

1. Where is Sawyer while UnLocke is out and about smokin' out the temple people? I don't see Sawyer just chillin' in the cave and doing nothing while UnLocke is out galavanting.
2. If it was Dogan who was protecting the temple and keeping Smokey out, what was the point of surrounding the temple with ash when they found out that Jacob was dead?
3. Why didn't the magic pool save Dogan?
4. Is Sayid really evil, or was he just killing Dogan before Dogan had a chance to try and kill Sayid again? (my money is on the latter...self preservation).

Kam
03-03-2010, 11:01 AM
No. Shhhhhh. Don't tell.

I agree with all of that. This is Lost, so there has to be a twist. Nothing is obvious. Assume that whatever you think is correct is actually dead wrong. Then assume that whatever you think is dead wrong is also dead wrong. :shocked:

Questions:

1. Where is Sawyer while UnLocke is out and about smokin' out the temple people? I don't see Sawyer just chillin' in the cave and doing nothing while UnLocke is out galavanting.
2. If it was Dogan who was protecting the temple and keeping Smokey out, what was the point of surrounding the temple with ash when they found out that Jacob was dead?
3. Why didn't the magic pool save Dogan?
4. Is Sayid really evil, or was he just killing Dogan before Dogan had a chance to try and kill Sayid again? (my money is on the latter...self preservation).

it's really well crafted that in every instance (that i can think of) where Sayid kills someone, there is a morally arguable/justifiable reason for it. It seems that his character is doomed to find himself constantly being chased by the history he created by being an interrogator. Where before he did horrible acts for the wrong reasons, and wishes to escpae from that past, now he must do horrible acts for the 'right' reasons. That's just a great character arc, imo.

ForeverAutumn
03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Cheese Curds!

lmao! :biggrin5:

Kam
03-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Cheese Curds!

lmao! :biggrin5:

that cracked me up too.

i liked the episode, not a lot of answers, which was irritating, but great story to "Dr. Linus."

and interesting how things are being reflected back in LA.

the one tidbit that did come out is there still is the dharma initiative and they did go there, just came back. so then when did that explosion happen? weren't they back in the 1970s when they detonated the bomb? wasn't ben still on the island? and his father shot and all that?

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Great episode filled with lots of little subleties. I loved Ben teaching his class about Napolean and losing his power. No parallel there. No siree. :)

According to Richard, the people that Jacob touches can't kill themselves.

So when Locke tried to hang himself...it wouldn't have worked anyhow. The only way that he could die is to be killed. Which Ben took care of. So, my question is...did Ben know that Locke couldn't kill himself? Ben gained Locke's trust by talking him down from the rafter. But was it all a ploy by Ben because he knew that Locke couldn't die that way? So Ben talks him down, gains his trust, gets information, and then kills him anyway?

Hmmmmmmm.

Interesting that Ben chose to follow Ilana rather than UnLocke. He looked like a little puppy following her back to the beach.

It's been interesting to watch Ben's character over the years. Starting as Henry Gale/Benry, observing the Losties and manipulating Locke. Then as the leader of the Others, full of confidence and self-rightousness (we're the good guys). To the fallen man that he is today. Just a lost puppy looking for acceptance wherever he can get it.

My money is on him shaking himself off and regaining his former power to become our hero in the finale. I don't think that Lost is about Charles Widmore, or the Island, or the Losties, or a monster made of smoke. I think that Lost is about Ben Linus.

kexodusc
03-10-2010, 07:58 AM
So we are led to believe now that Richard came from the Black Rock. That's why he had a rope belt and clam-diggers when Ben met him as a kid!!!

Kam
03-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I think that Lost is about Ben Linus.

wouldn't it just be a kicker if the whole thing ended up being about paolo and nicky?

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2010, 08:13 AM
So we are led to believe now that Richard came from the Black Rock. That's why he had a rope belt and clam-diggers when Ben met him as a kid!!!

I thought that a few weeks ago. When UnLocke meets up with Richard right after Ben killed Jacob, he said to Richard "it's good to see you out of your chains". To which Richard replied a very surprised and frightened, "You...".

The reference to chains made me think that Richard had come from the Black Rock.

As I'm now typing this another thought has entered my head (run away, run away). In last night's episode Richard told Jack and Hurley that he had devoted his life to Jacob and that it was now all for nothing. Maybe the "chains" that UnLocke was referring to was actually the tie that Richard had to Jacob. Now that Jacob is dead, Richard is free.

ForeverAutumn
03-10-2010, 08:15 AM
wouldn't it just be a kicker if the whole thing ended up being about paolo and nicky?

LMAO! I don't know if I'd laugh or toss my TV out the window. :shocked:

Kam
03-10-2010, 08:52 AM
I thought that a few weeks ago. When UnLocke meets up with Richard right after Ben killed Jacob, he said to Richard "it's good to see you out of your chains". To which Richard replied a very surprised and frightened, "You...".

The reference to chains made me think that Richard had come from the Black Rock.

As I'm now typing this another thought has entered my head (run away, run away). In last night's episode Richard told Jack and Hurley that he had devoted his life to Jacob and that it was now all for nothing. Maybe the "chains" that UnLocke was referring to was actually the tie that Richard had to Jacob. Now that Jacob is dead, Richard is free.

could be both, symbolic and literal. when richard was in the black rock, he did go over to the spot against the wall that had chains. maybe richard was a criminal being carted off somewhere, and jacob/the island gave him his second chance to redeem himself for whatever crimes he committed.

Kam
03-16-2010, 06:02 PM
oooo FA musta been happy!
you're badboy conman is now a badboy cop on the 'real world'!

i liked it!

ForeverAutumn
03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Yeah. I liked it too! Sawyer is the hottest cop EVER!

And Charlotte cleans up real nice! I didn't think that she was so pretty on the island, but what a knockout she was in tonight episode!

Here's my first question of the night...I had it about three minutes into the show. If Sawyer is a cop, why didn't he turn Kate in when they were at the airport, in the elevator, and he saw her handcuffs?

Not to jump ahead...but next week's show is about Richard. I've been waiting years for his story. I think it's the most anticipated episode ever for me!

kexodusc
03-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Not to jump ahead...but next week's show is about Richard. I've been waiting years for his story. I think it's the most anticipated episode ever for me!
Me too...that's a weird side-story begging to be told...

ForeverAutumn
03-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Me too...that's a weird side-story begging to be told...

Given his presumed age, I think we need to start with a flash-back, waaaaaaaaay back, before going sideways. :)

Kam
03-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Yeah. I liked it too! Sawyer is the hottest cop EVER!

And Charlotte cleans up real nice! I didn't think that she was so pretty on the island, but what a knockout she was in tonight episode!

Here's my first question of the night...I had it about three minutes into the show. If Sawyer is a cop, why didn't he turn Kate in when they were at the airport, in the elevator, and he saw her handcuffs?

i was also wondering if that meant that everything he did in australia in the original storyline, i.e. shoot and kill that innocent guy who he thought was 'sawyer' still happened? wasn't it that guy who told Ford that 'sawyers' real name was anthony cooper? i'm trying to remember my season 1 flashbacks.

ForeverAutumn
03-17-2010, 06:35 AM
I don't remember either Kam.

Post your theories on this question...

Who killed all the Ajira survivors on the Hydra island? Smokey or Widmore?

Kam
03-17-2010, 09:03 AM
I don't remember either Kam.

Post your theories on this question...

Who killed all the Ajira survivors on the Hydra island? Smokey or Widmore?

so if the island was knocked out of the timeline from 1974 onwards, then that means all the people post-1974 were never brought or influenced by the island? but everyone pre-1974 still were?

since in Dr. Linus, ben's dad still mentioned the dharma initiative and being on the island and then leaving the island. since the losties would never have mucked up things back in 1974 the 'second time around' and all that.

i'd just toss out a guess and say Smokey killed them.

kexodusc
03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
I thought it was Widmore's peeps that killed everyone, the way the sub was spying on the island last week...could be wrong though.

If it was Smokey, he's narrowing the gap in the "path o' destruction" race that Ben is leading...

Bonus points to Sawyer for having slept with 50% of all women on the island!

ForeverAutumn
03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Kam, I don't understand your reasoning. Do you think that the Widmore that we saw last night is the sideways Widmore that would exist if the Island had been blown up in 1974?

Because if the Island had blown up in 1974 there wouldn't be an island for Widmore to return to.

I'm confused!

Kam
03-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Kam, I don't understand your reasoning. Do you think that the Widmore that we saw last night is the sideways Widmore that would exist if the Island had been blown up in 1974?

Because if the Island had blown up in 1974 there wouldn't be an island for Widmore to return to.

