Looking for help choosing in ceiling speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help choosing in ceiling speakers

capejohn
01-18-2010, 04:11 AM
I'm not all that knowledgeable with in ceiling speaker products and looking for some help & suggestions of products to look into. I've got a kitchen and a living room (new construction) I'd like to play music. I'd like the sound quality to be pretty good but doesn't have to be ultimate top of the line. I'd plan on having 2 in ceiling speakers in each room. Each room is about 14x16 feet. I've got about $300-$350 to spend on each set. The speakers I've looked into so far are SpeakerCraft CRS6one (heard them at Best Buy, they sounded pretty good) ..... and someone else suggested Sonance VP61R, but I've not heard them. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm not all that knowledgeable with in ceiling speaker products and looking for some help & suggestions of products to look into. I've got a kitchen and a living room (new construction) I'd like to play music. I'd like the sound quality to be pretty good but doesn't have to be ultimate top of the line. I'd plan on having 2 in ceiling speakers in each room. Each room is about 14x16 feet. I've got about $300-$350 to spend on each set. The speakers I've looked into so far are SpeakerCraft CRS6one (heard them at Best Buy, they sounded pretty good) ..... and someone else suggested Sonance VP61R, but I've not heard them. Any help and suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think you have covered the two companies that do this best in your price range. Take whatever you heard at best buy with a grain of salt. In ceiling speakers sound different in different rooms just like regular speakers do. Ceiling speakers are good for background music, and non critical listening areas you want to fill with music, so don't expect any audio magic to come from them.

Poultrygeist
01-22-2010, 06:01 PM
I'd opt for some full range speakers from Parts Express - better sound and a lot less expensive.