DCM kind of weekend... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DCM kind of weekend...

thekid
01-17-2010, 03:47 PM
As some of you already know I am a big fan of DCM speakers and had a couple of opportunities to score some up this weekend. A fairly benign sounding CL ad with no pics offered a pair of "tall-slim speakers" which turned out to be a pair of TF-600's in very good shape. I also swapped some gear with my brother and picked up a pair of CX-17's which will end up getting converted to center channel speakers in my and my son's all DCM HT set-ups.

This is my second set of TF-600's and I am not sure where I can put them but the price was right so I'll figure the rest out later.

dakatabg
01-17-2010, 04:03 PM
They are huge!

Nice amp on the back! I have the KM-106

h2oskiwme
01-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi I have a pair of DCM timewindow 7s. Can You give me an idea of what these are worth. They are in excellent condition. thanks, Mike

thekid
01-17-2010, 04:08 PM
They are huge!

Nice amp on the back! I have the KM-106

They are 4ft tall but only about 7" at the base and 3" at top. They are a transmission line speaker.

The amp is the M1D listed in my signature. My son has a KM-209/Basic C-1 pre-amp in his set up. The KM series are pretty good little amps. Had a KM-106 but sold it to another AR member.

h2oskiwme
01-17-2010, 04:12 PM
this is my second post. I should have said hey fellow audio nuts, thanks for having me.on my first post. rookie mistake.

dakatabg
01-17-2010, 04:32 PM
How big are the woofers? How many speakers in each cabinet?

I had DCM speakers before with 15" woofers. I don't remember the model but they were black and looked like a dj speakers. Very very nice bass!

thekid
01-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Dak

The TF-600 has 2 6.5" woofers and 3 .75" tweeters (Vifa)

H20- The TW7's are the rarest of the early TW series. There were TW1's and 3's with the chief difference being the size of the woofers. The 1's used 6.5" woofers the 3's used a 8" woofer and the 7's used a 9" woofer. They would probably sell for around $300 plus in the right environment.

poppachubby
01-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Nice. That's the best feeling, when your deal sweetens unexpectedly. They must sound great, I've had nothing but good experience with Vifa. My Angstroms contain Vifa speakers. I saw some Vifa bookshelf speakers for sale here locally and thought about buying them. Not sure if Vifa produced themselves or not.

Quidam2
01-30-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi I have a pair of DCM timewindow 7s. Can You give me an idea of what these are worth. They are in excellent condition. thanks, Mike
Hi,
I've listened to a pair of Time Window7 speakers at my friend's party and absolutely loved them.
I need of a good pair of speaker for my Home theater, If you do not use them anymore, please PM me for good price.
Sincerely,
Quidam2

runred41
02-13-2010, 12:02 AM
hi. i am an andio enthusiast and found this site tonight. i saw the dcm thread which i am also an owner of their fine speakers so i checked the site out. i saw that mike had a pair of timewindows 7 and another user asked about the price. just wondering if a deal was made and if not, if the timewindows might be for sale. don't want to get in on anybody else's deal but if a deal was not made then i'd be interested. i have a pair of timewindows 1A and 3 sets of original timewindows(picked up an extra one for spare parts) for my home theatre. i'd be interested in a timewindows 7. thanks and hope everybody is enjoying their systems! i'd appreciate an email or a response from the owner of the timwindows 7 if he did not come up with a deal to somebody else and would like to sell them. runred41

thekid
02-13-2010, 02:55 AM
hi. i am an andio enthusiast and found this site tonight. i saw the dcm thread which i am also an owner of their fine speakers so i checked the site out. i saw that mike had a pair of timewindows 7 and another user asked about the price. just wondering if a deal was made and if not, if the timewindows might be for sale. don't want to get in on anybody else's deal but if a deal was not made then i'd be interested. i have a pair of timewindows 1A and 3 sets of original timewindows(picked up an extra one for spare parts) for my home theatre. i'd be interested in a timewindows 7. thanks and hope everybody is enjoying their systems! i'd appreciate an email or a response from the owner of the timwindows 7 if he did not come up with a deal to somebody else and would like to sell them. runred41

Run

Welcome to AR hope to see you around and glad to see there is at least one other DCM fan on-board.

You may want to send a PM to the original poster who has the TW7's and see if you can work something out.

runred41
02-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Run

Welcome to AR hope to see you around and glad to see there is at least one other DCM fan on-board.

You may want to send a PM to the original poster who has the TW7's and see if you can work something out.
HEY. I'M NOT FOR SURE HOW TO SEND A PM THROUGH THIS. COULD YOU POINT ME THE WAY? DCM ORIGINAL SPEAKERS ARE THE HIDDEN GEMS OF THE AUDIOPHILE WORLD. WON'T GET RID OF MINE. THANKS.