I'm confused!

well here's my thinking... if i can ramble along:

Timeline A from this season: Cause/Effect:
1. The Losties land in LA from Australia without crashing on the Island because it's at the bottom of the ocean, because...
2. The Island was destroyed/sunk/gone as of the nuclear explosion that Juliet set off in 1974, so...
3. Everything post 1974 that was going to happen on the Island did not happen, including (assumption) Jacob's 'interference' with people POST-1974, which would include some, if not all of our Losties.

Timeline B (the one we've been watching)
1. Widmore arriving on the Island in this timeline is still consistent since the nuclear explosion didn't sink the Island in this timeline, but apparently all is still progressing as if the nuclear explosion didn't happen, other than killing Juliet? We haven't even seen the site of the Swan Station to see what the damage there has been, have we?
2. So everything that we've seen happen on the Island so far has still happenned, including Widmore getting kicked out, wanting revenge, Desmond going on the boat race, getting to the Island, yada yada yada.
3. So i think the Widmore we saw is the normal Widmore that we've been seeing in the series so far. I don't think we've had any crossover between Timeline A and B characters (as of yet).

I also don't think we've seen Widmore in Timeline A yet, have we? We've seen almost everyone else, including a randomly appearing/dissapearing Desmond from the 815 flight, but no Widmore.

GMichael
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
You guys make me dizzy.

ForeverAutumn
03-17-2010, 10:38 AM
well here's my thinking... if i can ramble along:

Timeline A from this season: Cause/Effect:
1. The Losties land in LA from Australia without crashing on the Island because it's at the bottom of the ocean, because...
2. The Island was destroyed/sunk/gone as of the nuclear explosion that Juliet set off in 1974, so...
3. Everything post 1974 that was going to happen on the Island did not happen, including (assumption) Jacob's 'interference' with people POST-1974, which would include some, if not all of our Losties.

Timeline B (the one we've been watching)
1. Widmore arriving on the Island in this timeline is still consistent since the nuclear explosion didn't sink the Island in this timeline, but apparently all is still progressing as if the nuclear explosion didn't happen, other than killing Juliet? We haven't even seen the site of the Swan Station to see what the damage there has been, have we?
2. So everything that we've seen happen on the Island so far has still happenned, including Widmore getting kicked out, wanting revenge, Desmond going on the boat race, getting to the Island, yada yada yada.
3. So i think the Widmore we saw is the normal Widmore that we've been seeing in the series so far. I don't think we've had any crossover between Timeline A and B characters (as of yet).

I also don't think we've seen Widmore in Timeline A yet, have we? We've seen almost everyone else, including a randomly appearing/dissapearing Desmond from the 815 flight, but no Widmore.

I agree with everything you say here. I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought that you were suggesting that Widmore wouldn't have killed everyone because the 1974 explosion changed his course and, therefore, Smokey must have killed everyone. But I agree with what you say above. Widmore is in our current timeline on the island...i.e. the time in which the bomb did not go off.

ForeverAutumn
03-17-2010, 10:39 AM
You guys make me dizzy.

I make myself dizzy. :crazy:

Hyfi
03-18-2010, 04:11 AM
OK, I don't usually get all whacky about the strange and subtle things in this show, but something wierded me out when I watched this weeks show.

Not more than a week or so ago, while talking with a friend who is in her 60s about politics and Moore's latest movie, she said we should watch an old movie called Watership Down. I looked up the movie and found a torrent which I downloaded. The movie was made in 1978 and is an animated adaption of the book of same name.

In the beginning of the show, as the chick got out of Sawyers bed, she placed her hand on a book on Sawyers end table.

What was that book? Watership Down. Too freaky for sure.

I have yet to watch the movie but surely will get to it soon.

Here is a link about the original book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watership_Down

So why did they pick that specific book to have there and zoom in on as she got out of bed?

ForeverAutumn
03-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Hyfi, if you have not read Watership Down, you should. It is a classic and my favourite book of all times. I first read it when I was about 12 and have read it about a dozen times since. The movie is animated, but don't let that fool you into thinking it's about cute little bunnies. It's graphic and violent at times (IIRC). I actually own original animation cells from the film. That's how much I love it.

I'm not sure what the significance of the book to the show is...or if there even is one. But the significance of the book in last weeks episode is because Sawyer was seen reading Watership Down while on the beach in Season One. So I think that showing it this week was just another parallel between island life and LA life.

Worf101
03-18-2010, 05:29 AM
I'm finally caught up AGAIN....

1. Does Demon Locke really think that he can leave the Island/Purgatory and go where?

2. What does Whidmore really want. Eternal life on the Island? Ben's death? What's he to gain by doing this? Also since the Island moved/didn't move, how'd he find it in the first place?

3. Candidates eh? To replace Jacob? Obviously Jacob was/is assigned to keep the Yang on the island. God help us if Smokey gets let loose in the world as only Claire or Sayid kill more readily than he does.

4. Is Sayid really as dark now as he seems? He would let Claire kill Kate in cold blood? Or is he just biding his time waiting to take cosmic revenge?

5. The redemption of Ben Linus. In the sideways timeline I'm pleased to see him "do the right thing" for people. He is one frightenly complex character. Still it would've been far more interesting if he'd joined Locke and sent him to visit Whidmore.

6. Why did Whidmore kill all those innocent people, what's the percentage in it? Why not be a hero and set them free?

7. Will Sawyer help Jin get free? Why in god's name didn't Kate plug Claire the second she tried to hug her?

9. Can't wait to find out the back story on Mascarra man.

Worf

Kam
03-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Hyfi, if you have not read Watership Down, you should. It is a classic and my favourite book of all times. I first read it when I was about 12 and have read it about a dozen times since. The movie is animated, but don't let that fool you into thinking it's about cute little bunnies. It's graphic and violent at times (IIRC). I actually own original animation cells from the film. That's how much I love it.

I'm not sure what the significance of the book to the show is...or if there even is one. But the significance of the book in last weeks episode is because Sawyer was seen reading Watership Down while on the beach in Season One. So I think that showing it this week was just another parallel between island life and LA life.

i thought that little point was fantastic. and, have to go back again to check, didn't he say he 'found it'? (or was that, the "hey God it's me Margaret" book?) but Watership Down ended up being his. i was trying to see the spines of the books under it to see if the other books he 'found' on the island were all really his the whole time.

Kam
03-18-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm finally caught up AGAIN....

1. Does Demon Locke really think that he can leave the Island/Purgatory and go where?

2. What does Whidmore really want. Eternal life on the Island? Ben's death? What's he to gain by doing this? Also since the Island moved/didn't move, how'd he find it in the first place?

3. Candidates eh? To replace Jacob? Obviously Jacob was/is assigned to keep the Yang on the island. God help us if Smokey gets let loose in the world as only Claire or Sayid kill more readily than he does.

4. Is Sayid really as dark now as he seems? He would let Claire kill Kate in cold blood? Or is he just biding his time waiting to take cosmic revenge?

5. The redemption of Ben Linus. In the sideways timeline I'm pleased to see him "do the right thing" for people. He is one frightenly complex character. Still it would've been far more interesting if he'd joined Locke and sent him to visit Whidmore.

6. Why did Whidmore kill all those innocent people, what's the percentage in it? Why not be a hero and set them free?

7. Will Sawyer help Jin get free? Why in god's name didn't Kate plug Claire the second she tried to hug her?

9. Can't wait to find out the back story on Mascarra man.

Worf

in a show of no answers, here are the definitive answers to your questions. (perhaps not the right answers, but definite ones nonetheless).

1. Yes.
2. Ben's death. No. Yes. Become the next Candidate. iPhone Maps/Directions.
3. Yep, that's the plan.
4. Yes. Yes. Yes.
5. I agree. How he doesn't win every TV award is beyond me.
6. He killed them because Jacob didn't hug him as a child. He was a hero by setting them free of life on that damned confusing Island.
7. No. She's confused because Claire, as the real mother to Aaron, will always have something that Kate, as the adoptive mother, won't have, those 9 months.
8. You trying to confuse us with a missing number???
9.Ditto. From the days we called him "Doc Bright Eyes" till now... oh how far we've come!

ForeverAutumn
03-18-2010, 07:06 AM
i thought that little point was fantastic. and, have to go back again to check, didn't he say he 'found it'? (or was that, the "hey God it's me Margaret" book?) but Watership Down ended up being his. i was trying to see the spines of the books under it to see if the other books he 'found' on the island were all really his the whole time.

Ask and you shall receive. :) The other two books were A Wrinkle in Time, which we've definately seen before and Lancelot which I'm not sure about. I think that the book that he "found" was Are You There God It's Me, Margaret. Mandatory reading for every pre-adolescent girl IMO. :lol:

ForeverAutumn
03-18-2010, 07:16 AM
in a show of no answers, here are the definitive answers to your questions. (perhaps not the right answers, but definite ones nonetheless).

