The new "Wolfman" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The new "Wolfman"

Worf101
01-19-2010, 06:30 AM
I don't know about you but this is one remake I'm JAZZED to see!. The previews have me stoked. A classic retelling of the old tale. Oooo Mamma buy me dat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKn_RbCAAek

Worf

dean_martin
01-19-2010, 08:04 AM
I was a huge fan of Universal horror (then later, Hammer) growing up. I'm looking forward to this one too.

dakatabg
01-19-2010, 10:23 AM
I like horror movies and this one looks pretty good so it has to be seen!

Gerald Cooperberg
01-19-2010, 11:23 AM
Whoa, I hadn't heard of this until right now. Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving... this definitely has potential, although the participation of director Joe "Jurassic Park III" Johnston doesn't exactly bode well. Still, I'll probably see it.

-Coop

Worf101
01-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Whoa, I hadn't heard of this until right now. Benicio Del Toro, Emily Blunt, Hugo Weaving... this definitely has potential, although the participation of director Joe "Jurassic Park III" Johnston doesn't exactly bode well. Still, I'll probably see it.

-Coop
You ole Horsethief!!!! When'd you make parole???? Good to see an ole friend, sit down compadre, have a drink. Let us tell tales of the old days. The time of high adventure!

Worf

Gerald Cooperberg
01-19-2010, 06:47 PM
You ole Horsethief!!!! When'd you make parole???? Good to see an ole friend, sit down compadre, have a drink. Let us tell tales of the old days. The time of high adventure!

Nah, still in the big house but my ol' lady baked me a cake with an iPhone hidden inside so I can keep up with yous guys. Luckily they got this new guy on the cell block Andy DuFresne who they let run a projector from time to time so we can still catch all the latest flicks.

-Coop

Mr Peabody
01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, they did a good job with the previews, I want to see it. Hope the movie lives up.

Troy
01-20-2010, 12:06 PM
The commercials make it look like a NIN video.

3LB
01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
the last werewolf movie I saw, "Wolf".

I'll see this one just to erase the stench of that Nicholson/Pfiefer turdbomb from my olfactory memory.

Worf101
01-20-2010, 05:17 PM
the last werewolf movie I saw, "Wolf".

I'll see this one just to erase the stench of that Nicholson/Pfiefer turdbomb from my olfactory memory.
Rent "Dog Soldiers"

"Spoon? There is no Spoon..."

Worf

Mr Peabody
01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Any one like the Howling movies? It's been so long since I saw one. I remember only seeing the first couple and thinking they were pretty good. But back in the 80's who knew better :)

Worf101
01-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Any one like the Howling movies? It's been so long since I saw one. I remember only seeing the first couple and thinking they were pretty good. But back in the 80's who knew better :)
The original "Howling" was fantastic. Great special effects, real, SCARY werewolves and no annoying teenagers trying to bag nurses old enough to be their mothers. "The Howling" is in my top 5 of all time werewolf movies. The sequels on the other hand... were horrendous. I personally don't know how they could ruin such a great original film with such a lousy follow up.

Worf

Mr Peabody
01-21-2010, 06:04 AM
The memory isn't totally gone then :) I'll have to see if Blockbuster has that stuck back in the archieve and give it a viewing.

Auricauricle
01-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Looks like a good 'un, Sir Slope! Nice to see Paul Blackthorne getting a tasty role, too....He was absolutely despicable in Lagaan; can't wait to see what sordid tidbits he has in store this go around...

3LB
01-21-2010, 04:04 PM
The original "Howling" was fantastic. Great special effects, real, SCARY werewolves and no annoying teenagers trying to bag nurses old enough to be their mothers. "The Howling" is in my top 5 of all time werewolf movies. The sequels on the other hand... were horrendous. I personally don't know how they could ruin such a great original film with such a lousy follow up.

I with ya Worf. That's a scary-fun movie, much in the same vein as Fright Night, another instant classic followed up by horrendous sequels.

My fave werewolf movie of all time is American Werewolf In London...just a pitch-perfect movie.