To BowiE or not to BowiE. What would you do? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : To BowiE or not to BowiE. What would you do?

ForeverAutumn
03-29-2004, 03:39 PM
Here's the situation. Bowie is in town on Thursday. It's a rescheduled show from December. The friend that I was supposed to go with has ditched me in favour of a last minute deal to Cuba. But she did find someone to take her ticket. Someone that I've never met.

I have three choices.

1) Since I can't find anyone else who wants to pay 100 clams for her ticket I can go with my husband. He'll come with me, but he doesn't really want to and then we're out another $100 for her ticket.
2) I can go with her friend who I've never met.
3) Her friend will take both tickets and will pay me face value for mine.

I've already made my decision. I'm just curious how you would handle this. Please discuss amongst yourselves. :)

Finch Platte
03-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Here's the situation. Bowie is in town on Thursday. It's a rescheduled show from December. The friend that I was supposed to go with has ditched me in favour of a last minute deal to Cuba. But she did find someone to take her ticket. Someone that I've never met.

I have three choices.

1) Since I can't find anyone else who wants to pay 100 clams for her ticket I can go with my husband. He'll come with me, but he doesn't really want to and then we're out another $100 for her ticket.

I've already made my decision. I'm just curious how you would handle this. Please discuss amongst yourselves. :)

Option 4? What about that Elf Pee guy????

Whatever you do, don't renege on the show. Have you seen him before? See him again!

My vote? Take hubby. Tell him I said it'll be well worth it. Plus, you may be able to convince Barry to change that hairstyle he's had forever in favor of something Thin White Duke-ish. ;)

ep

BarryL
03-29-2004, 03:55 PM

I have three choices.

This one's easy.

I'd buy the ticket from the friend and give it to BarryL as part of his birthday present. They you and he could go see Bowie and have a great time together.

I'm sure that he would pay for parking, and perhaps dinner, but would probably hope that you drive him home so he doesn't have to take the subway and then not get enough beauty sleep overnight.

Hubby would be happy.
Friend of Cuban traveller would be happy.
BarryL would be happy.
FA would be happy.

It's a win-win-win-win for everyone.

On second thought, hubby wouldn't be happy.
FA wouldn't be happy (could use that cash for electronic goodies).

Final answer: go with hubby. Then you can both be unhappy together.

BarryL
03-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Option 4? WHat about that Elf Pee guy????

Whatever you do, don't renege on the show. Have you seen him before? See him again!

My vote? Take hubby. Tell him I said it'll be well worth it. Plus, you may be able to convince Barry to change that hairstyle he's had forever in favor of something Thin White Duke-ish. ;)

ep

No way dude. My hair is my life.

(and as it falls out, so my body and mind weaken, and I am one day closer to death)

Thin white duke? How "That '70s Show-ish."

Option four was to take me. But I see she didn't consider that to be a viable option.

Finch Platte
03-29-2004, 04:16 PM
No way dude. My hair is my life.

(and as it falls out, so my body and mind weaken, and I am one day closer to death)

Thin white duke? How "That '70s Show-ish."

Option four was to take me. But I see she didn't consider that to be a viable option.

I see from your answer you're not much of a Bowie fan, and don't want to be.

My option 4 is the correct answer, then.

ep

Dusty Chalk
03-29-2004, 04:48 PM
Wait, I can do this:

Take the alligator and the rock across the bridge. Leave both.
Return across the bridge empty-handed.
Take the duck across the bridge.
Bring back the duck and the alligator, leaving the rock
Take the duck across the bridge, leaving the alligator on the first side.
Bring back the rock.
Bring the rock and the alligator. You're done!

PS Bowie is great live, I've seen him several times at this point, and this is post-his golden period, so if you haven't seen him yet, take one of the options in which you get to see him.

BarryL
03-29-2004, 05:02 PM
Wait, I can do this:

Take the alligator and the rock across the bridge. Leave both.
Return across the bridge empty-handed.
Take the duck across the bridge.
Bring back the duck and the alligator, leaving the rock
Take the duck across the bridge, leaving the alligator on the first side.
Bring back the rock.
Bring the rock and the alligator. You're done!

I say, feed the duck to the gator and eat the gator. No wonder the tower was leaning.

(Must have learned this on TVC15)

Jim Clark
03-29-2004, 05:43 PM

I'm assuming the other person is of the female persuasion? Save money, perhaps make a new friend, and you're there to jam so who cares if you know the other person. You don't know the person on the other side of you but I bet that won't be a problem. You seem pretty adventurous to me, I'll bet your going with the stranger and will have a ball.

jc, the wise and powerful

For the official record I wouldn't pay a hundred dollars to see anyone but I'm a cheap and miserable stick in the mud.

Finch Platte
03-29-2004, 06:23 PM

I'm assuming the other person is of the female persuasion? Save money, perhaps make a new friend, and your there to jam so who cares if you know the other person. You don't know the person on the other side of you but I bet that won't be a problem. You seem pretty adventurous to me, I'll bet your going with the stranger and will have a ball.

jc, the wise and powerful

For the official record I wouldn't pay a hundred dollars to see anyone but I'm a cheap and miserable stick in the mud.

I'll be sending along this Shania Twain disc I found by the side of the road.

I can't believe it even plays in my CD player.

fp

Dave_G
03-29-2004, 06:59 PM
I'd take 100 beans anyday over seeing Bowie again, but I've seen him 3 times so I really can't vote, I didn't go for me, I went for the girl I was with.

Take that dough and buy 4 concert dvd's.

Or take your brother to dinner.

Dave

Troy
03-29-2004, 08:18 PM
#5- Sell the ticket and send me the hundred bucks.

Prolly won't go for that one . . .

However you cut it, go to the show.