LMAO! My boss has a reputation for being a "know-it-all". When another colleague once asked him a question and received a response that was questionable, my boss responded with, "You asked me a question and I gave you an answer. Whether or not you choose to believe my answer is entirely up to you". It was one of those you-had-to-be-there moments, but it was classic! Your statement above reminded me of that. hehehe.

Worf, you always come up with great questions and insights. I look forward to your posts each week.

Kam, I totally agree with you about Michael Emerson and awards. He is, by far, the best actor on TV today, I've been saying that since he was Henry Gale in Season Two. With Terry O'Quinn (Locke) being a very close second. How Locke can go from that bone chilling, evil, soul piercing look that he gave Richard in the season premiere to that charming, trustworthy, sexy (yep, I said it) smile that he gave Kate this week is just fantastic IMO. I admire the skill and talent that both these men posess.

Worf101
03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
(Worf picks up phone, Dials Kam)
"Hey Bud!, Yeah Worf here. Yeah I'm doin' good. Thanks for the answers to my questions. Yeah damn good to hear from you again too. Hey Man we gotta problem. No not "Short Skirt" he's in Lompoc."

"No something even more disturbing than Tex or Nickles. Did you read FA's last post, yeah... Man she's completely lost it. Yeah, she called John Locke SEXY!!!!"

"Yeah man did you read that one? Oh gimme some of what she's smokin'!!! It must be dem long Canadian winters that sends em off the rails. Yeah , yeah, last episode all I could see was dem big, wobbly man boobs Locke was sportin'. Yeah Poster boy for the Manzere."

"Yeah, hey man don't ask me but you'd need some damn thick beer goggles to mistake Locke for Sawyer, Jack or Sayid. Chite even Hurley's sexier than that. Least with Hurley you could find a fold in a pinch."

'Yeah, well I gotta a call into the Canadian Authorities. If she crosses over we got a nice padded room in Bellevue for her. Okay, Later man, and much love."

"Peace Out!"

(Worf hangs up the phone and heads to the terlit with comic book)

Da (that's gonna leave a mark) Worfster

GMichael
03-18-2010, 10:22 AM
"Hey Bud!, Yeah Worf here. Yeah I'm doin' good. Thanks for the answers to my questions. Yeah damn good to hear from you again too. Hey Man we gotta problem. No not "Short Skirt" he's in Lompoc."

"No something even more disturbing than Tex or Nickles. Did you read FA's last post, yeah... Man she's completely lost it. Yeah, she called John Locke SEXY!!!!"

"Yeah man did you read that one? Oh gimme some of what she's smokin'!!! It must be dem long Canadian winters that sends em off the rails. Yeah , yeah, last episode all I could see was dem big, wobbly man boobs Locke was sportin'. Yeah Poster boy for the Manzere."

"Yeah, hey man don't ask me but you'd need some damn thick beer goggles to mistake Locke for Sawyer, Jack or Sayid. Chite even Hurley's sexier than that. Least with Hurley you could find a fold in a pinch."

'Yeah, well I gotta a call into the Canadian Authorities. If she crosses over we got a nice padded room in Bellevue for her. Okay, Later man, and much love."

"Peace Out!"

Was this number 8?

ForeverAutumn
03-18-2010, 10:32 AM
SPLARRRRRRFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worf. You owe me a new keyboard. I just spewed ginger-ale all over mine. Now some of the keys are starting to stick.

Kam
03-18-2010, 10:36 AM

"Peace Out!"

"Yyyyyello?, Heyyyy Worfster! How are ya? Sure, anytime. Problem? Great something with good 'ol Short Skirt again?"

"Hmmm not Short Skirt, that's disturbing... is it a problem with Nickles or Tex?"

"No, I haven't had a chance to read it, what did she say?"

"JOHN Locke?"

"As in John Locke from Lost with the new manboobs?"

"I thought she was on the Sawyer/Sayid bandwagon?"

"Hahahahaha. You're nasty. (beat) Hahahahaha."

"Yeah that's a crazy one alright... Hey waita..."

Click.

"Dammit... hung up on me.. probably taking a dump reading some West Coast Avengers..."

Worf101
03-18-2010, 01:39 PM
"Yyyyyello?, Heyyyy Worfster! How are ya? Sure, anytime. Problem? Great something with good 'ol Short Skirt again?"

"Hmmm not Short Skirt, that's disturbing... is it a problem with Nickles or Tex?"

"No, I haven't had a chance to read it, what did she say?"

"JOHN Locke?"

"As in John Locke from Lost with the new manboobs?"

"I thought she was on the Sawyer/Sayid bandwagon?"

"Hahahahaha. You're nasty. (beat) Hahahahaha."

"Yeah that's a crazy one alright... Hey waita..."

Click.

"Dammit... hung up on me.. probably taking a dump reading some West Coast Avengers..."

Well played indeed sir. Nice return of service. Of course you know we can never cross the Canadian Border again don't you? Thanks for playing DUCK!!!!

Worf

Worf101
03-18-2010, 01:42 PM
SPLARRRRRRFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worf. You owe me a new keyboard. I just spewed ginger-ale all over mine. Now some of the keys are starting to stick.
Splarrrrrrffff? New one on me, or should I say new one on keyboard. I'm sorry (Worf crosses fingers and toes) but that comment just struck me as so..... so..... outrageous that I had to do sumthin'. Boy am I glad you've an over developed sense of humor!!! Now if you'll put down that pistol, butcher knife and shotgun we'll be jake.

Worf

Worf101
03-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Was this number 8?
Ask Jacob next time he comes round.

Worf

Hyfi
03-18-2010, 01:47 PM

OK, I am watching the movie tonight. I'm curious now.

Kam
03-18-2010, 09:00 PM
OK, I am watching the movie tonight. I'm curious now.

i haven't seen that movie in quite a very long time, and yet im still haunted by...

"there's a dog loose in the woods....there's a dog loose in the woods..."

i can still hear that line.

great movie!

Hyfi
03-19-2010, 03:09 AM
i haven't seen that movie in quite a very long time, and yet im still haunted by...

"there's a dog loose in the woods....there's a dog loose in the woods..."

i can still hear that line.

great movie!

I still need some time to process the movie. I guess I'm a bit dense as I just don't get it. Maybe if one does not read the book it doesn't make sense.

I understand that one had a correct premonition that bad was coming, but that's when I got lost. It ended without ever tying together anything. It seemed to be just an aimless ramble of rabid rabbits.

Well, sorry to hijack this thread, carry on....

ForeverAutumn
03-19-2010, 05:41 AM
I still need some time to process the movie. I guess I'm a bit dense as I just don't get it. Maybe if one does not read the book it doesn't make sense.

I understand that one had a correct premonition that bad was coming, but that's when I got lost. It ended without ever tying together anything. It seemed to be just an aimless ramble of rabid rabbits.

Well, sorry to hijack this thread, carry on....

I bought the DVD for my niece a year or two ago. I'll be seeing her next weekend and I think that I'll ask to borrow it. It's also been a very long time since I've seen it.

Read the book!

ForeverAutumn
03-19-2010, 05:49 AM
Splarrrrrrffff? New one on me, or should I say new one on keyboard. I'm sorry (Worf crosses fingers and toes) but that comment just struck me as so..... so..... outrageous that I had to do sumthin'. Boy am I glad you've an over developed sense of humor!!! Now if you'll put down that pistol, butcher knife and shotgun we'll be jake.

Worf

What can I say, I have a soft spot for bald men with great smiles. Add those piercing green eyes and his newly found confidence and we have a winner. Man-boobs asides (are those new this season?), I think Locke has a certain sex appeal. He's not eye candy like Sawyer, Sayid, Jack, and Jin. But as an older man, he's alright.

I'll put the knife down if you'll stop telling me when you're heading to the terlet for a crap. :frown2:

Hyfi
03-19-2010, 07:42 AM
What can I say, I have a soft spot for bald men with great smiles.

Thats me!

ForeverAutumn
03-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Thats me!

Bald. Not balding. You gotta shave it all off and be a cue-ball baby. :wink5:

Hyfi
03-19-2010, 10:09 AM
I bought the DVD for my niece a year or two ago. I'll be seeing her next weekend and I think that I'll ask to borrow it. It's also been a very long time since I've seen it.

Read the book!

