Whip It [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Whip It

Hyfi
01-18-2010, 09:27 AM
I waited anxiously to see this movie since I am an old school Roller Derby fan. Dig those Philadelphia Warriors!

So this is the latest Ellen Page movie and I had really high hopes that it would top Juno or a few of the other oddballs I recently watched. Overall, the story was OK and the movie was mildly entertaining. Had Ellen had the same parents as in Juno, this movie could have just picked up a year later.

The main thing that did not work in this movie is that Ellen is way too tiny to have actually pulled any of this off in real life. All the other girls in the Derby were twice her size and would have wiped the floor with her at any point in the competition.

I liked the bit with the guy thinking it was nice that they did not bring up or show any sex……until she told her mother she screwed the guy before he left. They could have left that out.

I expected more out of EP for some reason but only got the little innocent schoolgirl act. She did not play the convincing role like in Hard Candy. Overall I did like the movie but had to set aside my peeves in order to enjoy it.

As a debut for director, Drew Barrymore, she did OK. Her role in the movie was a waste and her stupid giggling did not add anything.

So as a recap for all the Ellen Page movies go that I recently watched, this one does not come in as high as some of the others. Hard Candy was an award worthy role in which she was as convincing as one could possibly be. Juno would be 2 on my list and I might just put Mouth to Mouth before Whip It.

What was your take?

poppachubby
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
I thought you were going to tell me what to do when a problem comes along.

Hyfi
01-18-2010, 09:52 AM

HUH?..

Rae
01-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I thought this was an advice thread too. I've got some cream that's been sitting out too long and I'm wondering if I can salvage it.

~Rae

Hyfi
01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I thought this was an advice thread too. I've got some cream that's been sitting out too long and I'm wondering if I can salvage it.

~Rae

Ahhh, I get it now.

Whip some of this down here!:prrr:

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I waited anxiously to see this movie since I am an old school Roller Derby fan. Dig those Philadelphia Warriors!

Sorry Hyfi, but the Los Angeles T-birds rule man:3:

Hyfi
01-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Sorry Hyfi, but the Los Angeles T-birds rule man:3:

But we had Judy Arnold and Jim Trotter:prrr:

ForeverAutumn
01-18-2010, 10:21 AM

LMAO! :biggrin5:

Hyfi
01-18-2010, 10:27 AM
http://www.marieclaire.com/cm/marieclaire/images/Kp/mcx-1009-drew-ellen-1-mdn.jpg

3LB
01-18-2010, 04:00 PM
I was a Pioneers fan myself.

Troy
01-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Bay Bombers here.

I will rent this when it's released next week.