U.S. to get best politicians money can buy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : U.S. to get best politicians money can buy

Feanor
01-23-2010, 03:25 AM
I noticed your Supreme Court decision: amazing. :frown2:

New York Times item (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/us/politics/22scotus.html?scp=1&sq=supreme%20court%20decision&st=Search)

Is this a foretaste of what a rampaging conservative Court will do? Time to kiss all progress and American democracy itself goodbye?

The world has to live with the outcome of U.S. elections. What hope in a world dominated by small minority of super-rich Americans?

JohnMichael
01-23-2010, 05:05 AM
Yes I am saddened by that decision. I can only imagine the future elected officials when big business starts throwing money their way. Of course I have often wondered about the idea that the super rich are running the world already.

When the rich become richer and the poor poorer while the middle class disappears how soon before a revolt. Feeling a little pessimistic with the news.

thekid
01-23-2010, 05:22 AM
A stunning defeat for campaign reform. I do not understand the logic that puts a corporation on the same standing as the voter. The voters (employees) of a corporation already have the right to select the candidates they choose to support with campaign contributions.

As there should be a separation of Church and State there should also be a separation of Business and State. Governments need to be involved in forming business policies but Business (including Labor unions) does not need to be involved in forming Government.

02audionoob
01-23-2010, 09:34 AM
I noticed your Supreme Court decision: amazing. :frown2:

New York Times item (http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/us/politics/22scotus.html?scp=1&sq=supreme%20court%20decision&st=Search)

Is this a foretaste of what a rampaging conservative Court will do? Time to kiss all progress and American democracy itself goodbye?

The world has to live with the outcome of U.S. elections. What hope in a world dominated by small minority of super-rich Americans?

Although you're apparently not smart enough to vote for a candidate who didn't have the most corporate financial backing, I think most people are.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-23-2010, 05:23 PM
The subject of this post should read "the most expensive politicians money can buy". because let's face it, money means the corporations can shout louder than the individual.

So much for (non) activist judges, this changes the entire balance of the game in American politics.