Or anyone can watch it here

http://watchmovie247.com/watership-down-youtube-full-movie/

ForeverAutumn
03-23-2010, 09:27 AM
This is an interesting article outlining 25 important Lost moments. It includes some forgotten (to me) facts and a couple of interesting theories. What I found most interesting is that Ben was never intended to be a permanent character on the show. He had played such an integral part of the story that it’s hard for me to imagine what the story would look like without him.

http://shows.ctv.ca/Lost/article/The-25-most-essential-island-moments-on-Lost#c_1

Kam
03-23-2010, 10:02 AM
This is an interesting article outlining 25 important Lost moments. It includes some forgotten (to me) facts and a couple of interesting theories. What I found most interesting is that Ben was never intended to be a permanent character on the show. He had played such an integral part of the story that it’s hard for me to imagine what the story would look like without him.

http://shows.ctv.ca/Lost/article/The-25-most-essential-island-moments-on-Lost#c_1

whew, that takes ya back!

i hope desmond/penny get back into the storyline. they really have the best couples-story on the island, at least main one. i did like the rose-bernard story as well as a great 'secondary' couples-story. the jack-kate-sawyer-juliet love quadrangle just got kinda dull to me, after all the secrets and deceptions i just don't like kate much anymore, and jack just needs to nut up or shut up. i like a good character arc as much as the next guy, but he seriously needs to cowboy up and stop being the whiny doc.

especially as badass as he started out with that story about the girl whose spine he fixed and had her nerves spill out like angel hair pasta and gave himself a count of 10 to be scared and then just fixed it all up. seems like he's been taking the last Four seasons to count to 10 now.

Worf101
03-23-2010, 10:46 AM
whew, that takes ya back!

i hope desmond/penny get back into the storyline. they really have the best couples-story on the island, at least main one. i did like the rose-bernard story as well as a great 'secondary' couples-story. the jack-kate-sawyer-juliet love quadrangle just got kinda dull to me, after all the secrets and deceptions i just don't like kate much anymore, and jack just needs to nut up or shut up. i like a good character arc as much as the next guy, but he seriously needs to cowboy up and stop being the whiny doc.

especially as badass as he started out with that story about the girl whose spine he fixed and had her nerves spill out like angel hair pasta and gave himself a count of 10 to be scared and then just fixed it all up. seems like he's been taking the last Four seasons to count to 10 now.
SPEWWWWW That one sent coffee into the next Cubicle. I'm rolling here, I'm dyin! ROTFLMBBAO!!!!! You're killin me.

Worf

Kam
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM
i wonder if Richard will reveal he used to work as a photographer for a magazine...

ForeverAutumn
03-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Halfway through this episodes and olyHay uckFay! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Kam
03-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Halfway through this episodes and olyHay uckFay! That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

srsly, how cool would it be if Jacob was the devil and Smokey was the good guy all this time. :D

EDIT: well it'd still be cool if Jacob was Cerberus.

ForeverAutumn
03-23-2010, 06:10 PM
What an episode! That's what I've been waiting for all season.

Answers, questions, twists, turns, upside-down-flip-rubble-double-cakes. And I even managed to shed a tear. I hate that this show is ending.

Kam
03-23-2010, 06:15 PM
What an episode! That's what I've been waiting for all season.

Answers, questions, twists, turns, upside-down-flip-rubble-double-cakes. And I even managed to shed a tear. I hate that this show is ending.

shed a tear as well over here at that last scene with his wife and hugo. so well written. and yet another couple i care more about than jack-kate-sawyer-random girl.

and i got chills with hugo's last line... soooooo good!

ForeverAutumn
03-23-2010, 06:19 PM
I agree totally with the Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Whoever comment. I still like Sawyer, but I'm so done with Kate and Jack.

I found it interesting that these six appear to be the final group of candidates. So I'm now predicting that the season finale will name the candidate. I vote for Hurley. He may have spent time in a loony bin, but he's still the most level headed of the bunch.

The only thing that I have trouble with is the Black Rock taking out a mega statue. That must've been one hell of a wave to down a statue and put the ship in the jungle.

I loved when the MIB said to Richard, "nice to see you out of your chains". LOL'd at that. :)

Kam
03-23-2010, 06:30 PM
I agree totally with the Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Whoever comment. I still like Sawyer, but I'm so done with Kate and Jack.

I found it interesting that these six appear to be the final group of candidates. So I'm now predicting that the season finale will name the candidate. I vote for Hurley. He may have spent time in a loony bin, but he's still the most level headed of the bunch.

The only thing that I have trouble with is the Black Rock taking out a mega statue. That must've been one hell of a wave to down a statue and put the ship in the ocean.

I loved when the MIB said to Richard, "nice to see you out of your chains". LOL'd at that. :)

yeah i thought that musta been one heckuva tsunami for the Black Rock to hit the statue, break it to bits, and then land deep in the jungle!

now i can't remember who said it, and what it was in reference to, but what was that "what is buried at the foot of the statue?" question about? was it about richard's cross? what was that rock thingy he buried it at?

ForeverAutumn
03-23-2010, 06:37 PM
The question is, What lies in the shadow of the statue?

According to Lostpedia, the answer is, "Ille qui nos omnes servabat", which is Latin for "He who will save us all".

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/What_lies_in_the_shadow_of_the_statue

If the Black Rock hit the statue that hard, why didn't it break into little smithereens?

Also, the MIB breaking the wine bottle at the end was totally predictible.

Kam
03-23-2010, 06:40 PM
The question is, What lies in the shadow of the statue?

According to Lostpedia, the answer is, "Ille qui nos omnes servabat", which is Latin for "He who will save us all".

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/What_lies_in_the_shadow_of_the_statue

If the Black Rock hit the statue that hard, why didn't it break into little smithereens?

Also, the MIB breaking the wine bottle at the end was totally predictible.

i figured at that height, it couldn't be that sturdy. if the black rock hit that high, just might have been enough to break Anubis' ankle and topple him over. what doesn't make sense is WHERE is the rest of Anubis? Unless it did get smashed into lil bits, it should be laying around there right?

ForeverAutumn
03-23-2010, 06:43 PM
If you rewatch the scene where Ricardo (:)) goes to the statue to find Jacob, you can see the bulk of Anubis lying in the ocean in several large pieces. I suppose that 150 years in the water would have turned it into sand by now.

thekid
03-23-2010, 07:12 PM
After floundering a bit the last 2 episodes they got back on track tonight. I'm still thinking that Jacob and "smoke monster" are related - brothers even.

kexodusc
03-24-2010, 03:37 AM
I think with all the dynamite on the Black Rock, that statue would blow up pretty good...And 100 year old sand stone statues aren't exactly earthquake proof, reinforced structures, Tsunami's can take down modern buildings with just the impact of water...throw a big wood and iron ship on there and she's comin' down.

Very cool episode...I guess we kinda know why Jacob doesn't talk to the others.

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2010, 05:54 AM
I think with all the dynamite on the Black Rock, that statue would blow up pretty good...

And not blow up the ship carrying the dynamite in the process?

I agree that a strong tsunami could bring down the statue. I was in Cozumel a few years ago and saw first hand what a hurricane can do. Water and wind combined is some scary ****.

kexodusc
03-24-2010, 06:41 AM
And not blow up the ship carrying the dynamite in the process?
Ummm...errr...Yes, that's correct.:thumbsup: Maybe the dynamite fell out of the ship on to the statue at precisely the....

I agree that a strong tsunami could bring down the statue. I was in Cozumel a few years ago and saw first hand what a hurricane can do. Water and wind combined is some scary ****.
I don't think the ship is unscathed - seems to me there's a big hole in the hull somewhere where it must have made some contact.

How far was the ship thrown though that they never saw that part of the beach?

Worf101
03-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Some effin' answers to all this crap. Well it's kinda strange that all this basically boils down to is a gussied up version of "The Sentinel"! Candidate to guard the entrance to hell/prevent hell from breaking loose. Jacob does talk "like God" in that he expects/wants us to do the right thing for "rights sake" but doesn't want to "pitch - in" except in subtle ways and through Human intermediaries.

1. If Jacob can so ably defend himself, he kicked the snot out of Rickey Ricardo last night, why did he let sniveling Ben slice and dice? Was he just that weary and wanting a replacement that he did the dirty deed?

2. Who is that half nekid blonde boy in the woods? A younger Jacob? Aaron? WTF?

3. Like FA I think Hurley would be a great choice for the new guardian. Jack's too effin' stupid, Kate's too flawed, Sawyer's possible. Sayid is gone. Sun and Jin need one another too much, Miles? Not a candidate I suppose. Ben, too compromised.

4. When do Whiddy and Smokey lock horns? Does Locke want to sacrifice everyone before lending a hand?

Well, hang on it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Worf

PS With ALL the red herrings and physical incongruities in this show you expect the smashing of a stone statue by a wooden ship to "make sense"?

kexodusc
03-24-2010, 09:39 AM
PS With ALL the red herrings and physical incongruities in this show you expect the smashing of a stone statue by a wooden ship to "make sense"?
Hells yeah! Time travel is OK, but wood breaking rock? C'mon, you're sending me to Plot Hole city, brah!

Kam
03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
geebus worf, enough with the questions already. here are your dalmation answers!

1. Because he didn't believe Ben would. No, he thought Ben would not kill him, up until the moment he did. OR did he? i think Ben just obi-wan'ned Jacob into the Force.

2. a young Zach Morris. how ya like 'dem apples?

3. the next candidates name will have an "E" in it.

4. in four episodes. yes.

Kam
03-24-2010, 11:55 AM
also... a good indicator of anything Of the Island causing hell if released to the real world... when Hurley played the Numbers as the lotto and all the problems that caused.

wonder how the Cork theory explains the no-baby-born issue?
(edit: but for Aaron... maybe he'll be the next candidate?)

(edit2: speaking of candidates, just out of curiosity, as this has nothing to do with anything, but was there a "0" on the lighthouse wheel? or a "360" or i wonder if that'd be the same person, or twins. or what if a twin was a candidate? would the other twin then be a candidate for Smokey's position?)

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
wonder how the Cork theory explains the no-baby-born issue?
(edit: but for Aaron... maybe he'll be the next candidate?)

But the no-baby thing was a more recent development on the island wasn't it? Chronologically, what we know is that Ellie was pregnant with Daniel and lived to give birth to him. And it appears that the Dharma people had babies without issue. So the problem came with The Others.

Maybe it was a side effect of the the gas that Ben released in the air to kill all the Dharma people. Just a thought.

Kam
03-24-2010, 12:10 PM
But the no-baby thing was a more recent development on the island wasn't it? Chronologically, what we know is that Ellie was pregnant with Daniel and lived to give birth to him. And it appears that the Dharma people had babies without issue. So the problem came with The Others.

Maybe it was a side effect of the the gas that Ben released in the air to kill all the Dharma people. Just a thought.

ohhh yeah, could also be a sign of some of those Incidents releasing a lil hell on the island that caused the no-baby issue too. maybe the first incident was the point after which no baby could be born?

ForeverAutumn
03-24-2010, 12:26 PM
ohhh yeah, could also be a sign of some of those Incidents releasing a lil hell on the island that caused the no-baby issue too. maybe the first incident was the point after which no baby could be born?

Could be. Could be.

ForeverAutumn
03-31-2010, 04:17 PM
What the hell? I'm away for 24 hours after the airing of a new episode and there are NO posts? I'm all ready to jump into the fascinating conversation that you all are having with my clever and undisputable theories, only nobody is here.

WHERE IS EVERYONE?! C'mon you can't all be Jewish and stuck at a Sedar last night.

Alright then, I'll just talk to myself.

"Gee FA, bet you didn't think that Keamy was such a romantic, eh?"

"No FA, you're right I wouldn't have thought that about him".

"Didn't you think it was funny and ironic that Jin shot the Russian guy in the eye?"

"Yes, I did think that. I also found it very interesting that Jin and Sun weren't married. I wonder what will happen to her. And did you notice that when Jin was on the sub with Widmore and looking at the pictures on Sun's camera, the Happy Birthday sign on the wall was in English? Was that a continuity error do you think...considering that they were in Korea?"

"Oh, good catch FA. I didn't notice that. But you know what I did notice...in the previously on Lost segment at the beginning...Hurley tells Richard that his wife said that he can't let The Man In Black get off the island. I found it interesting that she would refer to him as The Man In Black and not by his name (whatever it may be)".

Kam
03-31-2010, 05:08 PM
What the hell? I'm away for 24 hours after the airing of a new episode and there are NO posts? I'm all ready to jump into the fascinating conversation that you all are having with my clever and undisputable theories, only nobody is here.

WHERE IS EVERYONE?! C'mon you can't all be Jewish and stuck at a Sedar last night.

Alright then, I'll just talk to myself.

"Gee FA, bet you didn't think that Keamy was such a romantic, eh?"

"No FA, you're right I wouldn't have thought that about him".

"Didn't you think it was funny and ironic that Jin shot the Russian guy in the eye?"

"Yes, I did think that. I also found it very interesting that Jin and Sun weren't married. I wonder what will happen to her. And did you notice that when Jin was on the sub with Widmore and looking at the pictures on Sun's camera, the Happy Birthday sign on the wall was in English? Was that a continuity error do you think...considering that they were in Korea?"

"Oh, good catch FA. I didn't notice that. But you know what I did notice...in the previously on Lost segment at the beginning...Hurley tells Richard that his wife said that he can't let The Man In Black get off the island. I found it interesting that she would refer to him as The Man In Black and not by his name (whatever it may be)".

guilty as charged!

so i guess that rules Sun off as a candidate. wonder if Un-Locke knows that they're not married, or at least knows that Sun isn't a candidate.

that was a great moment too with Jin looking through his kids pictures.

i figured that even if they were in korea for her birthday, that Sun would want to teach her english, given her own circumstances. i really like how they are interweaving the tales of everyone together with Jin in the freezer that we saw in the Sayid episode before. hope they mix the stories up more.

kexodusc
04-01-2010, 04:42 AM
I didn't get to see it until last night...

Pretty interesting stuff...Could Widmore be the good guy after all in a victory-at-all-cost context?
And Desmond is back, finally...what is "the Constant's" role in all this?

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2010, 05:08 AM
Desmond is back, but he didn't look too good. Why does Widmore need Desmond on the island?

Just thought of this...Widmore never approved of Desmond as a match for Penny. Could that be because he knew that Desmond's fate was on the Island and that it would only mean heartache for Penny? Perhaps his feelings about Desmond were never personal. He just knew that Desmond's future couldn't be with Penny.

Kam
04-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Desmond is back, but he didn't look too good. Why does Widmore need Desmond on the island?

Just thought of this...Widmore never approved of Desmond as a match for Penny. Could that be because he knew that Desmond's fate was on the Island and that it would only mean heartache for Penny? Perhaps his feelings about Desmond were never personal. He just knew that Desmond's future couldn't be with Penny.

oooo talk about a character re-evaluation! that would be pretty fantastic if the guy everyone hated turns out to be the only one who was really trying to hold the world together. that'd be fantastic commentary about what it takes and how you can be perceived for doing the right thing.

unless you're someone who would prefer to open the cork to hell and let it's fermented juicyness spill all over the world and stain all the white laundry.

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2010, 05:56 AM
open the cork to hell and let it's fermented juicyness spill all over the world and stain all the white laundry.

I hate when that happens! :mad5:

Worf101
04-01-2010, 03:24 PM
I find this discussion a whole lot more interesting than the episode. Didn't really answer any questions, Smelled like filler to me. I don't mind filler when you've got seasons to play with but not when the episodes left are in single digits! Grrrr.

Worf

Groundbeef
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I thought the baby was born in the USA. Didn't Sun meet Kate during a flashback? Or was that at a hotel?

I can't remember.

It was good. Not sure why Desmond was there.

kexodusc
04-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Think you're right Beefy, seem to recall Sun spending at least some time in the USA...

I thought it was an ok episode...reintroduced Widmore and Desmond, leading up to conclusion.

These parallel timeline stories...am I the only one who is almost completely disinterested in them? Mebbe that's gonna be the point of the show - they never crash on the island, their lives unfold differently but fate brings them all together in weird ways anyway? Lame.

There's something special about Desmond that is going to be revealed...guess we'll have to see.

Wonder if Walt or Michael make an appearance. And does Myles take Paulo and Nikki's diamonds???

kexodusc
04-01-2010, 05:18 PM
These parallel timeline stories...am I the only one who is almost completely disinterested in them? Mebbe that's gonna be the point of the show - they never crash on the island, their lives unfold differently but fate brings them all together in weird ways anyway? Lame.

Ok....if Arzt blows himself up in the chem lab with toluene I'll take it all back...that would be wicked.

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM

I agree. This season is a bit of a bore for me so far. There have been some good moments, but overall it's been a slow storyline compared to past seasons. I like the whole fate theme...that some of things that happen on the island happen in the Flash Sideways' too. Like, you can't escape your fate. But overall, it's just not exciting. I feel like we've gone from a full gallop to a crawl. I want to gallop again!

And does Myles take Paulo and Nikki's diamonds???

He already did. At the end of one of the episodes (I think the Ben-centric one) you saw him sitting on the beach and admiring a big diamond.

ForeverAutumn
04-01-2010, 06:30 PM
I thought the baby was born in the USA. Didn't Sun meet Kate during a flashback? Or was that at a hotel?

I can't remember.

I thought that she was living in Korea. Last season, wasn't she in Korea with her parents? Her mother looked after the baby and Sun bought up the shares of her Daddy's company. Wasn't she just visiting LA? She was in a hotel when Kate went to visit her.

I could be wrong though.

Kam
04-02-2010, 05:29 AM
I thought that she was living in Korea. Last season, wasn't she in Korea with her parents? Her mother looked after the baby and Sun bought up the shares of her Daddy's company. Wasn't she just visiting LA? She was in a hotel when Kate went to visit her.

I could be wrong though.

yeah i thought she was in a hotel too, and i can't remember where she left the kid when she went with the gang back to the island?

she didn't have the kid at the docks where she was going to kill Ben, did she? i know kate left aaron with his grandmother but what happenned to lil-jinsun? wouldn't that be weird if liljinsun grew up to actually be Sun in one of those weird paradoxes so it'd be the ultimate time paradox of someone giving birth to themself! haha.

that's pretty creepy actually.

GMichael
04-02-2010, 05:52 AM
I think that the storyline on the island and the alternate on the mainland will eventually end up in the same place. Both storylines will yielled the same results in the end.

Hyfi
04-02-2010, 08:03 AM
I think that the storyline on the island and the alternate on the mainland will eventually end up in the same place. Both storylines will yielled the same results in the end.

One big dream that never really happened at all.

I thought the Richard episode was one of the best overall.

GMichael
04-02-2010, 08:13 AM
One big dream that never really happened at all.

Or did it? :sosp:

I thought the Richard episode was one of the best overall.

I enjoyed that one too. At least there were more answers than questions in that one.

ForeverAutumn
04-02-2010, 09:29 AM
yeah i thought she was in a hotel too, and i can't remember where she left the kid when she went with the gang back to the island?

She didn't have the kid with her. She went to LA, I think to kill Ben IIRC. She left little Jinsun with her mother in Korea. There were scenes where Sun spoke to her daughter on the phone.

kexodusc
04-02-2010, 10:53 AM
She didn't have the kid with her. She went to LA, I think to kill Ben IIRC. She left little Jinsun with her mother in Korea. There were scenes where Sun spoke to her daughter on the phone.
Didn't 3 years pass between the Oceanic 6 getting rescued and returning to the island? Mebbe it was one of the other two birthdays...

ForeverAutumn
04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Tonight is about Desmond. I wonder if it will be a Flash Sideways (what was he doing on Oceanic 815?!) or whether we'll find out how (and why) he ended up Widmore's prisoner and back on the island.

Or...BOTH!

Kam
04-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Tonight is about Desmond. I wonder if it will be a Flash Sideways (what was he doing on Oceanic 815?!) or whether we'll find out how (and why) he ended up Widmore's prisoner and back on the island.

Or...BOTH!

i hope, the penny-desmond love story is my favorite relationship on the island. after paolo and nikki, of course.

ForeverAutumn
04-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Okay. Things are getting weird again. That's more like it. :D

Groundbeef
04-07-2010, 05:26 AM
Okay. Things are getting weird again. That's more like it. :D

Best episode I think so far this season. For some reason Desmond really makes a great episode.

And Charlie was excellent, as was Daniel.

I like how they were able to detect that somehow their 'reality' wasn't what it was supposed to be. And even stranger still was the fact that Mrs Widmore (I don't think she was Mrs Widmore before? Wasn't she just Widmores lover?) KNEW that Desmond was asking 'the wrong questions' and warned him away from Penny.

So the question is...does Desmond go with Sayid because he want's to throw a wrench in Widmore's 'plan' or what. And what 'Desmond' is on the island. Desmond from the Sideways Reality or Desmond from the 'real' reality?

All in all...excellent episode.

ForeverAutumn
04-07-2010, 06:14 AM
When Desmond went with Sayid, he seemed a little stunned to me. Like he didn't really know what he was doing and would have gone along with anything. "Sure Charles, I'll help you". "Sure Sayid, I'll come with you". "Sure FA, I'll make mad passionate love to you". (oops, that's my own little unreality :)).

He survived the electromagnetic thingy, but I don't think that he survived unscathed.

Groundbeef
04-07-2010, 06:19 AM
When Desmond went with Sayid, he seemed a little stunned to me. Like he didn't really know what he was doing and would have gone along with anything. "Sure Charles, I'll help you". "Sure Sayid, I'll come with you". "Sure FA, I'll make mad passionate love to you". (oops, that's my own little unreality :)).

He survived the electromagnetic thingy, but I don't think that he survived unscathed.

Quite the opposite. I think that the EMP thing 'linked' him to the sideways reality.

I think unlike the others he has an understanding of the parallels and the danger they are in.

I'm just not sure that he's in Widmore's camp, or understands what Sayid has become.

Secondly, if it's the Desmond of old he knows WHO Sayid 'was' but not who he is becoming. Therefore, he probably at this point trusts Sayid more than Widmore's lackeys.

PLUS, Cookie agrees with me. She thinks Widmore is trouble no matter what.

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu259/anonpix_photo/IMAG0050-1.jpg

ForeverAutumn
04-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Well, I would never doubt Cookie. Besides, she looks like she a little electromagnetic thingy going on herself. :D

Kam
04-07-2010, 06:43 AM
i agree with GB, i think Desmond is one the 'special' people that are linked through all timelines/dimensions. So Desmond has a knowing/feeling/memory/etc of each timeline and each eventuality and their outcomes. Just like he tried to prevent Charlie's death way back when, and how he wakes up between the flashbacks/sideways/forwards etc. with the knowledge/memory of the other side of things that he shouldn't have.

kexodusc
04-07-2010, 07:06 AM
i agree with GB, i think Desmond is one the 'special' people that are linked through all timelines/dimensions. So Desmond has a knowing/feeling/memory/etc of each timeline and each eventuality and their outcomes. Just like he tried to prevent Charlie's death way back when, and how he wakes up between the flashbacks/sideways/forwards etc. with the knowledge/memory of the other side of things that he shouldn't have.
Yep, and somehow the electromagnetic stuff bring out his abiltiy to see/recall events - the visions of the future being able to see Charlie's death happened after the hatch blew up, right?

Cool.....

Kam
04-07-2010, 07:09 AM
Yep, and somehow the electromagnetic stuff bring out his abiltiy to see/recall events - the visions of the future being able to see Charlie's death happened after the hatch blew up, right?

Cool.....

hmmmmm... and who else survived the hatch... Locke and Mr. Eko.

Smokey killed Eko and took over Locke. Looks like Desmond is the only one left that can defeat Smokey.

Kam
04-07-2010, 09:58 AM
and in my latest crazy out there theories...

Has Hugo ever been in a position where we ever thought he might have died?

Asking, because i think Jacob is inside Hugo the way Smokey is in Locke.

Kam
04-07-2010, 10:09 AM
and another:

What if Desmond gets the manifest, finds out who is who from the place, tracks down Jack, who is running stairs at the stadium where he met Penny (which was the stadium where he met Jack), and has the scene with him that we already saw them have. "See you in another lifetime, brother."

ForeverAutumn
04-07-2010, 10:40 AM
and another:

What if Desmond gets the manifest, finds out who is who from the place, tracks down Jack, who is running stairs at the stadium where he met Penny (which was the stadium where he met Jack), and has the scene with him that we already saw them have. "See you in another lifetime, brother."

You just freaked me out man! :eek6:

I kept waiting for Jack to show up running stairs in the background last night.

Kam
04-07-2010, 10:46 AM
You just freaked me out man! :eek6:

I kept waiting for Jack to show up running stairs in the background last night.

when ya throw enough clumps of wet tissue paper on the ceiling, one of 'em is bound to stick! :D

ForeverAutumn
04-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Can you say pre-dic-table? As soon as Ilana showed the dynamite in her bag and walked away from the group. knew she was about be blowed up real good. And Desmond being pushed into the well was obvious too.

ForeverAutumn
04-13-2010, 06:08 PM
The one question that has been haunting me. The one thing that I needed to have an answer to. The one thing that I’ve been waiting six years to know. And that’s it? A 20 second scene to say that the whispers are people in freakin’ purgatory?! Seriously?! Well that was disappointing. :mad2:

Groundbeef
04-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Locke looked good going over the hood of Desmonds car.

So here's the question. What happens if Locke dies? I don't think that he will but....

Also, I'm sure Desmond isn't going to die. I'll have more later.

Kam
04-14-2010, 06:09 AM
The one question that has been haunting me. The one thing that I needed to have an answer to. The one thing that I’ve been waiting six years to know. And that’s it? A 20 second scene to say that the whispers are people in freakin’ purgatory?! Seriously?! Well that was disappointing. :mad2:

yeah i think that was someone's prediction way back in one of our threads. geez. they must be watching our board... yeah... that's it.. bastardos. but i agree, that was pretty simple, quick, fast explanation.

but at least it's not everyone, since it's 'for what we've done' i think michael said. which is why libby hasn't shown up to hugo on the island.

and did ya catch Desmond's order number... #42. :D

I think since there is some connection between the two worlds, desmond wants to kill Locke in World Two because it might affect Smokey-Locke in World One. Kinda like Terminator time travel hit, but instead of travelling through time, it's through dimensions?

kexodusc
04-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Well, if it makes you feel better, it's not even really purgatory...just a similar concept only for bad-deed doin' island souls.

Yeah, that sounds soooo much better. :nonod:

ForeverAutumn
04-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Well, if it makes you feel better, it's not even really purgatory...just a similar concept only for bad-deed doin' island souls.

Yeah, that sounds soooo much better. :nonod:

So here's a question then...How did Richard's wife get there?

ForeverAutumn
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
OMG! I just had an epiphany!

The plane crashes on the island in 2004...stuff starts to happen. Or,

The plane lands safely in 2004 and Libby and Hurley start to have "memories" of stuff happening.

That means that Libby and Hurley's island memories are actually in the same timeframe as they are in LA. What if those "memories" are the real actions of their alternate island selves...happening at the exact same time of these so-called memories.

Hurley kisses Libby. At the same time, he has a "memory" of kissing Libby. But what if the kiss is happening at the exact same moment in both realities and Hurley is seeing the other kiss.

GMichael
04-14-2010, 07:54 AM
She didn't "get there". She was always there.:sosp:

Kam
04-14-2010, 08:05 AM
OMG! I just had an epiphany!

The plane crashes on the island in 2004...stuff starts to happen. Or,

The plane lands safely in 2004 and Libby and Hurley start to have "memories" of stuff happening.

That means that Libby and Hurley's island memories are actually in the same timeframe as they are in LA. What if those "memories" are the real actions of their alternate island selves...happening at the exact same time of these so-called memories.

Hurley kisses Libby. At the same time, he has a "memory" of kissing Libby. But what if the kiss is happening at the exact same moment in both realities and Hurley is seeing the other kiss.

so that would defn lead to an interesting fate/destiny issue about life, and if the same things happen no matter where you are, and the power of love to overcome cross dimensional islands holding back hell from entering the world.

speaking of, that Cerberus writing on the blacklight map in the hatch that Kevin (?that army guy that helped sayid from iraq) made sure makes more sense now, along with all the mythology surrounding it.

kexodusc
04-14-2010, 09:00 AM
She...uhh....hmmm....can't reconcile that one. I guess the deceased can visit the island somehow?
Obviously Hurley and Michael don't know all the details...Or the details were written on the back of a napkin.

I'm still thinking we're gonna see the real John Locke make a comeback appearance on the island and confront evil-Locke.

Kam
04-14-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm still thinking we're gonna see the real John Locke make a comeback appearance on the island and confront evil-Locke.

i read on another blog, from cnn, that one idea was Locke has been Smokey or "Smokey-infected" on the island for longer than we think. i.e. longer than since he took over since Ben killed Locke.

Kinda like how Sayid has been 'tainted' since being revived, so was Locke.

ForeverAutumn
04-14-2010, 09:56 AM
i read on another blog, from cnn, that one idea was Locke has been Smokey or "Smokey-infected" on the island for longer than we think. i.e. longer than since he took over since Ben killed Locke.

Kinda like how Sayid has been 'tainted' since being revived, so was Locke.

You know, that makes sense when you think about it. Locke always had a strange relationship with Smokey. In S1 (I think) Smokey dragged Locke through the jungle but didn't hurt him. Locke has stared Smokey down. And Locke has done several things to try to keep people from leaving the Island including blowing up the submarine that Jack was supposed to leave on.

Locke has always been connected to the island.

I'm going to take this one step further. What if Locke died in the crash and Smokey took over his body from day one. That's why Locke could walk. When he left the island via the Donkey Wheel perhaps that created a new 'alternate Locke'. Just like we have two realities for everyone right now (on the island and in the FS), there were two Locke's... Smokey on the island and Alternate Locke off the island.

When Ben killed Locke, he killed Alternate Locke. They took that body back to the Island, where Smokey Locke was waiting for their return. Notice that Smokey Locke never tried to hide Locke's dead body from anyone. I'm sure that he could have claimed the body after the crash and destroyed it. But he didn't care about that. He was never really trying to hide or deny that he isn't really Locke. He posed as Locke while he could because people trusted him and I'm sure it helped him to gain information about them that he can (and will) use in the future. But when he couldn't do it anymore he just stopped.

Oh man, I am on a roll today! :thumbsup:

Kam
04-14-2010, 10:04 AM
You know, that makes sense when you think about it. Locke always had a strange relationship with Smokey. In S1 (I think) Smokey dragged Locke through the jungle but didn't hurt him. Locke has stared Smokey down. And Locke has done several things to try to keep people from leaving the Island including blowing up the submarine that Jack was supposed to leave on.

Locke has always been connected to the island.

I'm going to take this one step further. What if Locke died in the crash and Smokey took over his body from day one. That's why Locke could walk. When he left the island via the Donkey Wheel perhaps that created a new 'alternate Locke'. Just like we have two realities for everyone right now (on the island and in the FS), there were two Locke's... Smokey on the island and Alternate Locke off the island.

When Ben killed Locke, he killed Alternate Locke. They took that body back to the Island, where Smokey Locke was waiting for their return. Notice that Smokey Locke never tried to hide Locke's dead body from anyone. I'm sure that he could have claimed the body after the crash and destroyed it. But he didn't care about that. He was never really trying to hide or deny that he isn't really Locke. He posed as Locke while he could because people trusted him and I'm sure it helped him to gain information about them that he can (and will) use in the future. But when he couldn't do it anymore he just stopped.

Oh man, I am on a roll today! :thumbsup:

i was thinking that too, that Smokey took over Locke from the first episode, but then we did see the two of them together? didn't we? or... is it a case, and a freakin' brilliant one at that, of the "Untrustworthy Narrator". We just saw the camera's POV of what we thought was smokey staring down Locke. But have we ever seen Locke with Smokey, by themselves? Like Smokey with Eko, Smokey with Ben, etc. etc. Kinda like a clark-superman thing, I don't think we've ever seen Locke alone with Smokey, because unless he was putting on a show for someone, there'd be no reason for him to.

The scene where Smokey was dragging Locke off was done in front of Jack, so that could make sense that he wanted to test Jack, or make sure no one was making the connection that Locke was Smokey. And the entire time he was "week willed/doubting" Locke was all an act by Smokey, until he no longer needed to keep up the charade?

The one thing that pops to mind though, is Locke being alone on the hatch yelling for a sign. Would Smokey do that?

[On a side note, every time i take a cab here, when the ride is over, the sound the meter makes when it's printing out the receipt is EXACTLY like the whirs/clicks of smokey. It's pretty cool.]

ForeverAutumn
04-14-2010, 10:37 AM
The one thing that pops to mind though, is Locke being alone on the hatch yelling for a sign. Would Smokey do that?

You're an actor. Don't you ever stay in character to keep the momentum going?

:lol:

Actually, that's a good point. Would Smokey do that? I don't know.

Kam
04-14-2010, 10:48 AM
You're an actor. Don't you ever stay in character to keep the momentum going?

:lol:

Actually, that's a good point. Would Smokey do that? I don't know.

although, it could still work... if you think of the actions with Locke in mind, then the sign he's looking for is for his belief to be verified. if you're thinking that's Smokey, then the sign is that loophole he wants. And maybe the light coming on reminds him that Desmond is his loophole?

ForeverAutumn
04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
But is Desmond the loophole? It seems to me that things are squaring up for Desmond to be the guy who's trying to close the loophole (i.e. running over Locke).

Kam
04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
But is Desmond the loophole? It seems to me that things are squaring up for Desmond to be the guy who's trying to close the loophole (i.e. running over Locke).

which would still make him the key to Smokey taking over, even if Smokey has to stop Desmond from stopping his loophole. i think? right? yeah. that's right.

ForeverAutumn
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Ohhhhhhh. Suuuuure. Confuse me with the double negative whammy! :crazy:

Kam
04-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Ohhhhhhh. Suuuuure. Confuse me with the double negative whammy! :crazy:

unless it was just that Locke was tainted until the hatch explosion, and that's when smokey took him over permanently?

it does seem to make sense though, that at some point before we realized it, Smokey was in Locke.

(ewwww, not that way you disgusting minded people!)

Worf101
04-16-2010, 05:40 AM
The occurances in the two time lines are working on a parallel track.

1. Since being bombarded Desmond has the power, like Jacob did, operate outside the boundaries of space/time and keep his sanity and nose from bleeding.

2. Desmond is tying up loose ends in the non-crash world. Hence Libby and Hurly. He ran over Locke not to kill him but to have him rushed to the hospital so Jack can operate and CURE him.

3. Is Desmond now, like Jacob in the past, manipulating the lives of Oceanic 6 in this timeline to reconcile the two worlds?

4. Preview looks like a bad acid trip. Anyone know where I can score a tab of the Owlsley?

5. Is the half nekid jungle boy Jacob's previous iterations? Jacob regenerating into manhood just in time to stop Smokey from getting off the Island?

6. Why's Richard become such a ditz all of a sudden.

7. When do we get back to the Sawyer, Freckles cops and robbers thread?

Enquiring minds wanna know.

Worf

Kam
04-16-2010, 06:32 AM

1. Since being bombarded Desmond has the power, like Jacob did, operate outside the boundaries of space/time and keep his sanity and nose from bleeding.

2. Desmond is tying up loose ends in the non-crash world. Hence Libby and Hurly. He ran over Locke not to kill him but to have him rushed to the hospital so Jack can operate and CURE him.

3. Is Desmond now, like Jacob in the past, manipulating the lives of Oceanic 6 in this timeline to reconcile the two worlds?

4. Preview looks like a bad acid trip. Anyone know where I can score a tab of the Owlsley?

5. Is the half nekid jungle boy Jacob's previous iterations? Jacob regenerating into manhood just in time to stop Smokey from getting off the Island?

Worf

I think it'd be pretty cool if Desmond was linked through both timelines and is influencing one to make things "right" which really makes things interesting as to who's to say which is the 'right' timeline versus the 'wrong' one.

although i guess whichever timeline ends up with hell being unleashed on earth prolly isn't the right one.

GMichael
04-16-2010, 06:39 AM

Worf

That's some nifty driving there. Drive through him just enough to have Locke get injured but not too much to kill him.

Kam
04-16-2010, 06:46 AM
That's some nifty driving there. Drive through him just enough to have Locke get injured but not too much to kill him.

The DMV offers a course in that technique.

GMichael
04-16-2010, 06:56 AM
The DMV offers a course in that technique.

I took that class but failed. :19:

ForeverAutumn
04-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Smokey was Christian! I was right. :)

15 minutes into the show chills went down my spine as Locke/Smokey said, "Well, here we go". That line marks the beginning of the end, I think.

ForeverAutumn
04-21-2010, 05:38 AM
So, when Sun and Jin reunited did anyone else think that one of them was going to get fried by the fence?

I loved hearing Smokey talk about Locke. "he was a sucker". LOL!

I think that in the F-S it's Desmond job to tie up loose ends and help the Losties help each other reach happy conclusions. So far he's connected Jack and Claire and made sure that they know that they are brother and sister. He's connected Jack and Locke, presumably to "fix" Locke. And he's brought Libby and Hurley together.

My prediction for the Claire/Aaron story. Claire inherits money, finds her brother who offers to provide emotional support and a family, and she ends up keeping Aaron.

Kam
04-21-2010, 06:22 AM
So, when Sun and Jin reunited did anyone else think that one of them was going to get fried by the fence?

I think that in the F-S it's Desmond job to tie up loose ends and help the Losties help each other reach happy conclusions. So far he's connected Jack and Claire and made sure that they know that they are brother and sister. He's connected Jack and Locke, presumably to "fix" Locke. And he's brought Libby and Hurley together.

My prediction for the Claire/Aaron story. Claire inherits money, finds her brother who offers to provide emotional support and a family, and she ends up keeping Aaron.

actually when they were hugging, i thought Smokey might rain all hell fire down on the beach, and it looked like Jin was inside the fence and Sun was outside, so they'd be split up again. but... didn't happen.

and while i don't think he did, it'd be one helluva twist if sayid actually did kill desmond, but i really think that'd suck if he did. They sure set it up perfectly with that question desmond asked sayid, that was just fantastic writing i think. love it when a story puts a character in such a horrible bind, but then finds a real, plausible way for them to escape, rather than a cheesy dues ex machina method of escape.

i like how there's a war brewing between smokey and widmore, at the same time as the war brewing between the two timelines, as if one reality if fighting for dominance over the other reality.

GMichael
04-21-2010, 06:57 AM

I thought they were both going to fry. I was yelling, "no.. NO..." Then nothing happened.

Locke was a sucker. Glad someone said it.

Hey Worf,

You seem to have got the whole Desmond running Locke down so that Jack could fix his back thing right. Nice job, but I still think that's a nifty bit of driving to pull off.

Worf101
04-21-2010, 08:35 AM
I thought they were both going to fry. I was yelling, "no.. NO..." Then nothing happened.

Locke was a sucker. Glad someone said it.

Hey Worf,

You seem to have got the whole Desmond running Locke down so that Jack could fix his back thing right. Nice job, but I still think that's a nifty bit of driving to pull off.
Thanks for the love. It's obvious our Canadian friend didn't read my post. LOL!!!

Worf

ForeverAutumn
04-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the love. It's obvious our Canadian friend didn't read my post. LOL!!!

Worf

That was, like, a whole week ago! How am I supposed to remember that?!

Hehe. Sorry buddy, didn't mean to steal your theory. Nice job.

Worf101
04-21-2010, 08:49 AM
Okay some thoughts and questions.

1. While Whiddy obviously thinks he can keep Smokey out with his Technology, does he really think he can kill him with guided missles?

2.. The Island, obviously NOT done with Jack yet, keeps him from being smooshed to Jacks Apple Sauce by missles from space!

3. There's being with Locke and being WITH Locke. I know Claire and Sayid were WITH Locke, but I don't think Jack ever will.

4. Again, since it's moved twice, how in god's name did Whiddy FIND the Island? Desmond's homing ability?

5. So in the end are we going to have Locke and Jack, sitting on the Beach like Jacob and Black Shirt, watching the ships roll in?

Worf

GMichael
04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Okay some thoughts and questions.

1. While Whiddy obviously thinks he can keep Smokey out with his Technology, does he really think he can kill him with guided missles?
But doesn't he only need to kill one of the choosen few to stop him? Didn't Locke say that they all need to leave together?

2.. The Island, obviously NOT done with Jack yet, keeps him from being smooshed to Jacks Apple Sauce by missles from space!
Locke needed to save him. See above.

3. There's being with Locke and being WITH Locke. I know Claire and Sayid were WITH Locke, but I don't think Jack ever will.
Locke is not my type. I would never be with him. I doubt Jack will either.

4. Again, since it's moved twice, how in god's name did Whiddy FIND the Island? Desmond's homing ability?

The writers wrote it in that way.

5. So in the end are we going to have Locke and Jack, sitting on the Beach like Jacob and Black Shirt, watching the ships roll in?

Worf

Maybe so....

Edit: Hey! This was my 12,000 post.

Kam
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM

Worf
actually wouldn't it be cool if it was Sawyer and Jack sitting on the beach like jacob and smokey did... where Sawyer wants so desperately to get off the island, and jack is at peace with staying on the island....

ForeverAutumn
04-21-2010, 10:27 AM
I like the idea of the end being Jack and Locke sitting on the beach. Smokey now locked (get it?) into John's body. All through the series Jack wanted to get off the island and Locke wanted to stay. I think it would make for good irony to have the roles reversed (even if it's not really Locke).

Worf101
04-21-2010, 10:39 AM
That was, like, a whole week ago! How am I supposed to remember that?!

Hehe. Sorry buddy, didn't mean to steal your theory. Nice job.
If you weren't such a nice person and your Ginny Piguses weren't so "cute". I'd be mad. But since you're good people and mentally twisted like the rest of us... I'll let it slide. :D

Worf

Worf101
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
I like the idea of the end being Jack and Locke sitting on the beach. Smokey now locked (get it?) into John's body. All through the series Jack wanted to get off the island and Locke wanted to stay. I think it would make for good irony to have the roles reversed (even if it's not really Locke).
Now THAT would be awesome!!!!!! What a mind **** that would be. But I personally wouldn't want that to happen to Sawyer. In the end, he's a much victim as perp. He deserves a break.

Worf

Kam
04-29-2010, 06:39 AM
I hate repeat weeks.

But that was the best episode.

ForeverAutumn
04-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I hate repeat weeks.

But that was the best episode.

Agreed. And the info at the bottom of the screen actually had a few good tidbits in it.

I have a lot of questions about Ilana and her relationship with Jacob that I suspect won't get answered in the 3.5 hours of real time that is left. (5 hours minus commercials). Like why was she all beat up and in a Russian hospital?

Next episode is called The Candidate. Perhaps it will shed some light on what the hell is going on!

Worf101
05-04-2010, 03:57 AM
Do we get something new here this evening or more "retreadage"? Hunh? Henh? Mmmmm?

Worf

ForeverAutumn
05-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Do we get something new here this evening or more "retreadage"? Hunh? Henh? Mmmmm?

Worf

It's all new from tonight right up to the end (in only three weeks!!!!).

ForeverAutumn
05-04-2010, 05:53 PM
:sad: I don't like this show anymore! :sad:

Kam
05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
damn that sun-jin moment was heart wrenching. :(